Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 06:16 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roger.alli

Disco has a different opinion of the world than most other people. That is all.
Yes.. I think that forums are a place wich people over-dramatize things up,, in the real world this makes absolutely no sense, But the aggravation here is real!

Hope everybody that got pissed off for whatever reason simply forget this thread and have a nice flight next sunday. Same as the ban-DW estatement.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:03 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KInd of reminds me of a High School Party-One girl states to other girl hosting a party-'If you invite her I will not attend your party"-I just don't know
Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I may be mistaken but it sounds to me like a a few pilots who have personal issues with one person have dictated to a club who can and cannot attend. Once they find out they have this power who might be next on they're dislike list. It doesn't even sound like these guys are members of your club. Are you letting guests decide who can attend your event? That is really sad that the success of an event rely's so heavily on a few out of town pilots with a personal grudge against another. Staging an event where attendance is by personal invitation is one thing but a public event with and open invitation then banning one particular pilot because of personal dislike sets a questionable practice. Are you going to ban him as a spectator as well? Would he be welcome as a visitor if it wasn't an event or if these guys were not attending? If he attends an event and someone with a personal beef attempts to make something of it the offending person should be the one disciplined.

Dennis
Well said.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:23 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is so much more to it then something as petty as you make it sound.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:13 PM
nowellracing
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the jet family but have been in R/C for 30+ years and have never heard of someone being banned from a fly-in for being an a--hole on a public forum. If you don't like his comments then don't read them. When I'm at an event and there is someone there I don't care for I just stay away from them and still have my fun. I do not get on here and post or read a lot of the drama stuff but I will say that I met DiscoWings a few months ago to buy an turbine engine and he was super nice in person. I have friends that have dealt with him on some plane deals and they say the same that he was very nice in person. Opinions are like BUTTHOLES , we all have one!!!! Hope we all can get along in the future. Happy flying Greg
Old 06-04-2015, 08:18 PM
instant AA
My Feedback: (3)

Hi all. I know Disco as he is a member ok my rc club. About 3 years ago, I came back to the hobby after 25 year absence. Disco was one of the first people to welcome me back and offered any kind of assistance that I needed. He answered all the questions I asked and seemed interested in helping all he could.
He graciously maidened and test flew several of my planes,always stressing proper setup and safety. He is sometimes opinionated as to his views but you always know that he will tell it as he sees it. People being different is what makes the world go around.
I have been to Bomber Field on 2 occasions, and really enjoyed my time there. However. I will not return again as I do not want to be involved wit people who are so judgemental toward my friend--who you not even know.

L. Stevens
Baton Rouge
Old 06-04-2015, 09:41 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

I wonder if disco called the ama and complained about the ban if the event would loose its coverage....
Old 06-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Pttcrisp
Banned

It would appear to me that this ban has backfired on the OP. I also do not know DW but I dislike any kind of ban
Old 06-05-2015, 04:05 AM
chip_MG
My Feedback: (14)

What a bunch of babies. So the guy likes to stir the pot, he probably does it to get a raise out of everyone. Get over it and stop this PC non-sense please.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:32 AM
HunkaJunk

I'm not accusing or defending anyone, but what little I know about the situation as viewed from the outside, there is plenty of toxicity being spewed about by others than Discowings. I guess all I can say is if you want to be viewed as the 'good guy' then you should act like it, I think there are some people who should just use the ignore function so they don't see toxic posts, as it seems they reply with just as much toxicity or more.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:34 AM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have been to a lot of events both in Canada and the US and I know at times there have been pilots in attendance that had problems with others at the event. Even to the point of angry words. Event organizers and fellow pilots have always been able to make it understood this behavior was not acceptable and the offending parties would be asked to leave if it continued. I don’t recall it ever going any further and both parties flew the remainder of the event without incident. In one instance both parties have attended events since the altercation without further incidence. Both parties have found out that event organizers don’t care what your personal differences are; an event is not the place to air them.

Event organizers need to take the high road and insist both parties need to leave their grudges at the door. It doesn’t mater if it’s one person or a group of pilots an event is no place for this behavior.

So now you’ve set the precedent I just hope the organizers of the next jet event have the balls to stand up to these guys and tell them they’re welcome to attend the event but we don’t feel it’s in the best interest of sportsmanship and fellowship to allow a small group to dictate who can and cannot attend. You are all guests and as such you will be expected to conduct yourselves accordingly.

Dennis
Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

This could have been handled discreetly behind the scenes.

Last edited by reo; 06-05-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:07 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by u2fast
It's a sad day when a flying club bans a Modeler. We are hosting a jet event in 2 1/2 weeks. Many jet guys attending have contacted me today concerning discowings and his constant toxic post in this forum. I have been asked if the club will take a stand and prevent a constant trouble maker in this forum from attending. I think all of us agree that the hobby is more then jets or airplanes, it's a fellowship with friends. It is the belief that discowings presence at our facility will cause animosity and bring no positive gain. Bomberfield is a private club and he will not be allowed on the property. So, all concerned, come burn some jet a and know that you will be flying with people that show respect and kindness to others. Then again, he may never have had interest in ever coming to bomberfield. Either way, this concern is being put to rest. President of bomberfield. Barry Raborn

Ps why rcu has not banned discowings is beyond me. I will take easytiger anyday!!

This is absolutely hilarious. I have been to quite a few jet events but I have never heard of anyone being banned because of what they said online. I have actually seen people who are nice on the forums act like jerks in person, so maybe you should ban those people as well. Your club is on a very slippery slope of banning an individual because when it starts with one, it can and will grow. What happens if I get online and disagree with everything you say? Would I be banned or am I not allowed to have an opinion. I know several people like discowings who are VERY out spoken, but they are also some of the nicest people I know and associate with. No they aren't liked by many, but you know where they stand at all times. I being someone who has been banned based on other criteria in my life think that this is absolutely ludacrious and juvenile.

Patrick
Old 06-05-2015, 05:20 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I still don't understand if this is a private club, why all the fuzz by
doing this public?
You want to ban someone, just do it privately.
Just can't understand it??????????

hmarmaizmd717
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

This whole banding of a member thing because of a statement/question made on line is complete BS... Stop your crying, shut up and fly or just stay home!

Bob
Old 06-05-2015, 07:39 AM
chip_MG
My Feedback: (14)

What bob said,
amen to that
Old 06-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Wap4life

+2 with David S.

Don't think this is good move!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Wap4life

I meet DW at the Rosenberg event 2 years ago, seems like a nice guy. Also spoke with him on the phone recently about improving our jets. Lets just fly and have fun!

Last edited by Wap4life; 06-05-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:21 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

If DW is who I think he is, I believe he attended one of our last Pensacola Jets events at Holley field. It would have been two or three years ago. If memory serves, he had a PST Reaction jet with him. I was pleased to see folks would make a trip from LA to come to our relatively small event.

Anyway, this fellow was nice enough; kind of kept to himself, but was friendly when engaged. Flew a good jet, no safety concerns, seemed like an ok guy. I don't recall any issues whatsoever.

Sluggo
Old 06-05-2015, 08:47 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear all these things people are saying about dw. First off, he is no saint in this forum. I think we can all agree to that if you have read some of his post directed towards people he doesn't like. I think we agree that if you poke the same people in the nose long enough in this forum that some may feel that he is more aggressive in person. Right or wrong, I understand why they feel that way. It came down to a large group thinking that it may escalate in person. We don't need that at our field. The area that some disagree is if we should allow him to attend events at our field. He certainly may when the animosity that he created subsides between him and a large group. As a club we are caught in the middle.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:02 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow…. What a stroke of advertising genius!
Over 4700 hits and counting in two days for an event thread.
Hmmm… I wonder who we could ban from our event …

On a serious note, it is unfortunate for all involved that things have come to this, I hope something can be done to rectify the situation, we are supposed to be promoting the hobby not isolating!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:03 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

All you had to do was send him a private message. Your attempt to publicly shame him has back-fired.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:12 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Originally Posted by u2fast
There is so much more to it then something as petty as you make it sound.
There must be-trying to administer a public reprimand - instead of a private consultation-I thought more of you than this type of behavior. Have a good day.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Originally Posted by roger.alli
Having an alternative opinion, is not a criminal offence in our country,
Not in the 'get sent to the re-education camp' sense - yet...but the speech-police are alive and well, just take a look at a US college campus.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Wow…. What a stroke of advertising genius!
Over 4700 hits and counting in two days for an event thread.
Hmmm… I wonder who we could ban from our event …

On a serious note, it is unfortunate for all involved that things have come to this, I hope something can be done to rectify the situation, we are supposed to be promoting the hobby not isolating!
Rich you could ban me! But I just sleep when I'm there........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.