Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

a great loss to kingtech!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

a great loss to kingtech!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 04:58 AM
geonato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a great loss to kingtech!!!

Atenção : Nos negócios, você inevitavelmente correr em situações onde o seu fundamento moral e crenças éticas serão testados. Tornou-se claro para mim ao longo dos anos que os termos acima não são intercambiáveis. Por

tema de crenças; sejam elas religiosas, políticas
In business, you inevitably run into situations where your moral foundation and ethical beliefs will be tested. It has become clear to me over the years that the above terms are not interchangeable. By definition, morals are values that we attribute to a system of beliefs; be they religious, political or philosophical, for example. Ethics are how we as business owners apply those beliefs into our short and long-term business decisions. As a result, these concepts are inevitably intertwined to produce a culture of professionalism and accountability within the business model. Honesty, accountability, integrity and dedication have been moral keystones since the inception of Dreamworks Model Products.As a business owner, it is important to establish business relations with suppliers/manufactures that hold similar moral and ethical values; especially those that provide direct customer product support or warranty services. I expect our customers to receive the same level of professionalism from our suppliers as they do from us directly.
Unfortunately, it has become clear for some time now that Kingtech does not hold the same moral foundation. Those seeking support for their Kingtech product, when contacting them directly has resulted in numerous, valid complaints. Customers, whom purchased engines through DMP and not Kingtech directly, report serious bias in customer service on a regular basis. Dysfunctional dealer support is met with a rollercoaster of Jekyll and Hyde responses. Known manufacturing defects, which could potentially cause loss of airframe or worse, are purposely kept quiet; a position I vehemently disagree with and one which has created much riff between Kingtech and I.
Further restrictions from Kingtech, affecting our ability to support the product line at a level our customers have grown to expect from us has sealed my decision to remove the product from our catalog. Its always disappointing when we feel the need to part ways with a supplier however, we stand our ground and refuse to allow short term profitability to sway the moral foundation this company was built on.

Respectfully,
Todd Witkoff

Dreamworks Model Products ou filosóficas, por exemplo. A ética é como nós, como donos de empresas aplicam essas crenças em nossas decisões de negócios de curto e longo prazo. Como resultado, esses conceitos estão inevitavelmente interligados para p
Como empresário, é importante para estabelecer relações comerciais com os fornecedores / fabricantes que têm valores morais e éticos semelhantes; especialmente as que prestam serviços de suporte ao produto do cliente ou garantia direta. Espero que nossos clientes para receber o mesmo nível de profissionalismo de nossos fornecedores como eles fazem de nós diretamente.
Infelizmente, tornou-se claro há algum tempo que Kingtech não detém o mesmo fundamento moral. Aqueles que procuram apoio para o seu produto Kingtech, quando contatá-los diretamente resultou em numerosas, reclamações válidas. Os clientes, a quem compra motores através de DMP e não Kingtech diretamente, relatório sério viés em atendimento ao cliente em uma base regular. Apoio comerciante disfuncional é recebido com uma montanha-russa de Jekyll e Hyde respostas. Defeitos de fabricação conhecidos, que poderiam causar perda de fuselagem ou pior, são propositadamente manteve o silêncio; uma posição que eu discordar veementemente e um que criou muita riff entre Kingtech e I.
Outras restrições de Kingtech, afetando nossa capacidade de suportar a linha de produtos em um nível nossos clientes têm crescido a esperar de nós selou a minha decisão de remover o produto do nosso catálogo. É sempre decepcionante quando sentimos a necessidade de separar com um fornecedor no entanto, que defender a nossa terra e se recusam a permitir que a rentabilidade a curto prazo a balançar o alicerce moral esta empresa foi construído.

Respeitosamente,
Todd Witkoff

Last edited by geonato; 03-18-2015 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:06 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uh oh

Last edited by basimpsn; 03-18-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:21 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turboprop?

Last edited by David Jackson; 03-18-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not at all Geonato, below is my response on DW's facebook page:

Todd, I also applaud you putting this out in the open but I believe it would be appropriate to have our response as well.

From day one, we respected you as a colleague and your experience in the jet community, and knowing you often make adjustments to the engines that you sold and claimed to have better results, we often have no choice but to yield the responsibility of support, as I do not wish to offend you by override what's done.

I believe this unplseantry all started with the recent fuel pump issues with the 210, while the recent engines are sent directly to the customer without your adjustments I have seemed to grown into yielding the privilege of support when the customer bought the engines from you and if this offended you and/or the customers, please accept my apologies. Having said this, Scott Adams and Michael Williams were one of the first ones to receive their replacement pumps and they bought their 210s through you.

What you don't seem to understand or at least refuse to is that when there's a problem with an engine, it takes time for it to develop into a pattern, which takes some more time to diagnose the problem accurately. Then, we may require more time to receive the replacement parts or components, since the feasibility of replacement would require testing and manufacturing, in this case the 180 fuel pumps. We are often compromised by the reliability of peripheral components.

Lastly, I appreciate the civility rather than the much sarcastic and derogatory text messages that led to karma/voodooing email from you.

Regardless, I wish you and your family well!

Barry
Old 03-18-2015, 08:05 AM
marquisvns

As well as below, also on FB:

By the way, I voluntarily posted this issue on the Turbine Clinic:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kingtech-turbines-international-521/11613230-k-210g-its-fuel-pump.html

Todd, you are overstating your moral high ground.
Barry
Old 03-18-2015, 08:20 AM
marquisvns

So you understand Geonato, not really, to the title of this thread:

The entire KingTech Team was involved in making the decision to terminate DW's dealership well before Todd's announcement, for his displaying of outrage at FL Jets.

Barry
Old 03-18-2015, 08:22 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Well that statement by Todd is not the complete truth. He is using partial truths and statements out of context.

First off full disclosure. I am a Kingtech demo pilot but I am NOT a PAID kingtech employee. I am someone on the east coast Barry can trust to help him out when needed and yes Barry is a very good friend of mine. I also love Dreamworks and always liked dealing with Todd and his staff and I love his one stop jet shop for everything. So I have no money to gain nor loose with this and no reason other then to be fully honest.

I can only talk about what happened when I was involved.

For me this all started at FLjets.Barry was unable to attend due to getting very sick the day he was supposed to leave for Florida. He asked me if I could handle the shippment of engines and kingtech oil for him since he was sick. I of course said no problem hes a friend. As most of you know the K210s are dealing with some issues with the fuel pumps. At FLjets Ali Machinchy needed a fuel pump. After already giving 2 pumps out for other customers with K210s I didn't have any more left and wanted to keep Ali in the air to entertain the crowd.

So I head over to the dreamworks trailer knowing they would probably have a usable pump. This is where thing go all wrong. After waiting in the Dream Works line (they get pretty busy at FLjets) I asked Todd for a Kingtech fuel pump that will work with a K210. (140,170,180 pumps all work). He had a K170 pump and gave it to me. I was extremely happy to get Ali back in the air. So I asked Todd if he could just Bill Barry/Kingtech for the pump. Out loud in front of all the people waiting in line at Dreamworks Todd says QUOTE ( That Barry Hou does not have an account with us and I don't have any time for him) So I said Todd can I ask what happend? Todd said Quote(He told my customers that all of Barrys K210 customers will get pumps before the dreamworks customers will! I have no time for that Barry Hou!). All the people in line at the Dreamworks trailer just stood there with their mouths open due to Todds outburst. Todd then said (he would get with Barry after the event and get the payment for the pump). So off I went to getting Ali back up. Could not help but think about how unprofessional Todd was venting in front of all these customers about him and Barry.

At the end of the day I wanted to give Barry a call and let him know about what happened. Todd being good people I tried to just smooth things over so told Barry that you and Todd need to get together and iron out some things hes not happy with you. This was all I wanted to say about the situation to Barry cause I understand Todd might have just been venting some. Well after talking to Barry he told me he and Todd already talked about it a week before the event and everything is fine between them now and its all taken care off. So I then felt I needed to tell him that I dont think Todd feels like it taken care off and told him about the outburst in front of his customers at the Dreamowrks Trailer. Barry and Kingtech made the decision during Florida jets to no longer partner with Dreamworks. I saw the Email Barry sent out to Todd on the decision to part ways.

After the event talking to Barry he got a different story from Todd on what happened. So I just told Barry all I can do is tell you what happened. I don't make anything nor gain anything by making stuff up. I also work for law enforcement and take telling the truth very seriously.

At the end of the day I hopped Barry and Todd could have worked it out but sometimes things just don't work out. I don't have any hard feeling towards Todd. But really im not happy about how he wrote Dreamworks was taking the moral high ground and parting ways with Kingtech.... That could not be farther from the truth and Kingtech parted ways with Dreamworks and talking about morals... I don't think having an outburst in public and singling out an individual about private issues and then lying about it is being moral.

I dont know what happned in the past with the fuel pumps and kingtech not supplying them to dreamworks. I was not apart of all that and cant comment on that. All I know is it does not matter who you are. If your engine is broke Barry and Dirk will do what ever it takes to make it right.

Thanks
Kristopher Gunter
Old 03-18-2015, 09:09 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Hi Kris,
First, I have the utmost respect for you and consider you a friend however; There is far more depth to this than I am sure you are privileged too. We had already decided to drop the line before before FJ but was too busy preparing for the event to address it.

The only people at the mobile store at the time of our discussion were Dreamworks employees and friends. I am not aware of anyone else in our presence. Your quote is also a bit off in accuracy.... I stated "you and Barry work it out (replacement), I'm done dealing with him directly".

The 210 issue was just the breaking of the camels back, so to speak. There has been much Jekyll and Hyde leading up to this. There are plenty here, reading this, that know exactly what I am talking about. Lets be realistic, I wouldnt take this position without warrant....
Please feel free to call me if you wish to discuss further!
Todd
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

geonato & all,

There are always 3 sides to every story or argument, and in this case, Todds side, Barry's side and the truth!!! What is really the problem is that Todd decided to go public to air his dirty laundry and talk about how Professional & Moral he is and yadda yadda yadda.... but in fact, he is the problem. He states that We/ KingTech are singling out his customers and not taking care of them, I personally beg to differ, as I do all the KingTech service & Warranty work INCLUDING DREAMWORKS Customers, co workers and any other Dealers customers throughout the entire world!! I have NEVER not fixed a turbine that DreamWorks sent to me for repair. In fact, I have put his turbines to the front of the line as I knew his customers had been waiting with shipping to DW and then shipping time to California and wanted to get them back ASAP to help him out. I have NEVER not assisted a DreamWorks customer for tech support on the phone. As for KingTech trying to hide faults with our turbines, I again beg to differ!!! On 2/11/2015 Barry made an announcement in our turbine clinic telling our customers that they "may" have an issue with the special designed fuel pump for the K-210 and how to recognize if they had a faulty pump and to contact us so we can change it out. That is not hiding from anyone or hiding anything. The notice didn't say contact us unless you are a DW customer. Todd was all butt hurt because we did not personally inform him of the issue and he found out through 1 of his customers that read the Clinic post. Maybe we dropped the ball in that aspect of telling our dealers but that is not a reason to proceed the way he did and say the things he did off line. I have read all the emails between Barry and Todd over this matter and TODD, you were far from professional and Moral as you state. After reading the Emails, I personally backed Barry and the Factory's decision to TERMINATE Todds Dealership privileges. There are a lot more $keleton$ in this closet and I am sure Todd doesn't want us to bring them out. The bottom line is, KingTech WILL, continue to give the best Sales, Service and Tech support, like we ALWAYS have in the past, regardless of where you buy the Turbine!!

Regards,

Dirk Flejter
KingTech Service
Old 03-18-2015, 09:58 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

as I have a little dog in this fight I will throw in my two cents for anyone who wants to read it , first of all since I have gotten into turbines I buy almost everything from DreamWorks it is always great stuff they are a great company who takes care of me and ships very quickly I can never complain about DreamWorks they've always been fantastic. Now after saying that I will say this, last December King tech had a sale on the 210, I took advantage of the savings and bought one from King tech installed it in my 1/6 scale f16 , did about three good ground test ,the last one figuring out my max run time, running it at 95,000 rpms for 10 minutes. The next day I took it to the field to maiden. during my range check something weird happened the turbine just stopped and spit out a bunch of smoke but all of my Control surfaces were still working fine, I pressure checked my whole fuel system On install, and have never had any air bubbles in it from the very first start up so I thought maybe it was a fluke, I might have got an air bubble in there while refueling and that may have possibly caused it to shut down while idling. I started it back up and let it run for a little bit no issues so I brought it back over checked on my batteries aired it up refueled it and then it was time to maiden, First flight went great no trouble, after landing it I brought it back refueled it again and checked everything to take it up for a second flight, on my first circuit On my downwind leg in the middle of my turn to base had a flame out, engine just stopped put out about a 50 foot trail of smoke thank God I was able to get it back on the ground safely, multiple other turbine pilots were there we all went over everything and could find no problems GSU just stated flameout. I Waited until Monday and talk to Barry he actually returned my call after I left a voicemail he worked with me in detail asking me what exactly happened and told me that they have had some issues with the fuel pumps and he would send me a new one from the 180s to eliminate that as a possibility for the cause of the problem, when it gets in to take the old one and put it back in the self addressed stamped envelope and send it back to him, he did this no questions asked, and then gave me advice on exactly where to look and what to look for if I ever have another flameout which hopefully I don't. I have the new pump installed and have ran about a gallon through it with zero air bubbles so I'm going to ground run it three or four more times and then take it back to the field and see how everything goes I'm going to fly as high as the Space Shuttle until I'm confident in the system so my personal experience with both of these Guys has been great, they are both top notch guys I hope you can get things worked out and work together again in the future because I've enjoyed doing business with both of you, and will continue to do so

Last edited by raron455; 03-18-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

FACTS:

1) Dreamworks will no longer offer KingTech Turbines

Does any of the rest of this really matter?

Hoping (beyond hope) that this thread ends here.

David S
Old 03-18-2015, 10:35 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 2 new K210's - one thru Dreamworks and another direct from Kingtech - both registered for warranty with Kingtech. After seeing the pump issue in the Turbine Clinic I emailed Barry. I promptly received 2 replacement pumps (each about a week apart) with no questions asked.

Most I know prefer to have turbines serviced by the manufacturer, so DW pulling their support is no big deal to many of us.

Now let's move on and enjoy the hobby...
Scott Adams
Old 03-18-2015, 10:38 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree would love for all this drama to go away so we can all get back to build threads and flying!
Old 03-18-2015, 11:05 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't understand the need to try to explain all the issues as to the why of these falling outs. It could very easily and eloquently have been stated that

"after much thought and discussion, while we think the product is good, it is not economically feasible for dreamworks to continue to carry king tech turbines. We wish them all the best and are sorry to see this happen but it is in the best interest of both parties and more importantly our customers"

It is all fine and good to try to have total transparency with the Internet but sometimes I think that all the justifying of actions is damaging to all parties involved. At the end of the day, these statements get made and there is a rebuttal leaving all customers in an awkward spot wondering which of the two business's who both have great reputations is telling the bigger truth. At the end of the day, anything that causes issues for any dealer or business to have difficulty with a product renders it no longer economically feasible and that is really all the public needs to know.

Just my opinion as a business owner.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:12 AM
geonato

I only regret I am kingtech dreamworks customer, I hope they come back to do business again in the future and that this was just a misunderstanding ... hugs
Old 03-18-2015, 12:27 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I don't understand the need to try to explain all the issues as to the why of these falling outs. It could very easily and eloquently have been stated that

"after much thought and discussion, while we think the product is good, it is not economically feasible for dreamworks to continue to carry king tech turbines. We wish them all the best and are sorry to see this happen but it is in the best interest of both parties and more importantly our customers"

It is all fine and good to try to have total transparency with the Internet but sometimes I think that all the justifying of actions is damaging to all parties involved. At the end of the day, these statements get made and there is a rebuttal leaving all customers in an awkward spot wondering which of the two business's who both have great reputations is telling the bigger truth. At the end of the day, anything that causes issues for any dealer or business to have difficulty with a product renders it no longer economically feasible and that is really all the public needs to know.

Just my opinion as a business owner.
What you say makes sense and I basically agree, However in the end I feel most customers will judge things based on their individual experience with the respective companies.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:50 PM
gmilo
My Feedback: (39)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nobody wins in a pissing match. Its over, please move on with some maturity. Both firms customers are watching and reading this.......
Old 03-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

In this business customer service is king, no pun intended.
Fact that that both companies claim and provide great service is fine to talk about and such but in the end the customers will discuss and compare notes and your reputation is sealed in fact and fiction regardless of your claims.

The need to be transparent seems to be born from these forums and companies trying to squash rumor and fiction for fear of bad press and misrepresented "facts". Truth is you make one statement as needed and move on to distance yourself from the negativity these quarrels create. That's all that's needed. The sewing circles will continue regardless and the faithful customers will go to bat online for their favorites all the while the companies should keep an eye open but their mouths shut.

This is how we dealt with social media and I ran the forums on products I designed for 7 years. I personally provided direct customer support on the product threads while our CS Dept. took all emails and calls. We did have excellent support and service as a result. How often do customers get s direct line to the designer? So that was great for them and fun for me as well.

Its a a bad situation no doubt but both companies should back off and let this die.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:33 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
In this business customer service is king, no pun intended.
Fact that that both companies claim and provide great service is fine to talk about and such but in the end the customers will discuss and compare notes and your reputation is sealed in fact and fiction regardless of your claims.

The need to be transparent seems to be born from these forums and companies trying to squash rumor and fiction for fear of bad press and misrepresented "facts". Truth is you make one statement as needed and move on to distance yourself from the negativity these quarrels create. That's all that's needed. The sewing circles will continue regardless and the faithful customers will go to bat online for their favorites all the while the companies should keep an eye open but their mouths shut.

This is how we dealt with social media and I ran the forums on products I designed for 7 years. I personally provided direct customer support on the product threads while our CS Dept. took all emails and calls. We did have excellent support and service as a result. How often do customers get s direct line to the designer? So that was great for them and fun for me as well.

Its a a bad situation no doubt but both companies should back off and let this die.
I love your signature line "Like a midget in a urinal I knew I had to stay on my toes..." LMAO
Old 03-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks!
I can't claim it, watch The Naked Gun sometime. That line stuck out and it's fit the bill ever since!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:40 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Thanks!
I can't claim it, watch The Naked Gun sometime. That line stuck out and it's fit the bill ever since!
I'll have to watch the movie
Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Sounds like FEJ management took over at KT...glad I don't have either.

Last edited by DISCUS54; 03-18-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Pepperpete

What really bothered me was the way Todd presented this choice on Facebook. It was nothing but a long winded rhetoric with no practical information and reason. He was trying to sound holier than god and it really bothered me for some reason. Understand that I've got hundreds of orders through Dreamworks without issue and I love the company. This is the first time I've found something that really irked me. I love Dreamworks but in this case I am not on his side. Kingtech has been nothing but gold to me since my first to my present engine. Barry has bent over backwards when I had one small issue and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 03-18-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:45 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got scared when I saw the title to this thread, glad it's just an attitude problem! This is not something I need to see, I love Dreamworks and Kingtech although after reading this Dreamworks took some damage unfortunately, but I will continue to be a customer of both.

Hi MOM!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	642
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	2082429  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.