Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

a great loss to kingtech!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

a great loss to kingtech!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:39 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After 47+ years on this earth and dealing with many companies I have learned that it is sometimes better to take the high road (even if you are in the right) and just keep your mouth shut. It does nothing to air your personal business to the public forum because even if you are the person who is right it still makes you look petty. I have done business with both companies and have no complaints regarding either.

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
What really bothered me was the way Todd presented this choice on Facebook. It was nothing but a long winded rhetoric with no practical information and reason. He was trying to sound holier than god and it really bothered me for some reason. Understand that I've got hundreds of orders through Dreamworks without issue and I love the company. This is the first time I've found something that really irked me. I love Dreamworks but in this case I am not on his side. Kingtech has been nothing but gold to me since my first to my present engine. Barry has bent over backwards when I had one small issue and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NoDrama.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2082550  
Old 03-19-2015, 03:44 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myersflyers
+1

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	2082569  
Old 03-19-2015, 04:36 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disappointed in actions of both parties!
Old 03-20-2015, 07:44 AM
marquisvns

Plane Jim, sorry you feel this way, but it is what it is and in the meanwhile, we wish Dreamworks well and will continue to do what we do best - Keeping Every KingTech Flying!

Best Regards,
Barry
Old 03-22-2015, 04:52 AM
Shaun Evans

Ughh...

This is the worst breakup since Peaches and Herb....
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

Pardon my attempt at comic relief, but I think Big D has it right. The rest is just cause for wincing. The people involved are good people and I hope everyone can move on positively.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:58 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Peaches and Herb broke up ??!!
Old 03-22-2015, 04:56 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by DISCUS54
Sounds like FEJ management took over at KT...glad I don't have either.
Worst post of the year, by far.

S
Old 03-23-2015, 05:49 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sad situation. All parties lose.

KingTech Engines have a pretty good reputation on the street, and Dreamworks is "the jet hobby shop".

Hopefully you guys can sip some Scotch, and puff a nice Cohiba (among other friendly things you can puff) and hug it out.

cheers!
David
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Ughh...

This is the worst breakup since Peaches and Herb....
Well then, maybe they'll be "reunited" in the near future???

Hope so. I think it behooves both parties to iron things out and stay "partners" with regards to selling and supporting KingTech turbines.

S

Last edited by smaze17; 03-23-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:09 AM
try3d

Wow, I just wonder what did you do to make Barry bent over backwards for your small issue, he don't even repair my turbine when Dreamworks sent to him on 4/26/2015!!!! Can you help?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Peaches and Herb broke up ??!!
Now that's funny! gave me a good laugh Mark.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
try3d

Barry retaliate Kingtech turbine owner

Dear Barry

This email is to hopefully work out a reasonable settlement between you and I for the repair of my K80G turbine engine, which was shipped to you by your Dealer, Dreamworks, from Florida on 4/26/2015.

This is my recollection our phone conversation on May 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM:

You called me, on the date and time stated above, to explain how Kingtech operates their business, and the reason for why my turbine did not get repaired in a timely manner. You originally said is due to lack of parts in stock. At the time, I did acknowledge and understand your explanation for the delay and felt it was reasonable. However, during our last phone conversation I could clearly sense in your tone that you were very upset. You yelled at me over the phone and accused me of "...going around to buy parts from DreamWorks...," and that I "...purchased and acquired a couple turbines from another dealers." This accusation was absolutely unfounded and untrue. Because of what you accused me of --which again is absolutely untrue--you unjustly and unfairly decided to terminate all dealings with me and refused to service to my turbine engine, which you were under contract to service. I strongly disagree with the way you handled the situation, how you terminated our working relationship, and how unfairly you treated me as a customer. As a friendly gesture, I even asked you again to finish the repair of my turbine and even offered to pay for the parts and labor myself. But, you refused and suggested that I should completely drop the Kingtech product and go with different brand. I didn't want to go with a different brand and wanted to amiably work out the situation with you. However, you left me with no choice so I told you that "I have no problems doing that (changing to a different brand)." Again, I only said that because I was forced to and you gave me no other option.

Now, in order for me to stop using my Kingtech turbine engine and go with different brand, I request that you agree to one of the two options below. I believe that this is reasonable and fair.
1) Kingtech complete the repair of my turbine and return it in good running condition, in the timely manner.
Or
2) Kingtech will buy back my turbine at market value, so I can buy another turbine from a different brand.

Please let me know of your decision within five working days to avoid any legal action.

Thank you,
Anthony Hoang

Hi Vera,
I forwarded you an email from Linda at Dreamworks, she was shipping my K80 ser#1150 with ECU and pump to you for repair, you should received on the Monday 4-27-2015, when you done with the repair please email, text or call me at xxxxxxxxx and I'll come and pick it up from you do not ship since I'm local.
Tracking UPS 1ZA4W2163973752695.

Thank you
Anthony

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 22, 2015 at 10:27:05 AM PDT
To: "[email protected]"
Subject: Kingtech Turbine

Anthony - Todd has replaced the ECU, it was defective. But he is saying that your engine is not working correctly because the Burner is not working.

This will have to go to Kingtech for Repair. I can ship it to them from here, but you will have to let Vera know it is coming.

Let me know,
Linda

Last edited by try3d; 05-08-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:16 AM
try3d

[TABLE="width: 600, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #008198"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"][TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]This message was sent to you at the request of Dreamworks Model Products LLC to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Dreamworks Model Products LLC directly.
Important Delivery Information
[HR][/HR]Signature Required[TABLE]
[/TABLE]
Scheduled Delivery: 28-April-2015
Shipment Detail
[HR][/HR]Ship To:
Barry Hou
Kingtech USA
289 S. Santa Anita Ave.
Pasadena
CA
US[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Number of Packages:[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]UPS Service:[/TD]
[TD]3 DAY SELECT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Weight:[/TD]
[TD]5.0 LBS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tracking Number:[/TD]
[TD]1ZA4W2163973752695[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Reference Number 1:[/TD]
[TD]66287[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Click here to track if UPS has received your shipment or visit
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US on the Internet.

[HR][/HR]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="width: 174"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="width: 174"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 576"][/TD]
[TD="width: 576"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 600"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]© 2015 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

All trademarks, trade names, or service marks that appear in connection with UPS's services are the property of their respective owners.

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. UPS will not receive any reply message.
For more information on UPS's privacy practices, refer to the UPS Privacy Notice.
For questions or comments, visit Contact UPS.

This communication contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the reading, copying, disclosure or other use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are instructed to please delete this e-mail immediately. [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]UPS Privacy Notice | Contact UPS[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 05-08-2015, 11:17 AM
try3d

Barry retaliate Kingtech turbine owner

Dear Barry

This email is to hopefully work out a reasonable settlement between you and I for the repair of my K80G turbine engine, which was shipped to you by your Dealer, Dreamworks, from Florida on 4/26/2015.

This is my recollection our phone conversation on May 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM:

You called me, on the date and time stated above, to explain how Kingtech operates their business, and the reason for why my turbine did not get repaired in a timely manner. You originally said is due to lack of parts in stock. At the time, I did acknowledge and understand your explanation for the delay and felt it was reasonable. However, during our last phone conversation I could clearly sense in your tone that you were very upset. You yelled at me over the phone and accused me of "...going around to buy parts from DreamWorks...," and that I "...purchased and acquired a couple turbines from another dealers." This accusation was absolutely unfounded and untrue. Because of what you accused me of --which again is absolutely untrue--you unjustly and unfairly decided to terminate all dealings with me and refused to service to my turbine engine, which you were under contract to service. I strongly disagree with the way you handled the situation, how you terminated our working relationship, and how unfairly you treated me as a customer. As a friendly gesture, I even asked you again to finish the repair of my turbine and even offered to pay for the parts and labor myself. But, you refused and suggested that I should completely drop the Kingtech product and go with different brand. I didn't want to go with a different brand and wanted to amiably work out the situation with you. However, you left me with no choice so I told you that "I have no problems doing that (changing to a different brand)." Again, I only said that because I was forced to and you gave me no other option.

Now, in order for me to stop using my Kingtech turbine engine and go with different brand, I request that you agree to one of the two options below. I believe that this is reasonable and fair.

1) Kingtech complete the repair of my turbine and return it in good running condition, in the timely manner.

Or

2) Kingtech will buy back my turbine at market value, so I can buy another turbine from a different brand.

Please let me know of your decision within five working days to avoid any legal action.

Thank you,

Anthony Hoang
Old 05-08-2015, 11:38 AM
try3d

Please allow me to quote what Kristopher and Dirk said in their posts to remind Barry the good words that Krstopher and Dirk said about him, I wish that he should listen to them and treat every customer equally.

Kristopher said: "If your engine is broke Barry and Dirk will do what ever it takes to make it right."

Dirk said: "Kingtech WILL, continue to give the best Sale, Service and best Tech support like we ALWAYS have in the past, regardless where you buy the TURBINE!!"

I was wonder is this the Honesty and Deceit that Barry was talking about?

Last edited by try3d; 05-08-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
marquisvns

All in here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/king...ingtech-5.html

Old 05-08-2015, 01:56 PM
iflyrcjets

Try3d you appear to be a miss representing the facts a little. Bad Karma catches up.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:03 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

For anyone reading, I just want to pipe in on my experience with Barry and Kingtech,,
I bought a brand new Kingtech K-210 from Barry last year at Christmas for my brand new 1/6 skymaster f16. Once I had the Jet going, I had multiple flameouts, I called him multiple times to try and figure out why, the times I did not get ahold of him, he would call me back. He was always very helpful, walking me thru the GSU data and explaining what the data showed, he was leading to the flameout being a problem on my end somewhere, never really coming out and saying it, but hinting at it. He informed me if I had worries send the turbine back to him and he would go over it from front to back. My last flameout #7 was it, I removed the turbine and sent it to him. He called and left a very descriptive voicemail telling me they got it, when it would be worked on, who would work on it, and when sent back. While he had it, I swapped to a BVM high flow Uat and re-located it where I could see it, and replumbed the jet. He stated they ran it multiple times found no problem. The work was done when he said, the turbine was sent back when he said. I got the turbine back in, and now have 12 flights on the jet and my 210 runs flawless, there is no more flameout issue. I believe Barry was correct the whole time, something was wrong with my plumbing setup to the turbine somewhere. My point is this, Barry has been nothing but professional to me, and provided excellent customer service, and his reputation for that is known very well among Kingtech Owners..

Last edited by raron455; 05-08-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I buy from Both companies. Both are great to work with. I'm not letting some internal dispute change that.

Have fun flying.

Andy
Old 05-08-2015, 03:32 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The picture of that ECU looks like he dunked it in Mr Burns toxic waste dump before he sent it in. Scotty
Old 05-08-2015, 03:37 PM
marquisvns

Thanks guys, Ronnie, thanks for the update, glad that you had it all sorted out, it's been a pleasure working with you as well.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-08-2015, 03:39 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Unbelievable..
Old 05-08-2015, 04:04 PM
try3d

I just got my turbine back from Barry today here are the pictures and condition of all the part was sent in for Barry to look at.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2094706   Click image for larger version

Views:	190
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2094707   Click image for larger version

Views:	152
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2094708   Click image for larger version

Views:	126
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2094709   Click image for larger version

Views:	147
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2094710  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.