Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

World first: MIL spec transmitters for the hobbyist.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

World first: MIL spec transmitters for the hobbyist.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:22 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default World first: MIL spec transmitters for the hobbyist.

Dear all.

Here is a short introduction article to our new offering: MIL spec transmitters.

These are available as MIL spec or hobby spec with camo scheme. They are specifically made by Weatronic for Ultimate Jets, exclusively available to our USA customers.

The hobby spec with camo scheme are the regular BAT 60 transmitters with new camo colors.
They are coming in:

Green digital camo

Grey digital camo

Sand digital camo

These are mat finish with a unique in-house made rubberized carbon fiber bottom and black anodized aluminum rotating knobs ( not shown on the pictures ).

As a reminder, these transmitters offer some unique features like:

. 96 channels
. Up to 3 receivers configured in parallel for max 62 servo outputs
. A unique ramp system with the possibility to configure the bottom 25% of the throttle ratchet as a proportional spring loaded brake control
. Quadruple redundancy transmitter battery system with the possibility to hot plug a charger during the flight
. Integrated gyros in some receivers ( BAT 60 support coming soon )
. Integrated sequencer ( BAT 60 support coming soon )
. A unique professional grade user manual and programming manual written in-house
. USA support and service

The MIL spec transmitter offer the following upgrades:
. Full aluminum gimbals
. Vibration motor for alerts
. Ground station enabled
. Dual screen configured
. Near eye display enabled

These transmitter will be on display at Joe Nall during the show.

Last edited by olnico; 05-02-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:01 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Weatronic looks the business but the first "Military style finish" not this time I'm afraid but good luck with the new product.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DS-14-Army-2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	785.5 KB
ID:	2093656   Click image for larger version

Name:	JETIDS14USAb-2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	2093657  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-03-2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:26 AM
olnico

We are talking about MIL spec equipment here.
Our digital camo comply with MARPAT Woodland, MARPAT Desert and MARPAT urban.

These are nothing like toy camo.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Mark Vandervelden

"Calm down dear"
Never forget no matter how you dress up our hobby were are all simply "boys with toys" its nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-03-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Model TXs have been used in the military for years and years so there has been "military spec" TXs for as long. Just don't trip up on the facts and you cant be caught out.
This new Weatronic Tx will stand up on its own true merits, simply state its spec, stick to the facts and let the punters make there choice..
First rule of marketing on line is its never a good idea to be disrespectful to the competition, that will only end up turning a positive thread in to a slanging match.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-03-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I messed around with one of the radios at MS JETS I really love the pull down braking feature but sadly the remote is just to big for my hands. Love all the telemetry which is why I have been interested in these radios. If they ever reduce the distance from sticks to the edge or add stick angle adjustment I will give it a try. My 18mz is big as well but lucky for me I can angle the sticks to better fit my hands. I forgot to ask at the event but are all the switches 3 point?
Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 PM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can change the switches to whatever you like be it single throw 2 point or double throw 3 point, my 60 currently is standard with a 2/3 point either side. You can change to long or short lever or locking etc
I find the Bat 60 fine to hold with me being able to gain access to to any control the only ones needing fingers off sticks are the inner rotary ones which I have set one for volume and the remaining one I will use for gyro gain

Alan

Last edited by fireblade5437; 05-03-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:06 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The difference between MIL and Commercial is about a 800% markup worth of paperwork.

:-)
Old 05-03-2015, 05:05 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Not trying to be confrontational....I have a 12X and haven't found a reason to switch to the DX18 or 24X though they are fine radios. Why do I need this one?
Old 05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
Not trying to be confrontational....I have a 12X and haven't found a reason to switch to the DX18 or 24X though they are fine radios. Why do I need this one?
The quick answer IMO would be more channels(no matchboxes, more flexibility) and telemetry which initially may seem like a novelty or a feature you've been fine without so why would you need it now? You don't but it could give you a second or two more time to react to a flameout condition(especially at a busy event with six jets in the air), low voltage, low fuel etc..
Old 05-03-2015, 07:01 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by FalconWings
The difference between MIL and Commercial is about a 800% markup worth of paperwork.

:-)
There is certainly lots of procedure involved in demonstrating capabilities. Certification cost is a factor.
The MIL spec version has a surge protection circuitry on the power supply system that is not found on the hobby grade model and lots of option to integrate in MIL systems.
But all in all both radio are very close together, especially they use the same RF link.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:16 PM
olnico

Increased range and RF link jamming resistance.
Dual RF link is the norm on this radio. All receivers are architectured as a parallel system with 2 RF stage permanently enabled ( except for the smallest rx of the range which is dedicated to foamies )
Transmitter electrical endurance doubled.
96 channels
Possibility to connect 3 receivers in parallel on one transmitter without wire connection. Each receiver can be put in one part of the plane.
Throttle/ brake ramp that offers a regular ratchet on top 2/3 of the stick travel and a spring loaded proportional action for the brakes on the bottom 1/3rd of the travel.
Built in gear sequencer
Receivers have built in gyros as an option
Ease of programming
Old 05-03-2015, 07:51 PM
roger.alli

A good question, which I am having difficulty answering myself. I probably don't need this Tx, (my 12x/ DV4 combo does everything I need), but I do WANT one.

"Needs" and "wants" are two different things.

No doubt I will eventually succumb and purchase one. (As soon as my peer group or the marketers convince me that my wants, are actually needs.)

(Sales 101)

Roger
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 PM
fireblade5437

Hi Roger

Was easy decision for myself, yes I have DV4 on my MX24 and as you say it does everything but a least I don't have to sit under the magnifying lamp for hours making patch leads!
Seriously i did not know whether to have one or not but seeing the advantages of being able to do everything without the PC, redundant battery system and having the loudspeaker for announcements. Also for having a secure double RF link (same as DV4) look at cost saving over the so called competition!
Conducted my first range test at the field on Saturday and it's so much easier to get into low power test mode than the DV modules and as usual got tired walking away whilst testing and headed back to pits.
Colour screen great for setting up but in bright conditions same as any LCD it is more difficult to see but again how many times do you look at a screen whilst flying? Perfectly ok for this to time out and save battery!
The only thing I want Weatronic to do is up the voice level compared to the beeps as it's still similar to the DV...

Alan

Last edited by fireblade5437; 05-03-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:10 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by fireblade5437
Hi Roger

The only thing I want Weatronic to do is up the voice level compared to the beeps as it's still similar to the DV...

Alan
Hi Alan.
This is possible by changing the voice offset parameter.
Check page on page 50 of my programming guide.

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...0rev%203.1.pdf
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 AM
fireblade5437

Thanks Oli did not notice that one! Will give it a try when home..

Alan
Old 05-04-2015, 04:14 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, as a former DOD and DOT contracting official, please identify the MIL SPECS or MIL Standards your radio complies with. Otherwise saying it's mil spec is just a meaningless marketing statement.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:28 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Oli,

As you are advertising these transmitters as MIL SPEC, and specifically modified for military purposes, I assume that you are fully compliant with both ITAR and EAR and have TAA's and export licenses in place for any potential non-US customer.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...EAR-compliance

Paul
Old 05-04-2015, 08:51 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Oli,

As you are advertising these transmitters as MIL SPEC, and specifically modified for military purposes, I assume that you are fully compliant with both ITAR and EAR and have TAA's and export licenses in place for any potential non-US customer.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...EAR-compliance

Paul
Paul, this material is manufactured in Germany and imported to the USA.
We do not need to comply to ITAR or EAR to sell this to our institutional customers in the middle-East and Asia.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Just curious, as a former DOD and DOT contracting official, please identify the MIL SPECS or MIL Standards your radio complies with. Otherwise saying it's mil spec is just a meaningless marketing statement.
MIL-STD 461F
MIL-STD 810G, TM 501.5/ 502.5/ 505.5/ 507.5/ 509.5/ 510.5/
Plus resistance to lightning surge in progress.

Last edited by olnico; 05-09-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:37 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
MIL-STD 461E
MIL-STD 810G, TM 501.5/ 502.5/ 505.5/ 507.5/ 509.5/ 510.5/
Plus resistance to lightning surge in progress.
Thank you