Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CB Elektronics supporting T18MZ native Displays "IAS Speed and JetCat"

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CB Elektronics supporting T18MZ native Displays "IAS Speed and JetCat"

Old 04-12-2015, 01:11 AM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CB Elektronics supporting T18MZ native Displays "IAS Speed and JetCat"

Dear customers,

this letter is for all of our customers using FSS-330, 460 IAS Speed Sensors and FEPC JetCat ECU data converter.

We are getting more and more questions from our customer base all over the world in relation to T18MZ Software Version 2.5.0.
The main question is when will CB Elektronics support the new native IAS and JetCat Displays for the above products?

In order to make a long story short I have the following good and bad News.

Situation FEPC ECU data converter:

I have a new Software for the FEPC (Version 2.0) ready to go supporting the new "JetCat" Display. Attached you can see some pictures of it.
All existing FEPC hardware out in the field can be upgraded. Fot those guys of you who can understand German here is a link to the German speaking Futaba Forum where I wrote already in
February a statement regarding the FEPC T18MZ Situation.

http://www.futaba-forum.net/showthre...highlight=FEPC

We made the decission not to release the new FEPC Software 2.0 because we see critical problems with the T18MZ Version 2.5.0 in the telemetry and voice section.
We have reported these problems here in Germany to Robbe/Futaba. I would expect that Robbe / Futaba will come up with a new Software Version above 2.5.0 for the T18MZ in order to fix the bugs.

Conclusion of the FEPC Situation:

Customers should be adviced to use our FEPC Version 1.7 with T18MZ Software 2.4.1. This is a rock solid secure combo, 100 times proven!!
Even with the release of a Futaba T18MZ Software above 2.5.0 we will continue to sell FEPC version 1.7, because for the support of Robbe T-Box, T14SG, FX-22 and so on.

We will release FEPC 2.0 until we see the problems fixed.

Situation FSS-460 and FSS-330 realtime IAS Speed Sensor:

In the future there will be no update needed for FSS-xxx in order to use use the new T18MZ native IAS Speed Sensor Display. Just install the FSS-xxx as a temp sensor as written in the handbook
and manually dial up new TAS sensor in the T18MZ at the assigned Slot number. Please be informed there will be a display update problem with T18MZ in Version 2.5.0 too.
A new Software for T18MZ is necessary in order to use the new IAS Speed Display from our perspective in combination with our IAS sensors.

Conclusion of the FSS-xxx Situation:

So again it makes a lot of sence to still use our FSS-xxx Version 2.0 IAS sensors together with T18MZ Version 2.4.1

BR
Tim

CB Elektronics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FEPC V2_0 #1.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	2088271   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEPC V2_0 #2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	2088272   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEPC V2_0 #3.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	2088273  
Old 05-31-2015, 04:28 PM
heraldoboldrin

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested in use the jetcat telemetry just to know when it shutdown.. .. will work with any 18mz version?
Old 05-31-2015, 06:31 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Any news on Futaba fixing the units conversion bugs with their latest 18MZ software release?

thanks
Dave (Happy user of the CB airspeed sensors!)