Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet show or not a jet show ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet show or not a jet show ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, everyone bring their Ugly Sticks to the next scale meet!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:56 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have removed some posts that were personal attacks.

I will leave the thread open as many of the posts are constructive and the topic has merit.

BUT KEEP IT POLITE PLEASE
Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
at my club we dont allow turbines>> so thats not a big deal we got 50 members and dont want to loose the field in case of a fire from a crash>>if you men who fly turbines think your so good get a field for youeself>>
So they guy that made this thread was from one extreme and you are on the exact opposite side of that extreme. My club went through a phase where they wanted to ban turbines. We have all that behind us now but funny part is we have had allot of lipo fires since that. Their is always a fire risk with anything we fly. The key is being prepared. We have a gator cart with 4 water fire extinguishers and rakes along with regular fire extinguishers all over the club.

Banning anything is never a good thing and not necessary.

Last edited by gunradd; 05-12-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy are you correct Baracudda. A first aid kit, a quick 911 call and some help saved the life of one of our club members recently. Big gasser... an errant hand and forearm... woops. I have a really nice first aid kit in my boat and not one in mt RC field kit. You've reminded me I need to put some more money where the mouth is and put a good one that can do something worthwhile in my field kit.

Originally Posted by Taildragger
OK, everyone bring their Ugly Sticks to the next scale meet!
But it's got scale decals!! Honest!!

Last edited by Eddie P; 05-12-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
So they guy that made this thread was from one extreme and you are on the exact opposite side of that extreme. My club went through a phase where they wanted to ban turbines. We have all that behind us now but funny part is we have had allot of lipo fires since that. Their is always a fire risk with anything we fly. The key is being prepared. We have a gator cart with 4 water fire extinguishers and rakes along with regular fire extinguishers all over the club.

Banning anything is never a good thing and not necessary.

Exactly, I can deal with you wanting an EDF event only, but I don’t think most understand how hard it is to find a place to fly Turbines.

I’m in the Army (AGR) which means I get to work wear ever there are reserve sites, so I got a call 2 months back saying you have been in Columbus OH way to long and its time to move.
Your chooses, Fort McCoy WI, Fort Rally KS, Fort Lenordwood MO, or Rock Island IL.

Out of all these crapy locations, only Rock Island IL had a flying felid within 30min away that permitted turbine flight, while the other options didn't have a turbine site within 2 hours away.

So lets be more understanding
Old 05-12-2015, 12:53 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

I'm spoiled, there's a dozen feilds within less than an hour drive and probably 20+ that are within 2 hours, probably half or so are ok for turbines, including my home field 15 minutes from the house.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:41 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

your club schould vote on what it wants then do it soory about the rest>>>
Old 05-13-2015, 08:01 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I'm spoiled, there's a dozen feilds within less than an hour drive and probably 20+ that are within 2 hours, probably half or so are ok for turbines, including my home field 15 minutes from the house.
We have 9 flying fields in Cook County IL. If you want to take a car ride across the county you can drive past one every ten minutes
Old 05-13-2015, 08:16 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

all clubs can make there own rule so dont be a cry baby and try to get another club to change there mind
Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 AM
jetflyr

Ya know - this has gotten ridiculous! The title of the event is: EDF Jet Jam 2015. If you can read, there is no doubt about the content and extent of what is expected at this event. Please read about what you are commenting on!
Greg
Old 05-13-2015, 09:08 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jetflyr
Ya know - this has gotten ridiculous! The title of the event is: EDF Jet Jam 2015. If you can read, there is no doubt about the content and extent of what is expected at this event. Please read about what you are commenting on!
Greg
Right on Greg, Its like reading is a LOST art

Semper Fi
Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

This is a great flying feild. Also turbine friendly. There are no issues here. We are just having a EDF meet.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM
speed is life

Cool

Originally Posted by junkjet
This is a great flying feild. Also turbine friendly. There are no issues here. We are just having a EDF meet.
I'm told it is a great field for jets, I will see for myself in 2 weeks!........apparently only used by turbine guys that can land and stop in 800'
- Mike

Last edited by speed is life; 05-13-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:59 PM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Seems like our runway is larger than 800. You will love the field. It will be worth your trip. Bill has built a world class venue.