Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, it's October 2nd....... Did our ship come in? ok, sorry just getting a little excited......

Mark
Old 10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trioval00
OK, it's October 2nd....... Did our ship come in? ok, sorry just getting a little excited......

Mark
YES the ship has come in to port, FINALLY!!!!

I received word a few hours ago on its arrival. Now we just need to get it to the warehouse, off loaded and inventoried. I'm hoping to be shipping boxes by Wednesday next week.

Stay Tuned,

Larry
Old 10-02-2015, 02:28 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry... Great news, and it seems you will be busy for a little while getting every box ready for shipping.....

What carrier will you be using for shipping? I might give you another addy depending on shipper

Mark
Old 10-02-2015, 02:56 PM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by trioval00
Larry... Great news, and it seems you will be busy for a little while getting every box ready for shipping.....

What carrier will you be using for shipping? I might give you another addy depending on shipper

Mark
UPS and FED Ex are the shippers I am currently set up with. DHL for International orders.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Same old story for me. "my ship has come in", and I'm at the airport, (at work with 27 Boeing 737's). Larry I will give you a call tomorrow. If I can to the jet rally next weekend, I can pick it up there, if you have room to take it up.

Jim
Old 10-03-2015, 02:35 AM
4ptroll

Hi Jim,
Delivering the kit to the Plum Island jet Rally won't be a problem at all. I am delivering about 6 kits to the event currently. The warehouse is only 30 minutes from the vent.

I truly hope you can break away and join us. The weather forecast is starting to look fantastic.

Larry

Originally Posted by Jetdktr
Same old story for me. "my ship has come in", and I'm at the airport, (at work with 27 Boeing 737's). Larry I will give you a call tomorrow. If I can to the jet rally next weekend, I can pick it up there, if you have room to take it up.

Jim
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been pretty quiet lately. Wonder how the new stuff goes together ? Question for Larry . Will the replacement parts like wing tips, stab and enter section all interchange with the other generation Boomerangs , with their respective models ?

Last edited by stegl; 10-28-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:22 PM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by stegl
Been pretty quiet lately. Wonder how the new stuff goes together ? Question for Larry . Will the replacement parts like wing tips, stab and enter section all interchange with the other generation Boomerangs , with their respective models ?
Hi Stegl....thanks for checking in on things. I've been quite busy since the container arrived and I must say everything is going very well. I have received much feedback from the customers who are currently flying and building their new Boomerang Jets. I will start building out an Elan tomorrow

We had a couple of minor issues with the Elan but nothind we couldn't solve.

Issue #1- The aluminum rods for the wings came from the factory undersized by about 4mm. This doesn't sound like much but it did cause for some slop in the booms. We have new rods on the way and they will go out to the customers in need as soon as I receive them. This was not with all of the Elans but just a few.

The second item is the the hinge slots on the flaps are off just a hair and this cause the flaps to not line up perfectly with the fuse and booms. The trailing edge of the flap is off by about 1/8 to 1/4 " The simple fix is to plug the exiting slot and cut a new one. Or as one modeler did he installed pin hinges.

The overall quality is very good and I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with the product.

We have all models in stock except for the Nano. We are also all out of the Stars and Strips XL. We do have a very nice White, blue and Yellow XL in stock.

You can visit my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/BoomerangRCJets1/?fref=ts
and check out the videos I've been posting as well as pictures of the new models.

I did a maiden flight on one of the new Turbinators on Monday and it was a success. What a nice flying jet. We have them in stock also and they are available in 3 colors schemes.

As many of you know Dreamworks RC is a leader in the RC Jet world and we have teamed up with Todd and his colleagues at Dreamworks RC along with Peter Ayache from Altecare. They are both now Boomerang dealers.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. My cell phone is (781) 254-6351.

To the international customers who are looking for Boomerang products please be patient as I am still navigating my way through the processes involved to ship internationally.

I'm already ready looking forwrd to next year and the start of a new flying season with many new boomerangs on the flight lines around the world.

Today I placed the second order for Boomerang XL's in the Stars and Strips along with more Elan and Torus models. We are hoping to get some nano's in that box as well.

Happy Flying

Larry Roper
www.boomerang-rc-jets.com
Old 10-30-2015, 09:04 AM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

My Élan is done! Build went well. Kit was of excellent quality..glue joints perfect. Only had a couple small issues....I have the Ferrari red scheme, and it dobn't come with the correct graphics....no big deal, as I'm finishing mine in an RAF scheme, got a complete set of decals from Callie's graphics for 23.00! She is awesome. Also, there were no pull strings to help thread the servo extensions...no big deal ether, but would be helpful n the future. I found the metal rods were a bit loose n the fuse...wrapped them with " frog tape". ....kind of like masking tape....till the were snug. When I put them through the booms, and into the wing panels, they fit fine. Told Larry I didn't need replacements. I noticed a couple design improvements in the kit. An example is the horizontal stab mount. They add two metal pieces that go down into the vertical stab, and are then through bolted to the stab. Much stronger than the older version. Over all, very impressed with the jet! Only wish it wasn't 35 degrees and trying to snow in northern Mi.! Have to wait till spring to fly it...
Old 10-30-2015, 09:18 AM
stegl

Kim : The other alternative would maybe try heat shrink tubing as you would NOT want the froggy tape to come loose in the inner tubing on a hot day in the summer and not get your wing ends off. I would get the proper wing rods when they come in. JUST ISN'T WORTH THE PROBLEMS that could happen. You got lots of time now.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:38 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry,
I sure am glad to see the old boomer coming back.. the élan is the best all around trainer and daily flyer I have ever had..Mine crashed last year during a motor failure, and is in a full rebuild.. It will be back next year with a new Jets-Munt 140.. can't wait..

Last edited by gooseF22; 11-01-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kim : The other alternative would maybe try heat shrink tubing as you would NOT want the froggy tape to come loose in the inner tubing on a hot day in the summer and not get your wing ends off. I would get the proper wing rods when they come in. JUST ISN'T WORTH THE PROBLEMS that could happen. You got lots of time now.
agree.. there is a clear shrink wrap that is thinner and might work.. I have also used servo tape. just at the boom because the screw tightens up in the wing panel..
Old 11-14-2015, 11:48 AM
stegl

Hi Larry... Don't thin I got a reply on my quite ?

Will the new parts be a bolt in replacement for the older Boomer Sprints and Élans ? Thanks

Top picture is maiden takeoff and bottom picture is maiden landing. Great flyer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	008 final approach for first touchdown.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	2130590   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 First takeoof.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	2130591  

Last edited by stegl; 11-14-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:31 PM
fergusp51

I have one of the new Elans.
The parts from my old one appear to be an exact fit
Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM
stegl

Good to hear. Do's anyone out there have an old and new Sprint, to compare ? Thanks
Old 11-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Boomerang RC Jets

Hi Larry... Don't thin I got a reply on my quite ?

Will the new parts be a bolt in replacement for the older Boomer Sprints and Élans ? Thanks

Top picture is maiden takeoff and bottom picture is maiden landing. Great flyer.
Hi Stegl... I did reply in post #158 but I'll fill you in here.

I received the first order of Boomerangs on October 5th and I've been straight out since then. We had a couple of minor issues with the Elan that have been rectified and overall the quality is very good with all of the kits.

I purposely did not change any of the designs because I wanted all the parts to be interchangeable with the prior editions .

I do have parts in stock but with limited quantities. I have another boat due in from China in March with more kits and parts.

I'm already looking forward to next season and meeting many of the Boomers whom I spoken with or been emailing with.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Larry
Old 11-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Steal, don't see how they could come loose as they are screwed into the fuse, but I'll give some thought. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:59 AM
stegl

Hi Kim
was talking about the tape coming loose from the rod and then getting jammed inside the wing tubing. So when trying to remove the wing tips .... No go. Meaning problems trying to pull them off to disassemble the aircraft. On a hot day the glue on the tape could soften and become unstuck. I wouldn't want to take the chance.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:00 PM
fergusp51

Maidened my new Elan yesterday, flew great , just like my old one.
Thanks Larry
Bill Ferguson
Old 02-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Boomerang RC Jets

Originally Posted by fergusp51
Maidened my new Elan yesterday, flew great , just like my old one.
Thanks Larry
Bill Ferguson
Glad to Hear it Bill. That's one of the great things about a maiden flight on any Boomerang. They are usually uneventful and require very little trimming. It's nice to be able to relax and enjoy the flight without a white knuckle experience.

Happy Flying,

Larry