Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat USA new price list!!👍

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat USA new price list!!👍

Old 05-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jgracco
King tech compared to Jet Cat...lets see .. how about Hyundai compared with a Mercedes... Sure they both have four wheels. One is made in Germany and the other is made in Taiwan.. I have driven both and wow Hyundai even has a great maintenance program but i would never compare one to the other. Oh and if you express an unfavorable opinion about jetcat you don't have a short tempered nut ripping you a new one...
I guess I'm confused; what's the point you're trying to make?

Also, both the Hyundai and the Mercedes do nothing more than get you from point A to point B.....
Old 05-30-2015, 07:23 PM
jgracco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to be kidding...

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I guess I'm confused; what's the point you're trying to make?

Also, both the Hyundai and the Mercedes do nothing more than get you from point A to point B.....
Old 05-30-2015, 08:20 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

King tech compared to Jet Cat...lets see .. how about Hyundai compared with a Mercedes... Sure they both have four wheels. One is made in Germany and the other is made in Taiwan.. I have driven both and wow Hyundai even has a great maintenance program but i would never compare one to the other. Oh and if you express an unfavorable opinion about jetcat you don't have a short tempered nut ripping you a new one...
Hi Jgracco,

If I am not mistaking, I believe our first encounter here on RCU was in a thread concerning a KT user wanting to buy parts for his crashed engine. After months had passed and revisited that thread, I do find my post sounded a little - avoidable, but in my defense, much of the discussions were, I thought completed through emails, then he decided to go online. Nevertheless, in the end, he understood where we were coming from and appreciated what we were able to do to help him get back flying. I understand If you thought my initial responses were a bit out of line and somehow offended by it, for that, my apologies. However, for your analogy to the two brands I decline to comment, at least with the due respect to this thread. Meanwhile, we wish JetCat well with their new pricing.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-30-2015, 08:43 PM
jgracco

Barry,

I spoke to the person you are talking about and more recently noted how you conducted yourself with your former customer over a water damaged ECU. I have seen enough to say that I would not do business with King Tech.

John

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Hi Jgracco,

If I am not mistaking, I believe our first encounter here on RCU was in a thread concerning a KT user wanting to buy parts for his crashed engine. After months had passed and revisited that thread, I do find my post sounded a little - avoidable, but in my defense, much of the discussions were, I thought completed through emails, then he decided to go online. Nevertheless, in the end, he understood where we were coming from and appreciated what we were able to do to help him get back flying. I understand If you thought my initial responses were a bit out of line and somehow offended by it, for that, my apologies. However, for your analogy to the two brands I decline to comment, at least with the due respect to this thread. Meanwhile, we wish JetCat well with their new pricing.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-30-2015, 09:13 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry,

I spoke to the person you are talking about and more recently noted how you conducted yourself with your former customer over a water damaged ECU. I have seen enough to say that I would not do business with King Tech.

John
John, your earlier comparison (Hyundai vs. Mercedes) doesn't seem to hold water (my 20 plus years experience with German cars is that they're maintenance pigs). Given this new information you seem to have an axe to grind, though I could be mistaken. If a turbine starts reliably, runs reliably, is durable, has good fuel burn and is light I'm not sure what more you could want. Given all the data I have gathered (I've owned 2 Jetcats, and they were great), I will be buying a Kingtech K210 for my F-22 because the Jetcat motor (P200) is ONE THOUSAND MORE DOLLARS (new prices!). Like you, I also have a story about a friend with his P160 that sways me away from JC. Thats not why I'm buying KT, though the episode gives me pause.

I don't blame JC for charging what they could, because capitalism. Now there is a new paradigm JC and anyone else needs to step up with a great product at a great price. If you think you can hold out for a premium, even as JC has with the new prices, go for it. JC was clearly losing market share which is why they needed to change their pricing structure. With their new prices they still think their product commands a premium, time will tell. I do not believe it does but others, such as yourself, do. We will see. Petty comparisons to justify one's purchases are not useful here, but buy what you like and fly it......the results should speak for themselves.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:55 PM
marquisvns

Barry,

John
John, since you brought up the water damaged ECU, the engine has already since then changed hands and the new owner brought it in for service. Upon opening the can, there were clear evidence that the engine was in a fire, which was consistent to the cables brought in by the new owner. As expected, that the front board and RPM board were all in the same condition as the ECU. We were able to concur with DW that the burner plug was out, but as expected, there were much more than just the plug. After the work was done, the new owner is happy, bought some oil and ready to run it himself, and we did what we said we would, to honor full warranty for the engine.

John, my post #28 was not intended to win your business, but to express regret how sometimes things unfold. However, I still believe it's wrong for the owner to mislead and withhold information on a damaged engine when brought in for service.

I respectfully yield back to the original title of the thread.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Jgwright

King tech compared to Jet Cat...lets see .. how about Hyundai compared with a Mercedes... Sure they both have four wheels. One is made in Germany and the other is made in Taiwan.. I have driven both and wow Hyundai even has a great maintenance program but i would never compare one to the other. .
I thought that Hyundai were made in South Korea (and in Alabama USA) and have been taking many world awards for design and quality. Not quite sure what your point is exactly.

John

Last edited by Jgwright; 05-31-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:53 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Barry,

John
I bought some gear from the person with the water damaged ECU... and I can tell you that said person is very dishonest and not to be trusted. (Anthony, 3DTRYER on RCG) is an outright Liar!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:02 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Barry,

John
Sounds like a blessing for Barry and Dirk.....
Old 05-31-2015, 06:16 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Sounds like a blessing for Barry and Dirk.....

Where's the like button? LOL

We have to realize that we are an uber niche hobby, with incredibly small demand. We may never get the customer service, product development or quality that other industries receive. Look at Darrel and his retracts, he would NEVER make it in another industry, instead, we're all groveling at his feet for the mighty return phone call and hope that he can fix our landing gear. No one can contest the fact that Kingtech has been wonderful for the jet crowd. It's bringing competition to the market and making everyone sharpen up. All of this equates to better cheaper toys for us to play with :-)
Old 05-31-2015, 06:56 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Water damage, I put my Carf Rookie into the lake, dried everything out sent to JetCat to be sure. No issues was flying it next month
Old 05-31-2015, 07:07 AM
jgracco

Bob,

One of the beauties of capitalism and a world marketplace is choice. I would not sit here and tell anyone to buy or not to buy a particular brand of motor unless asked but this is an open forum and it is intended for all of us to express our opinions. I could have used another analogy or another manufacturer so where it gets granular then change the names to something that works. If you like KT then fine and if you like JC then that is fine too but where you have the higher cost manufacturer changing their business model to lower their costs well I personally think that you will see a shift. Why? Price… Price is a major show changer in a lot of people’s book. I like JC because of German engineering. I don’t care what it costs. That’s me. The question to ask people is if JC and KT were priced within pennies of each other and they both offered the same warranty, which would you buy? I don't much care whether either or both of the other people in question were lying or not. It is not relevant in my book. I get plenty of liars in my line of work trying to pull things for far more costly than a few dollars on the cost of a handful of parts or even the cost of an entire motor but as a decision maker I have to posture myself carefully otherwise I would not be in business. I commented on how KT has conducted themselves in matters on these boards and decided based on comments made that I would not deal with them. With JC cost coming down there is no persuasion for me to even think about changing my mind.

John

Originally Posted by sideshow
John, your earlier comparison (Hyundai vs. Mercedes) doesn't seem to hold water (my 20 plus years experience with German cars is that they're maintenance pigs). Given this new information you seem to have an axe to grind, though I could be mistaken. If a turbine starts reliably, runs reliably, is durable, has good fuel burn and is light I'm not sure what more you could want. Given all the data I have gathered (I've owned 2 Jetcats, and they were great), I will be buying a Kingtech K210 for my F-22 because the Jetcat motor (P200) is ONE THOUSAND MORE DOLLARS (new prices!). Like you, I also have a story about a friend with his P160 that sways me away from JC. Thats not why I'm buying KT, though the episode gives me pause.

I don't blame JC for charging what they could, because capitalism. Now there is a new paradigm JC and anyone else needs to step up with a great product at a great price. If you think you can hold out for a premium, even as JC has with the new prices, go for it. JC was clearly losing market share which is why they needed to change their pricing structure. With their new prices they still think their product commands a premium, time will tell. I do not believe it does but others, such as yourself, do. We will see. Petty comparisons to justify one's purchases are not useful here, but buy what you like and fly it......the results should speak for themselves.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:26 PM
RCJetBazz

Bob,

One of the beauties of capitalism and a world marketplace is choice...
John
So true!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:43 PM
josecilurzo

Agree!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:59 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

JetCat, Jet Cental and KingTech are all good engines, the fact is that a certain percentage of all the good motors fail no matter who you buy it from. What sets Jet Cat apart from the others in my opinion is the ECU. The JetCat version 10 ECU has the ability to adjust the ramping based on the barometric pressure and outside air temp. This came directly from JetCats being used in the military drone application where there launched at ground level and flown to much higher altitudes than we fly our models at. The benefit to the modeler is the ability for us to have a motor that you can get max performance without having to go in and manually set the ramping. You also will always know based on atmospheric conditions the level of performance you can expect from the engine. This stuff really works and along with the bus system of the version 10 ECU engines are faster to respond and if trouble should arise it is now much easier to diagnose the cause of a shut down because of the expanded trouble codes that point to the cause of the shut down. Jetcat software is updated several times a year and the ECU is very easy to flash in the field. JetCat ECUs are designed and developed in house, a practice that gives JetCat the ability to make constant improvements and pass that to the end user in short time. To some of you this does not mean much, you just want the motor to start and run well, for others they understand the value of a technical product and what it took to make that happen and how JetCat strives to be cutting edge. The new pricing is definitely aimed at competition and with the promise of 15 day turnaround on repairs its helping to remind people who led the way in the autostart model turbine engine market.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
josecilurzo

I love Jetcat!!! , we have 11 on hangar, we have had 6 flameouts in the last 11 years and around 2000 or more flights, after 400 hrs JC turbines run time, we always had amazing support by Jetcat Brazil ( no more than 5 ~ 8 work days to the engines back from service ), but, now we bought an Kingtech 210, that needs change the fuel pump, and, the support in Brazil too, was amazing as JC!!
i contacted last month John ( JC ) and Barry ( KT ), confrats for both!!! Great guys, fast support and answered my mails in 2 days!!!
Now we will try the KT too.
well i heard some noise that Kingtech factory was sold!!! Does anyone have news about??

jose
Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM
marquisvns

Hi Jose, KingTech factory moved to a newer and bigger location almost two years ago, and there hasn't been any change in the structure of owners. May I suggest to focus on the discussions in this thread pertaining to the title, any KingTech related questions, please feel free to contact me instead.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 06-01-2015, 01:43 AM
BobbyMcGee

Originally Posted by AV8ATOR
I wonder if that also means that Behotec Turbines will also go down in price.
And I'm wondering if this also means that a Gulfstream 550 and a Learjet 75 will go down in price as well.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:08 AM
josecilurzo

Good song!! And, hope KT continues foerward!!
Barry i asked here, because i saw you above on thread...sorry for any inconvenience.
hope fly our nib KT210 soon!!!

Jose
Old 06-08-2015, 05:50 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Do you guys know how to connect the mini gsu to a v6 ecu? I stupidly bought one and now I have no idea on how to connect it to my v6 ecu...
You will need the mini SU interface. From that you add your V6 cable the interface into the phone jack the same as you would to the hand-held GSU and the ribbon cable between the interface and the Mini GSU.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:22 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually you need to get your facts correct Mercedes Benz builds four models here in USA and about to add the fifth model and Hyundai is also being built here-all here in the GREAT SOUTH and not in Hicksville NY(I wonder how they got their name). If your going to make a comparison it would be more effective to have some truth in your statements or do you like to lie that much?
Old 07-17-2015, 04:47 AM
jgracco

It was an analogy Jim.. now go buy something from hobby king so you can go and complain about it...