Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Highland Jets Countdown

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Highland Jets Countdown

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highland Jets Countdown

Highland Jets will commence on July 17th, 2015 for 3 full days of model jet flying. This AMA-sanctioned event will be held at Frankfort-Highland Airport, located in Central New York, just minutes off the NYS Thruway, Exits 30 or 31. Our venue features a 2800' x 60' newly paved runway with few restrictions or full scale activity. The event emphasizes jet flying with no interruptions for demos, pattern trials, etc. Previous editions of Highland Jets have attracted numerous jet pilots from 7 northeast states. Turbine, EDF and glow DF jets are all welcome. As a side attraction we are offering a Saturday evening dinner cruise on the historic Erie Canal. This is a great opportunity to socialize with fellow jet pilots and their guests in a relaxed setting. The 2-hour cruise includes a dinner buffet, cash bar and departs at 7 pm Sat., from a dock about 15 minutes from the airport site. Cost is approximately $ 30 USD. A final headcount needs to be provided to the caterer by July 10th and please PM me your interest in attending Highland Jets and/or the Erie Canal dinner cruise. I look forward to hearing from you.
Rgds,
Art ARRO, CD/AMA Leader Member
Old 07-13-2015, 04:57 PM
ROTOMATT

Default HighLand Jets

Packed up and ready to go, looking forward to another great event! Had a good time last year, Very Nice flying site. Put myself and wife down for dinner Cruise. See you on the 17th Art
Old 07-14-2015, 04:14 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

T minus 4- days, that is, before the start of Highland Jets on July 17th. Things are falling into place and the long range weather forecast looks favorable, sunny, hot with a passing shower or 2. Highland Jets emphasizes relaxed jet flying from 3 flight stations with very few flight restrictions. Vendor donations will be distributed to the pilots at the time of their registration. A Saturday evening dinner cruise will highlight the apres-flying activity. Plan now to attend this sole jet event in Central NY.

Rgds,
Art ARRO, CD
Old 07-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Frank Alvarez

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello Folks,
While I've been out of circulation within the jet community, I have had over many years, had the pleasure of working closely with my old freind "Art Arro"!
He and I were the former organizers for the Albany, NY "Capital-Jets" event.
Knowing Art, and his compadres upstate, they have spared no exspense, in prepareing a great weekend of Kero-burning adventure for you guys!
If you havn't made the trip to the Highland jet even, you owe it to yourself "not" to miss one of the finest flying venues in the northeast.
So, get out, support Art, and enjoy the fine flying at the Highland event. You won't regret it!
See you guys soon,
Frank
Old 07-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you want about the "Big" Jet Rallies around the country. Highland Jets out did you all this weekend. Yes it was a light turnout but the flying was to die for and the Saturday Evening cruise on the Erie Canal was outstanding. We all had a great time with light drinks and comradery with great friends.

I have to admit I have been having a tough time flying smooth with my R-54. I tried crow (sorry Frank) and I found it to be a big help on landing so I dialed in more this morning. Stupid me, I dialed in so much that I ran the system into physical stops on the ailerons. When we set up for landing with full flaps and crow the ailerons went to the physical stops and ceased to fully function. Instant heart failure until Mike Turocy's quick thinking switched back to mid flaps and absolutely saved my plane. Mike, I can't thank you enough for recovering what would have otherwise been a disaster.

Last edited by Square Nozzle; 07-23-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

geez John, didn't I tell you too much of a good thing can kill you? Glad Mike had the quick thinking to turn it off. Frank would have told you if he was there ailerons are over rated anyway and just used the rudder!