Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej f-35

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej f-35

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

http://youtu.be/4hGteIBiCWs

Look at 3:55, the rudders kick in like a V-tail just like the F-22 and F-18 do. Thats how the full scale planes do it to overcome their configurations.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:02 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've reduced rudder throw significantly and added aileron mix, hopefully it will correct the dutch roll effect some. I can tell you that it rolls with rudder just as fast as with ailerons......scared the crap out of me!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:28 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

LOL my F22 was the same way. One time I gave it to much rudder in knife edge and it went from 170mph to about 80 in a few seconds with a violent snap roll..... I thought the plane broke up at first.

Originally Posted by FalconWings
I've reduced rudder throw significantly and added aileron mix, hopefully it will correct the dutch roll effect some. I can tell you that it rolls with rudder just as fast as with ailerons......scared the crap out of me!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:36 AM
FalconWings

Well, got to the field, turned on radio and gear was in up position. Nose gear collapsed and snapped the nose gear door out. That kind of set the mood for the rest of the morning!

Oh well, decided to still fly as I really wanted to test the Cortex. I took off with 50% gain, but gear wouldnt come up, so I flew with gear down. Im impressed that it still flew pretty good with gear out. Aimerons were trailing a bit so I increased gain, to the point where I didnt like how ELE was working, then backed out. All pretty good. As i was driving home I realised that I only connected one AIL servo, so I only had half of gyro correction (no wonder it felt a bit lagging!).
I also added nosewheel steering correction, but it didnt really help as expected. It was still touchy during takeoff, and was not tracking well......but I think there were other factors present too. I just cant get this thing to brake without veering to a side, and scraping a wing tip. So, I cant fly this on a club runway until I get this sorted out. That being said I lost my GSW jet rally window, which BLOWS!.......but I think I like this model enough to warrant taking time to make right. Gotta fix a fuel leak too.

BTW the aileron to rud mix fixed the dutch roll problem at knife edge. It can now knife edge fine.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
LOL my F22 was the same way. One time I gave it to much rudder in knife edge and it went from 170mph to about 80 in a few seconds with a violent snap roll..... I thought the plane broke up at first.
Same with Rookie, Harpoon etc. I'm still working on the DerJet one and I had already set that with small rudder movements!
Old 09-06-2015, 03:07 PM
FalconWings

Dave how is DJs coming along? Done much flight test?
Old 09-26-2015, 01:53 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Would love to see that F-35 at West Texas Jets next week!