Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help with Sierra Scale Retracts Company

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help with Sierra Scale Retracts Company

Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 PM
spaceman 01
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to all, I see that Darrel has made a lot of people unhappy and also has not returned their owned products.
Is this legal for him to hold our product for six months and not to respond with phone or email for more than 2 months?
It is my property that he is retaining , so maybe I can contact my insurance company or his local police department and report it as theft from him . The value of my retract from ADjets are around $2,500.00 if I have to replace them.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:16 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told that he is out of business.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:09 AM
F86_SABRE

What a great pity...his stuff was good. I see his website is still up.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:24 AM
spaceman 01

If he is out of business , he should send back our products.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Totally not true!!!

He had a booth at the Toledo R/C Expo this year and had plenty of business..

The retract side of his business isn't his Money maker..

I usually have the best luck of reaching him first thing in the morning or during lunch hour..

Last edited by Greg Wright; 05-24-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:47 AM
spaceman 01

I saw him at Toledo and he promised me the same thing for the past six months . "I am sending your retracts tomorrow " . Since I did not receive them tomorrow or the next week and the next month , also he does not respond to phone calls or emails after the Toledo.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:53 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceman 01
Hello to all, I see that Darrel has made a lot of people unhappy and also has not returned their owned products.
Is this legal for him to hold our product for six months and not to respond with phone or email for more than 2 months?
It is my property that he is retaining , so maybe I can contact my insurance company or his local police department and report it as theft from him . The value of my retract from ADjets are around $2,500.00 if I have to replace them.
Not defending him in the slightest here but, I doubt this constitutes a theft. After all, you did send him your retracts, he did not steal them. It is a horrible business practice though. I can't understand why he operates a booth at Toledo every year in order to get new customers and then treat them like crap?

Mike
Old 05-25-2015, 06:28 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I highly doubt he has any negative intent. This is just someone who flat out doesn't get business. Probably a poor manager, and just happens to make a desirable product, but doesn't take the time to figure out a workflow that can provide any measure of customer service. Too bad, if he could see that the market is there, maybe he could hire someone to handle the organization and free up time for him make more landing gear!
Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wright
Totally not true!!!

I usually have the best luck of reaching him first thing in the morning or during lunch hour..
Which side of his business is the money maker?

I tried to call during those this you recommended but still have no luck in reaching him.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I highly doubt he has any negative intent. This is just someone who flat out doesn't get business. Probably a poor manager, and just happens to make a desirable product, but doesn't take the time to figure out a workflow that can provide any measure of customer service. Too bad, if he could see that the market is there, maybe he could hire someone to handle the organization and free up time for him make more landing gear!
Earlier this year (Feb) when I called someone by the name of Tim or Todd would answer so it seems he had someone working for him. He confirmed receipt of my retract units. What gets me is Darrell told me in Feb they'll be ready to ship in a few days and in March he would send them the next day. Clearly not a man of his word.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:31 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wright
Totally not true!!!

I dont care what his "money maker" is. He obviously "makes money" from selling retracts, so they obviously are a "money maker" for him.

If he cant run his business and do things when he says he can, then he needs to learn what the word No means and start using it.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 PM
jerrybern

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Whom would be your source Sir?
Old 05-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Shaun Evans

Wow,

I've always heard he was a nice guy and his gear are very nice, but I emailed and emailed and left VM... all to no answer. I don't care who someone is or how good their stuff is. If that's how you deal with my inquiries, then you can go kick rocks.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:14 PM
spaceman 01

Hello to all,
I just received my gear back after six months with out even opening the box that I sent him.
In the begging that we were communicating he was telling me that he was on the final step of finishing them, but he did not even look at them or do anything . BIG LIER! I lost six month wating for this gay to do nothing . No business for this person.
thank you all for sharing your comments .