Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

******* Boomerang is Back ******

Old 04-20-2015, 10:42 AM
DAVAL
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Larry
Congratulation , I am really happy to hear that we again have a Boomerang dealer in the USA. Many fliers here in Wisconsin own 1 or 2 or even 3 on them. One of the most relaxing
& fun Jets I have ever owned. I wish you lots of luck & please contact me when you get a chance. I am looking for a Torus in the Navy shame .
Good Luck
Dave
Old 04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good news! I learned how to fly jets with a boomerang. They are fun jets to fly and they are a very stable platform. I'm glad to see that a new generation of folks will be able to enjoy this airplane.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:40 PM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Originally Posted by DAVAL
Hi Larry
Congratulation , I am really happy to hear that we again have a Boomerang dealer in the USA. Many fliers here in Wisconsin own 1 or 2 or even 3 on them. One of the most relaxing
& fun Jets I have ever owned. I wish you lots of luck & please contact me when you get a chance. I am looking for a Torus in the Navy shame .
Good Luck
Dave
HI Dave.... We have the Torus with both the Navy scheme and the Sport Scheme coming in the first order.

Thanks for the kind words.

All the best

Larry
Old 04-20-2015, 12:40 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4ptroll
Hi Marc... I was wondering how long it would be for someone to mention the typo . As soon as I hit the "submit thread" button I noticed it. I tried to fix it but to no avail. Oh well....I guess that's my first bump up n the road for Boomerang RC Jets.

All the best.....Larry
I can [usually] fix this sort of thing tell me if you want it changed.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:42 PM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Good news! I learned how to fly jets with a boomerang. They are fun jets to fly and they are a very stable platform. I'm glad to see that a new generation of folks will be able to enjoy this airplane.
Hi Andy....with any luck and a lot of hard work Boomerang Jets will be around for a very long time. I see you are from Little Rock. I sold my home in Hot Springs Village and now I regret it. It's a beautiful part of our great nation.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by j.duncker
I can [usually] fix this sort of thing tell me if you want it changed.
I would love to have it corrected.

Please do so if you are able to.

Thank You Vey Much.

Larry
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Speed-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

I will be ordering an Elan. I have been waiting like others for Boomerang to come back. Can you list any changes (improvements) to the Elan airframe. Specifically, will the Dreamworks gear now fit without modification to the airframe?

David
Old 04-20-2015, 05:54 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Boonerang, Boomerang. Potatoe, Potato, doesn't matter, I just want one of the first XL"s when they are shipped............

Mark
Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Yeah! Great flying jets. The only thing I don't like about the design, is that they look like someone cut them off at the trailing edge! Every one I've owned, I've mounted a short exhaust cone, and they look way better! Something to think about.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Same here, Andy. Great news to see Boomerang is back!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and best of luck with the new venture Larry! Always thought this line would come back one day...perhaps the name was a good omen.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and best of luck with the new venture Larry! Always thought this line would come back one day...perhaps the name was a good omen.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Pttcrisp
Banned

Default Boomerang Uk

I was wondering if you are linked to Boomerang Jets in the UK because most of the boomerang jets have been out of stock on his site for quite a while ?
Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by Pttcrisp
I was wondering if you are linked to Boomerang Jets in the UK because most of the boomerang jets have been out of stock on his site for quite a while ?
Hello Pttcrisp...... Boomerang UK and Boomerang RC Jets are separate companies that are not linked in anyway. However, Boomerang USA which Patricia ran and Boomerang UK which is owned by Colin Gontier did have a territorial agreement between them. I fully intend to honor that territorial agreement. I have not met or spoken with Colin and I do not know what his intentions are regarding Boomerang. It may be best to contact him through his website and see if he plans to place an order for Boomerangs.

Happy Flying,

Larry
Old 04-21-2015, 01:35 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by smchale
Thanks Sean....hopefully we will fly together this year.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by trioval00
Boonerang, Boomerang. Potatoe, Potato, doesn't matter, I just want one of the first XL"s when they are shipped............

Mark
Mark.... there is an XL with your name on it.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:41 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by Kim Couturier
Yeah! Great flying jets. The only thing I don't like about the design, is that they look like someone cut them off at the trailing edge! Every one I've owned, I've mounted a short exhaust cone, and they look way better! Something to think about.
Kim....do you have any pictures of your Boomers with the tail cone you mentioned. Maybe it's something that can be incorporated into future models.

I will always be looking to improve the line without taking away from the flying qualities and simplicity that Boomers are so well known for. This addition sounds like it may fit the bill.

Thanks

Larry
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may be the person that was the catalyst for the shake up . I bought a Torus last spring and it was horrible ! I posted a video showing exactly what came out of the box and was meant by conspiracy theorist and other angry people . . I got messages from haters, i got messages from people that agreed with me, i got messages from people with the same issues. After all that i'm still very happy to see them back. I hope that the quality has improved as i want to buy and elan. The Torus " after it was fixed" flew as good as the rest of the fleet and what i have come to expect... Perfect. I sold the Torus as it was to much to deal with because of it's size so i'm looking for a replacement. I almost bought an excalibur ,but i'm glad i waited. You have a nice flying fleet coming and i'm sure you will do well. Good luck to and thanks for the investment of time and money into bringing the boomers back to the U.S. WB_1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	53def878217a0.image.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2090753  
Old 04-21-2015, 02:46 AM
4ptroll

Originally Posted by warbird_1
I may be the person that was the catalyst for the shake up . I bought a Torus last spring and it was horrible ! I posted a video showing exactly what came out of the box and was meant by conspiracy theorist and other angry people . . I got messages from haters, i got messages from people that agreed with me, i got messages from people with the same issues. After all that i'm still very happy to see them back. I hope that the quality has improved as i want to buy and elan. The Torus " after it was fixed" flew as good as the rest of the fleet and what i have come to expect... Perfect. I sold the Torus as it was to much to deal with because of it's size so i'm looking for a replacement. I almost bought an excalibur ,but i'm glad i waited. You have a nice flying fleet coming and i'm sure you will do well. Good luck to and thanks for the investment of time and money into bringing the boomers back to the U.S. WB_1
Hello Warbird 1..... Like yourself I was also a recipient of a bad Torus. Like many I was saddened to see it happen. But I built out my Torus and fixed the issues. Now that the 10 feet of snow we got this year has finally melted I'm looking forward to her maiden.

I'm glad that in the end you were satisfied with your Torus. I can assure you that the quality of the kits will be top notch from here on out.

Happy Flying,

Larry
Old 04-21-2015, 04:58 AM
DAVAL
My Feedback: (6)

Hi Larry
Put my name on a Navy Scheme Torus.
Dave
Old 04-21-2015, 07:35 AM
stegl

This is the best news I have heard yet on the Boomerang line. I have one of the last Boomer Sprints made and yes it had a lot to be desired for quality for the price paid. Won't go into all the details on what I had to do , but finally am in the process of mounting all the internal gear. As this is my first jet, the going was slow as I hope everything is done right first time. One of the things I would like to see on the next run is the centre wing section , removable for transport or repairs.....thanks for all the work to getting the line reintroduced as my plan was for the Élan. Any website in the works for the U.S. and plans for a Canadian dealer? Thanks again
Old 04-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Sent you a private message...I can send pics, but you'll need to email me at [email protected]......
Old 04-21-2015, 12:53 PM
rolsen12

Smile Boomerang is back

This could be considered an order for a new Torus. Mine is (4) years old but still flies as good as the first day. And I wring it out every time I fly it.

Roger Olsen
[email protected]
Old 04-21-2015, 01:02 PM
stegl

have done so. Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 05:30 PM
iceman_2264725
My Feedback: (26)

Glad to hear Boomerang is back. I own two of them an Elan and Xl.I am in need of a set of wings for my xl stars and stripes. When do you think you will be selling parts?
Thanks,
Rick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.