Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet show or not a jet show ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet show or not a jet show ?

Old 05-09-2015, 03:15 PM
bonehead2434
My Feedback: (179)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet show or not a jet show ?

SOMETHING needs to be said here today and I normally stay out of these threads but this time it just rubbed me the wrong way and i dont mean any harm to anyone but see what you think ,,, Ive got so many friends in the jet word community and i heard yesterday that my club is hosting an event for the first time with a friend of mine and I was excited and telling everyone about it then the more I found out about it the more disappointing the news ,, For the first time a jet event that excludes turbine powered jets ,,,I will say this all included on both sides of this are friends of mine very good friends,,if you know me there is no question about my intentions . This saddens me but it is time to say something now ,,,,electric jet event that only electric can participate ,,,OK as long as ive been flying i know for a fact turbine came first and is in my mind still the way to go I like the smell of it the extreme power and ive dabbled in electric but im still waiting for the right one to get my attention so im not against electric powered jets at all ! BUT here is the catch i was there Bob when you showed up in kentucky all those years ago and you were the only one with electric powered jet I stood with you man and today i think youve made a unclear decision to ban turbine power at your event in my backyard and in my own club its kind of a slap in the face ,,from you and my club members for allowing it ,I cannot support this event anymore and i wish you could of kept that in Cincinnati where it doesn't matter to me so much . events have always allowed electric powered planes and has never been a problem other than waiting to see how far jet powered jet has come since the first time i seen you fly Bob and i think electric owes you alot for doing that . That bein said what your doing wrong is stopping the owner of the field and the president of the club and members and friends of yours who has been with you all these years from flying and bringing money to your event (that just dont make since ) I cant believe it was approved AND I knew i would stopped you if could way back i just cant believe my ears when i heard this ,,,Bob your still my friend and I make mistakes every day and if I banned electric from a event i was having I know you would be doing this same thing !
Old 05-09-2015, 04:29 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That sounds more like an electric fun fly than a jet event (rally)..I hope your not saying your club has some of those bad politics going around, just a few people making all the calls, instead of a club consensus.

Last edited by raron455; 05-11-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
speed is life

Is this a late April Fools thread?

From the body of Bonehead's largeish, semi punctuated paragraph:
[QUOTE] ."....... For the first time a jet event that excludes turbine powered jets...." [QUOTE]

Sorry Mr. B. Head, where have you been for the last 6 or 7 years? Never heard of "E-Jets" or the prior years "EDF Jet Jam"?
These are jet events "Electric Ducted Fan" jet events.

You are speaking of your particular club as a "first time...excludes turbine".

Please don't keep this as an anonymous rant about a nameless "Club" or "Event" or Location" or even CD; correct me if Im mistaken, my guess is that you are speaking of the "EDF Jet Jam" hosted by the Ohio River View R/C Flyers club in Elizabeth, Indiana? This isn't even a small "local" fun fly,it's verifiably a nationally and internationally attended meet.

Im saddened if this is a preview of the "Club Politics" that the EDF Jet Jam participants (myself included) have to look forward to.........sickening.

Best Regards,
Mike Warren

CC: Bob B

Last edited by speed is life; 05-09-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
bonehead2434

hey mike ,,,you guys host it in Redstone, CO,,,, dont want it here anymore
Old 05-09-2015, 06:38 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, someone didn't get enough sleep last night
Old 05-09-2015, 07:09 PM
jetflyr

Originally Posted by bonehead2434
hey mike ,,,you guys host it in Redstone, CO,,,, dont want it here anymore
So NOW the truth comes out! PLEASE keep your club politics/feelings local. Many enjoy electric jets, which is why this event is known as one of the best, and attracts international attention.
You come across as a turbine snob in your post- which is all we need, MORE disencion in our small community.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Mike the club is giving me full support for EDFJet Jam. In fact a number of members have bought their first edf to participate in the event. Jerry, I was under the impression you were going to organize a jet rally for 2015. You have that opportunity and I will support your efforts. I'll be at the club meeting Tuesday we could discuss putting on a Jet rally. Or you can contact me by phone, my number is on the club roster.
regards,
bob
Old 05-10-2015, 04:11 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

so what we have a cub contest and no other planes allowed>>> big deal you poor babies
Old 05-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jetflyr
You come across as a turbine snob in your post- which is all we need, MORE disencion in our small community.
BINGO!

So what if they want an all EDF event.. all the power to them
Old 05-10-2015, 06:02 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster
BINGO!

So what if they want an all EDF event.. all the power to them
Humm didn't I see a sweet large EDF transport jet on the front cover of Florida Jets this year? I have been to a few turbine jet events and there has always been one or two large EDF jets. But I guess this don't work both ways?

I have been to EJETS in Ohio, and I love seeing new edf technology,
Old 05-10-2015, 06:26 AM
[email protected]

why cant a contest be held for one type plane and no others just get what theygot and join them>>
Old 05-10-2015, 07:11 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, if we are gonna get technical,,wikepidia, and Mr. WEBSTER define JET as an aircraft powered by one or more jet engines. Now define jet engine, very clear, this is not to start a pissing contest, just to clarify, what the definition of a jet is. Been to many jet rallys, and edf planes are always welcome,even seen awards for edf planes at jet rally. Now to have a jet rally but prevent actual turbine jets from playing may not seem nice personally but its your club, they can take hair dryers and put them in roller skates if they want.. personally i have flown my ultra flash with buddies foam f86/viperjet and foam a10, we have fun..

Last edited by raron455; 05-11-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:32 AM
[email protected]

you poor little misunderstood jet men
Old 05-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Bob_B

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

To help clarify over half of the participants are fairly new to the hobby or in particular Electric Jets. These pilots are looking for an event to gain experience and knowledge. If this was just a "Jet Rally" many would simply not attend. Other attendees have zero interest in turbines.
There are plenty of dates available for any club member to hold a jet rally and if they choose to limit it to turbines I'll respect that decision but I'll still be there to support them.
Thanks
Bob
Old 05-10-2015, 08:01 AM
[email protected]

poor poor turbine flyers
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 AM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

I fly turbines as well and I have a few EDF's. What is the gripe about them hosting a EDF event other than the fact that it doesn't sit well with you and what you have. Grow up. I don't care what anyone else flies as long as they are enjoying the hobby. That is what it is suppose to be about and not all this one up everybody crap. So what, you fly turbines and like the smell. Maybe you're mad because it's not all about you and what you want. There are lots of other jet guys I promise you feel the same way I do. I also love the threads with "I normally don't say anything, but...". Just be happy someone is putting on an event and it sounds like is willing to work with you on a turbine event as long as you don't burn all the bridges.

Jason
Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
speed is life

Originally Posted by raron455
Well, if we are gonna get technical,,wikepidia, and Mr. WEBSTER define JET as an aircraft powered by one or more jet engines. Now define jet engine, very clear, this is not to start a pissing contest, just to clarify, what the definition of a jet is. Been to many jet rallys, and edf planes are always welcome,even seen awards for edf planes at jet rally. Now to have a jet rally but prevent actual jets from playin is not nice personally i dont agrree with it but its your club, they can take hair dryers and put them in roller skates if they want.. personally i have flown my ultra flash with buddies foam f86/viperjet and foam a10, we have fun..
"Technicalities" aside.......then back in the heyday of Nitro Ducted Fan, what did you call those? Surely by your definition any BVM Maverick or Viper, CenturyJet Starfire, various JHH models running Nitro in a piston engine ducted fan were NOT jets?
.......and they were in fairly common use BEFORE even the Sophia turbine came along......so?

sounds like you guys would want to crash a 3D event with your CARF Flash because you can't stand "exclusion"......sheesh. Or maybe Kentucky Jets needs to allow WWII scale so that those guys don't feel excluded.
- Mike
Old 05-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

I phoned Bob a very days ago offering to help with his event & inquiring about turbine flying.
He advise that all was well & turbine flying would not be permitted except he had invited Lewis to perform a noon demo.
My motive was to return a favor that Bob did by preparing a very professional Program with little notice, on time & at a more than competitive price for the Jet World Master held at the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.
Anyway, in recent years, we have not only allowed but supported & encouraged electrics at Jet shows so I surely hope this will continue to be the policy.
However, it probably should be noted that it is certainly the CDs prerogative to exclude whatever type of aircraft not in keeping with his objectives.
I have flown at the ORVRCF a few times & find it an outstanding venue.
Also hope to be part of a jet show there in the near future...probably would exclude "hair dryers on roller skates"....now that's funny ! ! !
Old 05-10-2015, 11:27 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

All the world is a stage ---DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
Old 05-10-2015, 01:21 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the idea of having one turbine powered jet for 1/2 time show, may expose some to something new, I think no one likes to feel excluded
Old 05-10-2015, 01:37 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

I don't see the fuss.

It's an electric jet event, bring an electric jet and have fun, most turbine guys have one or more EDFs.

Of course, I had a guy pitch a screaming fit because he couldn't fly a Stik at a war bird event.....
Old 05-10-2015, 02:11 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

They had a WW1 plane event at my field a month ago and I would never get upset and cry about it because I cant fly that weekend. Also EDFs are not easy to fly at turbine events. You cant hear very well the pattern gets bigger and your batteries run out faster trying to hang with the turbines. I loved going to Ejets back in the day with my electric birds when I had them. It helped get me to where I am now.

Is it really that big of a deal for you not to fly at that field for one weekend?
Old 05-10-2015, 02:35 PM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

EDFs fit under the umbrella of a jet show, but turbines do not fit under the umbrella of an EDF show. The point of the show would be lost with turbines flying there. Too bad it is too far for me to come fly my little foamy F-16.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
bonehead2434

I told you guys i love flyin with ya ,,everyone knows knows that ,, I was excited to see my friends come near me and to my home field now there is lines that many of you have drawn ,,,,,,,I never drew a line between us thats what im saying
Old 05-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Wow! You kind of suck as a "friend" so to speak. If you got an issue, talk to him. He list his info on his flyers. Putting your drama out on the forums is just weak.

The club owner and pres would love a turbine event there, but there is nobody to put in the work. Bob offered what he likes to do (EDF) and they were happy to have someone just put some effort in.

If it makes you unhappy, run your own jet event minus the EDFs. I bet you don't put in the work though.

Last edited by Joe Westrich; 05-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.