Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Old 06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
steph69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heretic burn the witch
Old 06-05-2015, 10:53 AM
popargr

It's too bad the banners aren't as sophisticated as their models.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:03 AM
instant AA
My Feedback: (3)

Wow--what is wrong with you people? Called him out and banned him from a public event that he never even planned to attend.
This whole thing smacks of elitism(if there is such a word).
Old 06-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you OBAMA!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Rich you could ban me! But I just sleep when I'm there........................
Hey Bob, great idea! Your banned.........NOT!
Old 06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Came to this thread from the homepage header because of the title. Started reading because I'm bored, continued reading because I'm stupid. As I see it, as mentioned in the thread, it is a free country and any event or contest director has complete say over what is to be or not to be. Some may or may not agree but it does not matter, the organizers have the last word. Now! If all that I read really take issue with the ban then boycott the event. Put your money where your keyboard is and show the organizers you will not tolerate such behavior. But! We all know that's not going to happen because the bottom line is you would rather fly the event than miss it over one banning.

SO! If it is really bothering you guys,man up, and boycott the event.
I know, not happening!!
Old 06-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
I know, not happening!!
Since Disco is banned from an event he was not planning to go, can I boycott the event I was not planning to go either ?
The club can do as they wish. That does not make it right thou. Since they posted in a public forum, they should not complain if they get called out on it.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:57 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Holland
As a professional jet manufacturer/builder who does this to provide for his family, I NEVER get involved in the politics that come with the jet part of this hobby. I have built a couple of jet projects for Ahsan aka "discowings" including one of my Jacknifes . He is one of my better customers. I have met him several times delivering his aircraft. He is very pleasant to talk with, and polite and respectful towards my wife and children.
He pays me my fees when he's supposed to. He does get a little opinionated on the jet forums, but it always seems to be a tennis match with who-ever wants to play. Again, he is entitled to an opinion, as we all are. It is sad that he has been banned from an event. These are our toys gentleman, can't we all play in the same sand box together? The friendships we have is what it's all about. You should here all the rucuss at any event Texas comes to, myself included, at midnight, when the rocket fuel is on the table, and we're solving all the worlds problems. Just my thoughts

respectfully,
Jack Holland
DiscoWings maybe opinionated at times like some of us, but I concur Jack's observation that Ahsan is easy to talk to and work with and I wouldn't doubt he is a good flying buddy just like most of us.

Cheers,
Barry
Old 06-05-2015, 03:00 PM
acerc

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Since Disco is banned from an event he was not planning to go, can I boycott the event I was not planning to go either ?
The club can do as they wish. That does not make it right thou. Since they posted in a public forum, they should not complain if they get called out on it.
I said nothing about if he was going or not, or if the OP was right or not. Only that it is the organizers right and that if people don't like it boycott it.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Came to this thread from the homepage header because of the title. Started reading because I'm bored, continued reading because I'm stupid. As I see it, as mentioned in the thread, it is a free country and any event or contest director has complete say over what is to be or not to be. Some may or may not agree but it does not matter, the organizers have the last word. Now! If all that I read really take issue with the ban then boycott the event. Put your money where your keyboard is and show the organizers you will not tolerate such behavior. But! We all know that's not going to happen because the bottom line is you would rather fly the event than miss it over one banning.

I know, not happening!!
Yep, o.k. then.

I won't be attending the event!

Won't be bringing my FEJ F-14 with Jet Joe turbines either!

What an unbelievable thread! Any guesses on how many pages a thread banning
a guy from attending an event he wasn't going to anyway will run?

At least it gave me a laugh, and someone else (DW) in particular.

John.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Electropiep
My Feedback: (51)

Somebody put this thread out of its misery
Old 06-05-2015, 06:31 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

and what was the intention of making this a world wide notice, I'll say Bann the banners !!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0c3e5185cf88e8b9ee66ce54706a34011f88514581ffc8b071b886ee24e7651a.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2100719  
Old 06-05-2015, 09:14 PM
jetster81

This is a good example of how people react these days, castigating the poor chap for no real reason other than he can be opinionated, so what, sticks and stones and all that. just because he has wee'd a few of you off.Grow a pair and apologise before you make yourselves look even bigger fools.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Pttcrisp
Banned

In my view RCU was getting very boring, this thread has certainly added to the interest. Come on how many of us are logging on and the first thing we are doing is looking at this thread. If it was not for people like Disco the world and this forum would be a very boring place
Old 06-06-2015, 06:20 AM
rcmiket

I'm seriously considering banning myself but I'm not sure how,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mike.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:40 AM
GerKonig

If in my club we have to ban somebody for saying or even doing something stupid, we would end up with a deserted field. And if you are going to ban people that posted something stupid in RC Universe, well, only I would be left!

While I am not an extremely religious person (but will go to the Vatican in 2 weeks) I remember reading something about throwing (casting) the first stone, and being free of sin, etc. I bet everybody remembers that one.

I am boycotting the fun fly, the club, and even the state. Well the state only until the end of the year:-)

Gerry
Old 06-07-2015, 09:16 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

I really wasn't going to comment due to my conflicting beliefs here, HOWEVER I have to at least stand up for Barry (U2fast)'s character. I think he got caught in between an unfortunate inter-personal conflict that some felt was intense enough to take the risk of bringing it public to try and avoid escalation. I do wish this was capable of being done in a more private forum, if it were available.

Knowing Barry for years, I can vouch that he's good, solid character. He's VERY straight forward and honest. I have no idea about the others in the conflict, nor do I care about it. There's no one, save MAYBE one I've met in person in the Texas jet community that I had anything other than good interactions with.

Not willing to "throw the baby out with the wash water", I'm taking off 2 days and going yo Bomber. Hope to see a couple of old aquaintences I haven't seen in years as I finally get back into flying again... Opportunities like these are relatively rare to build on our friendships, which is where I'll be.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:05 PM
izzy

I read thru this thread and could not believe that this is where RCU has come to
publicly bashing a guy .... come on ...whats next
reminds me of my six year old child at pre-school
i really hope that some people can come to their senses and find it in themselves to appologize
Old 06-08-2015, 03:36 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Originally Posted by izzy
I read thru this thread and could not believe that this is where RCU has come to
i really hope that some people can come to their senses and find it in themselves to appologize
Ever heard of the word hypocrisy?! LOL!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:48 AM
ncsky

Originally Posted by izzy
Have to agree with you.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:41 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Pttcrisp
In my view RCU was getting very boring, this thread has certainly added to the interest. Come on how many of us are logging on and the first thing we are doing is looking at this thread. If it was not for people like Disco the world and this forum would be a very boring place

THIS!!

Can we please bring back EasyTiger?

Pretty please?

Old 06-09-2015, 07:52 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by ravill
this!!

Can we please bring back easytiger?

Pretty please?

no

bad dog
Old 06-09-2015, 08:09 AM
erbroens

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats a pity. I ocationally meet Easytiger in other corners in the web and he has always interesting observations and different point of view of things. IMO he is a good friend... RCU would be a much funnier and nicer place with him if people wouldn´t be so "locked in" and passionate about their opinions.

Also remember that even if you consider ET a threat for the forums cibersecurity in the world, you always should pay attention in what your enemy says.. he will merciless point to your weakness and problems, in a very sincere way and this is very useful.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:24 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j.duncker
no

bad dog
Seems to me this thread had pretty much ran it's course and dying a peaceful death, down to page 3... And for some reason our Moderator brings it back to page 1... Seems kinda odd.
I find it interesting that from the original thread that started all this, that at the first sign of conflict our friend Mr. Wings made this statement ( post 9 ) " Keep up with the name calling, guaranteed your post will get removed. " Kinda of a bold statement to guarantee something like that without knowing for sure that it will happen... Draw you own conclusion... Enough of all this.

D

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.