Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

iGyro 1e

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

iGyro 1e

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:00 PM
tow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I`m connecting the USB to the lead marked (USB/GAIN) and the battery to (INPUT). The USB comes with 2 small shunts witch enables connecting female/female. Still get same error message. What`s wrong?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by tow
Try to connect the igyro 1e via the terminal-program via USB. I only get the message "unable to open port"! HELP!!!!
How old is your terminal version? When did you down load?
Try un installing and re installing

Regards

Dave
Old 07-10-2015, 05:23 AM
tow

Program is downloaded recently. Version I`m not sure of. Have tried re-installing but to no avail. ........ :-(
Old 07-10-2015, 05:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

It's been a little while since i messed with mine but I know that the drivers installed a virtual com port and I had to mess with the com port settings so that the USB com port was recognized by the software.

It's all on my home system so if you can't figure it out I'll try to remember to look later, I'm working right now.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:03 AM
haisanjafri

Hi Dave,

I just received mine. Looking forward to install in my BVM KingCat jet on elevators so I may get rid of mixing in different flaps settings. What I need to know is that the difference in "RATE MODE" and "HEADING LOCK MODE" before I test the Jet in air. Also the installation orientation/direction while using with elevators? Which mode for elevators shall be perfect while using flaps?

Last edited by haisanjafri; 10-23-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Dave Wilshere

Hello

If you think the gyro will allow you to remove the up elevator compensation needed with Flap on the KingCat...it won't!

Really the KingCat only needs gyros on the rudder, its pretty smooth otherwise.

Dave
Old 03-27-2016, 03:01 PM
hoser

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

id really like to try this on the nose wheel, as mentioned by others we have the nose steering on a separate channel. Unfortunately most radios don't have expo setting on the aux channels but as we all know we want to be able to do tight taxi turns but don't want to oversteer on take off, especially on planes with close mains. I also don't want to bother with setting up of a switch and adjusting gains, is there a simple way to set it and forget it for the nose wheel.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:35 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hoser
id really like to try this on the nose wheel, as mentioned by others we have the nose steering on a separate channel. Unfortunately most radios don't have expo setting on the aux channels but as we all know we want to be able to do tight taxi turns but don't want to oversteer on take off, especially on planes with close mains. I also don't want to bother with setting up of a switch and adjusting gains, is there a simple way to set it and forget it for the nose wheel.
Two suggestions:

1. Assuming your nose wheel steering is mixed from the rudder channel, use a curve mix and program the points to give less throw around neutral and more throw at the end points. This effectively gives you differential on the nose wheel.

2. Connect your 1e gyro to the nose wheel. Set your gain at +50% in rate mode (make sure if responds in the correct direction) and do some low-to-high speed taxis. Adjust the gain as required either through a knob or slider, or by changing the gyro gain travel in the transmitter. Once you find a gain you like, you're done and you can "forget it"!

What kind or radio do you have?

Craig
Old 03-28-2016, 05:00 AM
hoser

Thanks Craig

I have a dx18 don't always need gyro but depending on crosswind and which short wheelbase main plane i fly its nice to have a little better set up than just smooth thumbs. when going from a grass field to paved I always seem to over compensate till i get the first few take offs out of the way.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:43 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hoser
Thanks Craig

I have a dx18 don't always need gyro but depending on crosswind and which short wheelbase main plane i fly its nice to have a little better set up than just smooth thumbs. when going from a grass field to paved I always seem to over compensate till i get the first few take offs out of the way.
Hoser,

I also have a DX18. Here's what my rudder to nose wheel steering (Aux 5) looks like with "curve" mixing to create differential steering:

It works very well and you may find you don't even need a gyro.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5083[1].jpg
Views:	954
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	2154787  
Old 03-28-2016, 04:59 PM
hoser

BRILLIANT! thank you
Old 07-30-2017, 03:06 PM
horsefeetky

hi dave

could this tiny gyro be used on a jet electric brakes to even them out left and right side power..

joe in ky
Old 07-30-2017, 09:21 PM
Dave Wilshere

I don't see how it could work, there are several requirements and I'm not sure they can be met.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:30 AM
wing13z

Any one tried this Gyro on the elevator? I have a Carf DG-800 Glider, and I want to install it on my elevator "its only one servo" !!
Is it reliable for that? or its better to be use only for rudder, nose wheel and ailerons?
Am I really going to need the USB cable for that too?
Old 03-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Dave Wilshere

You can use it on elevator, if it’s a turbine DG you need to set the gain going as fast as you can.
No USB needed, I’d set the gain to 25% max to start with and work up from there.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:01 PM
wing13z

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
You can use it on elevator, if it’s a turbine DG you need to set the gain going as fast as you can.
No USB needed, I’d set the gain to 25% max to start with and work up from there.
In another thread, there is someone did put the gain 70% for the elevator for his DG 800 turbine powered!! But he did use the IGyro 3e.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:22 PM
Dave Wilshere

It may take a high gain, but I’d do it in steps, the DG takes some time to loose energy!
Old 03-08-2024, 01:44 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two of these and for some reason when I set the servo travel to zero the gyro is still active. I only want the rate setting so I have 0-100. I have tried many times and have used different ports on my receiver with proper end points and the gyro is still active. I have two of these and one works like it should but one just will not adjust the gain setting from the radio. Going to order another since its a love how well it works on the rudder, so how do I get support or repair for this gyro?
Old 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Their main support forum is
https://forum.powerbox-systems.com/forum/

Since you're in the US www.powerbox-americas.com can probably help you