Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Discowings is banned from bomberfield

Old 06-03-2015, 10:21 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Discowings is banned from bomberfield

It's a sad day when a flying club bans a Modeler. We are hosting a jet event in 2 1/2 weeks. Many jet guys attending have contacted me today concerning discowings and his constant toxic post in this forum. I have been asked if the club will take a stand and prevent a constant trouble maker in this forum from attending. I think all of us agree that the hobby is more then jets or airplanes, it's a fellowship with friends. It is the belief that discowings presence at our facility will cause animosity and bring no positive gain. Bomberfield is a private club and he will not be allowed on the property. So, all concerned, come burn some jet a and know that you will be flying with people that show respect and kindness to others. Then again, he may never have had interest in ever coming to bomberfield. Either way, this concern is being put to rest. President of bomberfield. Barry Raborn

Ps why rcu has not banned discowings is beyond me. I will take easytiger anyday!!

Last edited by u2fast; 06-03-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-03-2015, 10:26 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Agreed. The best is seeing all my friends at jet events and meeting new ones. Good for you taking a stand!

I doubt he would ever show his face at an event anyway.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:39 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The decision was not made by Barry alone, he has the support of the club officers and the family of BB Weber, now deceased.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:41 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would bet anything he would have never showed up at Bomberfield......or anywhere in Texas......or even Shreveport Jets......or anywhere the Texas gang would hang out. And that's a lot of coverage.

id love to see him meet Scott
Old 06-03-2015, 10:52 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe if he showed up and you showed him hospitality, maybe he would calm down. I found some people act a certain way or come off a certain way online, that does not apply to the real world.

Now if he shows up and acts like an ass or was making threats that is different. Maybe there are details I don't know about?

Just my .02 and sorry if I come off like I am on my high horse.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:56 AM
u2fast

Essyou35, I agree. But in this case, we are way past that. This is two years of a grown man constantly being toxic in so many threads.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is an old thread that really rubbed me the wong way when he made the dumb comment about the 747 crash. He later edited it but its still quoted so you can see it. Look at post #25 by Todd from Dreamworks pretty much sums it up perfect about this character.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...747-crash.html
Old 06-03-2015, 11:04 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
Maybe if he showed up and you showed him hospitality, maybe he would calm down. I found some people act a certain way or come off a certain way online, that does not apply to the real world.
Now if he shows up and acts like an ass or was making threats that is different. Maybe there are details I don't know about?
Just my .02 and sorry if I come off like I am on my high horse.
Agree 100%
What next?...a petition to revoke his waver?..there must be more to this than idle posting?

In the 747 post..the guy that say "maybe the fuselage had honeycomb" was the worst in my book. This really saddens me we are better that this.

Last edited by basimpsn; 06-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:18 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And this was Disco's version of why the 747 crashed.

"Would like to see more video, why was the jet pointing striaght up, was the pilot knocked out? What was he trying to do? Hover the jet?
Sad but seriously PILOT Error!"
Old 06-03-2015, 11:22 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

half the reason I do this hobby is for the friendships. A few of us try to have lunch every wednesday. We're like the old dudes in the cafe sitting and BSing each week. Disco puzzles me, most of us want to make friends, particularly with those who share a common interest. If he came out and apologized for being such a pain and altered the tone of his criticism, I'm sure he would be welcomed into the fold.

I'm a huge fan of people who aren't cheerleaders, but you have to show some tact when going against the grain.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely not a Disco fan but banning him in a thread is more attention than he is entitled ... He just not worth that much effort.

Last edited by Joe Westrich; 06-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's like Christmas in June...
Old 06-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Tluu
My Feedback: (85)

Originally Posted by basimpsn
Agree 100%
What next?...a petition to revoke his waver?..there must be more to this than idle posting?

In the 747 post..the guy that say "maybe the fuselage had honeycomb" was the worst in my book. This really saddens me we are better that this.

+1
Old 06-03-2015, 06:25 PM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

Oh man, that's crappy!
I was so looking forward to meeting him and giving him some good ol Army Ranger style hospitality.

I have never come across something like this before. So sorry to hear this............

Last edited by marineA4; 06-03-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Edited on my own will. Didn't want to sound so mean
Old 06-03-2015, 07:02 PM
u2fast

I dont want this to turn into a bashing thread. It came down to a group of guys that were not going to attend if disco did attend. They are gentleman and we want them to attend and to not feel the tension in the air. I don't have discos phone number and I have pm'd him in the past without a response. I am sure he will see it here. That's all.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:34 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Discowings has won. You're all letting him ruin your hobby. It is childish to lay ulitmatiums on a CD of an event.

Has anyone met Discowings in person? I think it would be better to let him come and the first sign of trouble, toss him.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:37 PM
fuqtianba

The decision was not made by Barry alone
Old 06-04-2015, 02:41 AM
u2fast

Disco hasn't won. Those that won, if you put it that way, will be those that attend an event without the stress of a confrontation. I don't think there are winners or losers. Its just a situation of you made your bed, now lay in it.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by quist
Discowings has won. You're all letting him ruin your hobby. It is childish to lay ulitmatiums on a CD of an event.

Has anyone met Discowings in person? I think it would be better to let him come and the first sign of trouble, toss him.
+1
Old 06-04-2015, 05:18 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by u2fast
Disco hasn't won. Those that won, if you put it that way, will be those that attend an event without the stress of a confrontation. I don't think there are winners or losers. Its just a situation of you made your bed, now lay in it.
Have you met him in person or just do you just know him from his statements on RCU? There are plenty of people on the internet that make jack***** statements, that doesn't mean they that way in person.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:34 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on guys. Don't ban him from the forums. I laugh a lot with his
absurd commentaries. He's some kind of person. He makes my day.
Just think about all his posts. Take it as a joke.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

i don't know him but i have read some of his post and threads, yes disco has his thing but I've also seen that people starts throwing bs at him no matter what, he must be wrong in the way he puts his staff but I think everyone has a part to count whit it...
banning him or any one from an event is not a nice thing to do...
Old 06-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by E.N.T.
Come on guys. Don't ban him from the forums. I laugh a lot with his
absurd commentaries. He's some kind of person. He makes my day.
Just think about all his posts. Take it as a joke.

hmarmaizmd717
He wasn't banned from a forum, he was banned from a privately owned flying site. I don't know or care what has been said or done but, when someone puts out a "him or me" ultimatum, there has to be a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed
Old 06-04-2015, 06:10 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking of changing my name to DiscoSwings, does that mean I can't come either???? BTW, does the invitation still stand for October, I have tentatively scheduled the time off, looking forward to it.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:22 AM
u2fast

Yep. Doc. Come on down.

For the guys that thinks he may be different in person. He might be. Some of you may have missed the fej hawk thread yesterday. It was as bad as I have ever read here on rcu. So bad that the mods rightfully hid every post. This is the result of his toxic aggressive online behavior. If the majority that attend this event don't want him there and don't feel comfortable with him there, then the wise thing to do is to tell him he is not welcome at this event. At this point, 100% of the attendees that I have heard from have this sentiment. Why take a chance and possibly have a confrontation that can turn ugly. I can only imagine the post that he would make if such an event happened. No one brought this on him but himself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.