Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Old 04-18-2015, 11:41 AM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ******* Boomerang is Back ******

Boomerang is Back J
Dear Fellow Turbine Pilots,

I am pleased to announce that the heartache and sadness of knowing that you could no longer get a Boomerang Jet is a thing of the past.

My name is Larry Roper and I have been flying RC for over 25 years. A few years back I got hooked on Turbines after being introduced to them on a Boomerang Sprint.

Like many I was saddened to see the Boomerang brand disappear from the Jet Scene. So I decided to reach out to Alan Cardash , the designer of the Boomerang line of jets and see if anything could be done to bring Boomerangs back into production.

Well after a few phone calls between Alan and I, we decided it was worthwhile to travel to China and meet with the factory owners and discuss some of the issues that had hurt the brand recently.

We had them produce 3 samples for us to inspect while visiting with them. They produced a Sprint, an Elan and a Torus.
Well when we openedthe boxes, we were excited to say the least.

The packaging has been redesigned to better protect the kits during shipping. The glue joints of the Torus where as good or better than any other kit out there. In fact all 3 samples where perfect. Just as they should be.

We worked with the factory for 2 full days and assembled all 3 kits while we were there. They all went together as expected and we fully expect that level of quality to remain in place.

Once we were happy with the production end of business it was back to the negotiating table with Alan. Boy is he tough. We struck a deal on a hand shake as he still had to get Patricia’s blessing. That was going to be the tough part.

With Patricia’s blessing in hand I went to work and placed the first order with the factory.

Boomerang RC Jets,LLC is expecting the first order to arrive in mid August.

In the mean time I will be working on the new website and the minutia of getting a new business off the ground.

The main goal of Boomerang RC Jets is simply to continue to fill the needs of those pilots who appreciate the special flying qualities of a Boomerang Jet.

Whether it’s a Sprint, Elan, Torus or XL. Boomerang RC Jets will now be handling the distribution and territory previously handled by Patricia and Boomerang USA.

I will be traveling to a few of the Jet events through out the upcoming season and I look forward to meeting you and welcoming everyone to the Boomerang Family.

I look forward to hearing from the jet community and for now, I can be reached by email at: [email protected]
Once the Website is up and running I will have more detailed contact information.

Until Then,
Happy Flying,
Larry Roper
Boomerang RC Jets, LLC

Last edited by j.duncker; 04-21-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-18-2015, 01:09 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good news. Will the Nano make a comeback as well?
Old 04-18-2015, 01:23 PM
4ptroll

ira.. I do not have any Nano's in this order but will include some in the next order. I tried to squeeze a few in but it didn't work out at this time. Kilroy Richardson still had a few Nano's from what I understand. You may want to contact him if you are looking for one sooner. All the Best. Larry
Old 04-18-2015, 02:39 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry, will you have any XL's? Mine is tired and I won't fly it until it's replaced. And where will the pricing be?

Thanks

Mark
Old 04-18-2015, 03:14 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
ira.. I do not have any Nano's in this order but will include some in the next order. I tried to squeeze a few in but it didn't work out at this time. Kilroy Richardson still had a few Nano's from what I understand. You may want to contact him if you are looking for one sooner. All the Best. Larry
Larry, Thanks for the reply, I currently have a Nano and all is well with it but it's good to know the line will be back in case I need parts or another kit.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:53 PM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by trioval00
Larry, will you have any XL's? Mine is tired and I won't fly it until it's replaced. And where will the pricing be?

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark....we will have XL's in stock. Pricing will be held at the same price points prior to Patricia closing retiring. Pricing levels are and have been the same since 2012. Hope this helps.
Happy Flying...

Larry
Old 04-18-2015, 06:10 PM
obiwan12
My Feedback: (9)

This is great news. Glad to hear they are back.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:44 AM
4ptroll

Here are a few pictures from the factory
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Elan Packaging.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	2090124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elan Packaging 2.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	2090125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elan Assembly.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	2090126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Torus Assembly.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	2090127  
Old 04-19-2015, 04:03 AM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Larry. Please keep me posted as to when you have the new XL's in stock............

Mark
Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 AM
4ptroll

Mark...will do. Thank You
Old 04-19-2015, 05:14 AM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the website going yet? I am trying to decide on new jet....
thanks
Old 04-19-2015, 05:53 AM
4ptroll

Hi Clavin...the website is currently under construction. But I can send you pictures and specs of the Boomerang line. Send me a PM with your email and I'll get you the information. . Thank You. Larry
Old 04-19-2015, 07:06 AM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry,

It is nice to hear that the boomerang kits are coming back. I would like to have an every day fun flyer.

Carlos
Old 04-19-2015, 08:27 AM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

This is wonderful news. Too bad I already ordered one of the new Ripmax Xcalibur Plus models to fill the void of there being no boomerangs. I learned on the boomerang intro "baby boomerang" and loved it. I am sure I will be ordering a new boomerang sprint though for my P-70 since the jet it is in is getting up there in years. Thanks a lot for working this out and bringing them back. I just hope for all the issues I heard about during the last of the boomerang production are a thing of the past. I think that more than anything led to them going away. Keep us informed of the website.

Jason
Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Jguske
My Feedback: (7)

I was glad to see your post on RCU. I have been checking and re-checking for Boomerang RC.
I would like to inquire about parts as I am in need of a Baby Boomerang fuselage.
Is it the same as the Nano?
John G. GaJets
Old 04-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Pricing will be held at the same price points prior to Patricia closing retiring. Pricing levels are and have been the same since 2012.
Well, good luck with that. IMO the Boomerang range has always been much more expensive than it should have been for film covered ARF Chinese models.
Being sorted, easy flying jets that worked out of the box with little competition & a good reputation people just sucked it up & paid the prices asked.

In Boomerang's absence the Xcaliburs have come along at prices around what people expect to pay for the product & these are as good or better than what
Boomerang Jets were.

Like it or not the market for this type of model has changed. What you charge for the models is your business. If people buy them or not is their business.

John.

Last edited by Boomerang1; 04-20-2015 at 02:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
Well, good luck with that. IMO the Boomerang range has always been much more expensive than it should have been for film covered ARF Chinese models.
Being sorted, easy flying jets that worked out of the box with little competition & a good reputation people just sucked it up & paid the prices asked.

In Boomerang's absence the Xcaliburs have come along at prices around what people expect to pay for the product & these are as good or better than what
Boomerang Jets were.

Like it or not the market for this type of model has changed. What you charge for the models is your business. If people buy them or not is their business.

John.
Hello Boomerang1...thank you for your feedback. I am mindful of the critiques and compliments that I receive from customers. The beauty about bringing back Boomerangs is that now, there is once again choices available to the consumer. Just imagine if we all drove the same car.

As for "Chineese Arfs"..... I don't know of any American or Australian or European Arf's in this category.

Happy Flying,

Larry

PS.... I like your screen name
Old 04-20-2015, 03:29 AM
marc s

Larry,

Might be worth checking the spelling of the thread title too - Boonerang or Boomerang - devil in the detail

All the best.

marcs
Old 04-20-2015, 03:40 AM
4ptroll

Hi Marc... I was wondering how long it would be for someone to mention the typo . As soon as I hit the "submit thread" button I noticed it. I tried to fix it but to no avail. Oh well....I guess that's my first bump up n the road for Boomerang RC Jets.

All the best.....Larry
Old 04-20-2015, 03:50 AM
beagleone

HI Larry, Mike V. from 107th. Congratulation and good luck on your adventure. Will you be at the meeting Thursday night.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

As for "Chineese Arfs"..... I don't know of any American or Australian or European Arf's in this category.
Hi Larry, I'm not sure exactly what you are saying here, if I made a typo I guess auto correct auto corrected it!?

My screen name is just a coincidence, it refers to the Australian WW2 fighter although I do own a Boomerang Intro
which was given to me by a friend.

I did mean good luck with your venture, I'm sure many people will buy them based on previous (good) experiences.

John.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:34 AM
4ptroll

Mike...I will be at the meeting Thursday. See you there.

Boomerang 1...thank you for your blessings. I'm sure the way intro will serve you well for a long time.

Australia is on my bucket list. Perhaps we shall fly together one day.

Happy Flying
Old 04-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Bravo77

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Hi Mark....we will have XL's in stock. Pricing will be held at the same price points prior to Patricia closing retiring. Pricing levels are and have been the same since 2012. Hope this helps.
Happy Flying...

Larry
Nice Larry < I fly a Boomerang Sprint up here in Montreal Canada and it is a great airplane , Congratulations , and I will support you with an order when you get on track
Old 04-20-2015, 10:11 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

The TORUS could benefit from a 4-5" longer nose section... this would avoid the necessity of adding large
amounts of lead up there to balance... hence the model would weigh much less and fly better, esp with smaller turbines...
this should be an easy fix.....
Old 04-20-2015, 10:15 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

see here>>>>> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ification.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.