Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tip: How to remove Epoxy or CA fingerprint marks from your painted model

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tip: How to remove Epoxy or CA fingerprint marks from your painted model

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Calvinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I worked in a fertilizer plant for a number of years and read an accident report that occured in a plant that was caused by a front end loader that had been leaking hydrolic fluid and left a trail 30 feet long one foot wide and a quarter of an inch thick of amonium nitrate and hydrolic fluid. that night a fire broke out in the storage facility and by accident one of the conveyors rollers was replaced with a non vented roller. When the fire was hot enough to rupture the roller the shock wave set off the AN and hydrolic fluid causing pieces of the loader to land one quarter of a mile away. Now that is some unstable stuff. In molten form it looks like there is something alive inside of a beaker of it as the semi chrystaline structure is constantly changing as it cools.

Calvi.

Last edited by Calvinman; 06-16-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2015, 01:26 PM
qwerty3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive my ignorance, I never tried hitting flammable liquids with a hammer, but what did you expect to happen? And what flammable liquids would ignite when hit with a hammer (assuming no spark is produced by the metal to metal contact, only percussion without a container)?
Goes to show the value of some (most?) information on the internet

I'd read that it would explode - something like a cap gun. This was assuming the stuff acted more as an explosive, than as a flammable liquid.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:36 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

I use MEK to remove CA from covering. It also makes the covering shine.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:16 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Be real careful with MEK, it absorbs through skin contact and is known to cause cancer, not might cause cancer. I know because it gave me cancer 20 years ago. My doctor called it Methel Ethel Kill ya azz. Stay safe.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Calvinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup bad stuff for sure, we used it as a printer cleaner in the bottling industry. Sure works good though