Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Old 09-01-2015, 05:56 AM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stegl
Not really ! I would class this as very irresponsible flying ! Note at 1:56 time ( and 6:56 and 8:56) in close proximity to full size passenger jet plus flying on other side of the tree line ; out of sight at times........ This is obviously much too close in proximity of a commercial airport and near the arrival flight path. This is what gives our hobby a bad name.
you just judging a video , did you been in floyd Bennett field before? probably not , please enjoy the video and stop looking for batch .
Old 09-01-2015, 06:04 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that airliner can't be more that 1/4-1/2 a mile away gezzz
Old 09-01-2015, 06:21 AM
style fly
My Feedback: (3)

stgle, the video is misleading - at this R/C club we have contact with ATC @ JFK airport and they know we are flying our models. This club has operated safe for many,many years. The airliners are thousands and thousands of yards far away from our flying- We have full scale Port Authority Police helicopters that fly missions with in a few yards to our club and we all get along- our spotters let us aware of any situation. May I ask have you flown at our fantastic club? let me please invite you as my guest so you can first hand experience one of the best north east clubs in the country. I understand your concern from the looks of the video, but its very misleading. Our team of members at this club are the most responsible I've seen. thank you
Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by style fly
stgle, the video is misleading - at this R/C club we have contact with ATC @ JFK airport and they know we are flying our models. This club has operated safe for many,many years. The airliners are thousands and thousands of yards far away from our flying- We have full scale Port Authority Police helicopters that fly missions with in a few yards to our club and we all get along- our spotters let us aware of any situation. May I ask have you flown at our fantastic club? let me please invite you as my guest so you can first hand experience one of the best north east clubs in the country. I understand your concern from the looks of the video, but its very misleading. Our team of members at this club are the most responsible I've seen. thank you
i have heard of the club and though i have never flown there , i know it has been there a long time. As a person that has very little contact with full scale because of my area , they do look alarmingly close . but your right... you only see them through a camera lens.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a great place to fly and the members appear to be doing it right.

2D video always distorts distance perspective especially when you zoom in on a subject as was the case in the video. The full scale jet looked closer than it was and unless your there on the ground in real time you cant throw rocks at these fellas.

Pete
Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK , OK thanks for the explanations fellas ... sorry I guess I did come on strong on the safety issue but I did have safety concerns as an incident could affect us all . Thanks for the safety explanation at your field. Good Luck.

Since this a Boomerang forum , lets get back to it. If that's ok with the rest of the fellas; Thanks

Last edited by stegl; 09-03-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:15 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Well the clock is ticking and the boat is making its way to port. A coiple more weeks and I'll be shipping boxes out to all who have reserved their new Boomerangs.

I hope you guys are ripping up the skies.

Don't forget to take a time out tomorrow, 9/11, and remember all those who've sacrificed for us.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Indydrt
My Feedback: (7)

Yes Awesome thanks ... for the update Larry , Hope all is well up there. Hot and wet here in florida,, we needed the rain though. over 40 flights on the navy scheme élan so far, going strong but looking forward for a new build on Ferrari Red one,, kool beans,, Aw yes,, 911 ,, geez the years are flying bye.. so fast ..seems like yesterday that was !

Last edited by Indydrt; 09-10-2015 at 05:10 PM. Reason: pic
Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 AM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone been able to contact Larry over the phone number listed on his website?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:09 AM
stegl

Have you tried emails...? It's a cell phone number so not sure just what your call response was ?

Last edited by stegl; 09-15-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:16 AM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Left several messages. No answer.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:28 AM
stegl

try texting or emailing him.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:52 PM
4ptroll

Gentlemen....I received a revised ETA on the first Boomerang shipment today. The new (and hopefully final) ETA is October 2nd to the Boston Port..

I am told this is due to bad weather en-route.

It takes a 4 or 5 days from there to arrive at my warehouse. As soon as it arrives I will begin shipping kits and parts to all of you have placed orders to date.

Thank you for your support and patience. Going forward we "should" always have your boomerang needs in stock.

Happy Flying,

Larry
Old 09-30-2015, 04:20 PM
4ptroll

Hi Guys....just an update for everyone who's waiting on their Boomerang. I received word today that we are still scheduled for arrival to the Boston port on Friday October 2nd. I'm told about 4 or 5 days after that for delivery to the warehouse and as soon as we unload the container I will be slapping shipping labels on the boxes and getting your Boomerang to you.

I want to thank everyone who has prepaid for their Boomerang of choice and I am looking forward to serving the Boomerang community for a very long time.

If you were thinking about a Stars and Stripes XL I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next shipment as I have sold out of all of the Stars and Stripes version of the XL. I do have a few of the Tribute Edition XL's left. You can see it on the website at
www.boomerang-rc-jets.com

Happy Boomerang Flying
Larry Roper
Old 09-30-2015, 05:59 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Hi Guys....just an update for everyone who's waiting on their Boomerang. I received word today that we are still scheduled for arrival to the Boston port on Friday October 2nd. I'm told about 4 or 5 days after that for delivery to the warehouse and as soon as we unload the container I will be slapping shipping labels on the boxes and getting your Boomerang to you.

I want to thank everyone who has prepaid for their Boomerang of choice and I am looking forward to serving the Boomerang community for a very long time.

If you were thinking about a Stars and Stripes XL I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next shipment as I have sold out of all of the Stars and Stripes version of the XL. I do have a few of the Tribute Edition XL's left. You can see it on the website at
www.boomerang-rc-jets.com

Happy Boomerang Flying
Larry Roper
Good customer communication Larry. Prevents a lot of misunderstanding and customer frustration. Wish you all the best.

K.O.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:32 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Counting the days............................
Old 10-01-2015, 04:52 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

When are you expecting the Nano to be back? AND... do you have a projected price?
Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
When are you expecting the Nano to be back? AND... do you have a projected price?
I'm planning on having Nanos on the next shipment. About 6 mos out. Kilroy Richardson has a few left in stock from when he bought out Patricia. You might want to contact him if your needing it sooner. I can't put a target price on it just yet. I need to speak with the factory first.

PM me for Kilroy's information.

Larry
Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by trioval00
Counting the days............................
Me too
Old 10-01-2015, 06:14 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have any Elans available in this shipment?
Old 10-01-2015, 07:25 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Do you have any Elans available in this shipment?
I have all 3 colors available. The red and white Navy, the sport and the red Ferrari .
You can view them on the website at
Www.boomerang-rc-jets.com

Larry
Old 10-01-2015, 10:59 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great news Larry Congratulations

Boomerang is Back J
Dear Fellow Turbine Pilots,

I am pleased to announce that the heartache and sadness of knowing that you could no longer get a Boomerang Jet is a thing of the past.

My name is Larry Roper and I have been flying RC for over 25 years. A few years back I got hooked on Turbines after being introduced to them on a Boomerang Sprint.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have all 3 colors available. The red and white Navy, the sport and the red Ferrari .
You can view them on the website at
Www.boomerang-rc-jets.com

Larry
Thank you for your reply, I just wanted to point out that the only information that I can find on the web site is "Add to Wishlist" it doesn't state if any are available, what colors will be available, or when they would be available for shipment to the customer, all things a potential e-commerce customer would like to know.

Not bashing, just trying to point out things that would help the customer experience.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Larry,
What about us guys waiting for Turbinators?? I feel so left out. LOL! Please contact me before you ship mine out. I still might be coming up that way for the Jet rally the following weekend.

Jim
Old 10-01-2015, 01:08 PM
4ptroll

Us Turbinators guys are a "Special Bunch". Don't feel left out but rather part of an Elite group.

I would love for you to come and Join us at the Plum Island Jet Rally. The dates are October 9th through 12th and the address is :
24 Plum Island Turnpike, Newbury, MA

We have tent rentals available for $100 in a 10x20 slot. Let me know if you'd like to reserve a spot as I only have 2 left.

Campers are welcome but there are no hookups. We are also having a pot luck dinner on Saturday night and we will socialize around the fire pit in the evening.

Stripers Inn and Restaurant is minutes away and has rooms available.

Hope to see you there.

Larry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.