Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Old 07-21-2015, 12:56 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Hey guys, were are finishing up our order for the next boat shipment. Get your order in and save big on shipping! DHL shipping on a 1/5 scale F-16 is around $1350! We absorb the freight cost and you pay from our warehouse in the USA to you for domestic pricing! That goes on all Skymaster airframes and required accessories! Questions on shipping and expected time? Contact me at [email protected] for info!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A1001b.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2110420   Click image for larger version

Name:	11705307_10206988301842932_3298864310867700857_n.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	2110421  
Old 07-21-2015, 02:49 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wanted to let everyone Know my experience with Danny and Chief,, I lost my F16 last month, luckily I just need a new airframe, So I decided to I wanted to order a new 1/6 f16 from skymaster, and I am doing a custom scheme, I contacted Danny from this forum, and he has been nothing but great, he helped by looking at what I wanted and advising how to start with one of skymasters Base Camo schemes, Thanks Danny, that will save me a ton of time. I have been working with Danny for a few days now ( even on his personal phone) letting him know specifically what I want, and He has been in contact with Anton letting him know what I want, and how I want it, and has done a great job taking care of me,my questions and concerns, I have been talking with him on a daily basis. Just Finalized my order today, and it will be getting built with the options I wanted. It was a Toss up for me, Chief Or BVM both have always been great to me, their prices are exactly the same, I went thru Chief for a couple reasons, I knew that Danny and Dana would take care of me, and if any issues they would/will get them resolved.. Another huge benefit of ordering through chief is SHIPPING,, I don't have to pay international shipping charges from factory to my house, I placed the order, it will be built, and then shipped with multiple orders chief placed, they cover that ride across the ocean. When it arrives if it is damaged, Chief will handle that , I don't have to deal with that mess. I pay the domestic shipping from them to me, which is about 1/2 the international rates.they send it to me, and I get the big smile on my face. This process will save me some cash and I am all for that any time I can,,, I just have to wait a little longer, Put 1/2 the money down as a deposit, then when it leaves pay the rest, but that's fine, lets me put in more OT at work to pay for it all,,,
Just wanted to share with you guys and let you know My experience with Danny and Chief,,,
Old 07-21-2015, 03:21 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by raron455
Wanted to let everyone Know my experience with Danny and Chief,, I lost my F16 last month, luckily I just need a new airframe, So I decided to I wanted to order a new 1/6 f16 from skymaster, and I am doing a custom scheme, I contacted Danny from this forum, and he has been nothing but great, he helped by looking at what I wanted and advising how to start with one of skymasters Base Camo schemes, Thanks Danny, that will save me a ton of time. I have been working with Danny for a few days now ( even on his personal phone) letting him know specifically what I want, and He has been in contact with Anton letting him know what I want, and how I want it, and has done a great job taking care of me,my questions and concerns, I have been talking with him on a daily basis. Just Finalized my order today, and it will be getting built with the options I wanted. It was a Toss up for me, Chief Or BVM both have always been great to me, their prices are exactly the same, I went thru Chief for a couple reasons, I knew that Danny and Dana would take care of me, and if any issues they would/will get them resolved.. Another huge benefit of ordering through chief is SHIPPING,, I don't have to pay international shipping charges from factory to my house, I placed the order, it will be built, and then shipped with multiple orders chief placed, they cover that ride across the ocean. When it arrives if it is damaged, Chief will handle that , I don't have to deal with that mess. I pay the domestic shipping from them to me, which is about 1/2 the international rates.they send it to me, and I get the big smile on my face. This process will save me some cash and I am all for that any time I can,,, I just have to wait a little longer, Put 1/2 the money down as a deposit, then when it leaves pay the rest, but that's fine, lets me put in more OT at work to pay for it all,,,
Just wanted to share with you guys and let you know My experience with Danny and Chief,,,
Thanks for the kind remarks Ronnie! It was a pleasure getting you what you need and am looking forward to seeing the cool scheme you have planned in person! Hopefully I can make Mississippi burner and see you there!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:14 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

So when can we expect the previous order to arrive??

I placed my order for an unpainted SM Xtreme F-86 back in November 2014, with a quoted February delivery.

When I called in February I was told April.

When I called in April I was told June

When I called in June I was told August.

The person I spoke to in June also said that it wasn't even ordered until April, even though I had paid 50% in December. What had they been doing for 6 months?

I'm glad I didn't order anything complicated like a custom paint scheme or anything

There's the 'On the Slow Boat from China' and then there's Chief.......

I don't normally post publically about issues, but 9 months+ is pretty poor performance.

Paul
Old 07-21-2015, 05:54 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
So when can we expect the previous order to arrive??

I placed my order for an unpainted SM Xtreme F-86 back in November 2014, with a quoted February delivery.

When I called in February I was told April.

When I called in April I was told June

When I called in June I was told August.

The person I spoke to in June also said that it wasn't even ordered until April, even though I had paid 50% in December. What had they been doing for 6 months?

I'm glad I didn't order anything complicated like a custom paint scheme or anything

There's the 'On the Slow Boat from China' and then there's Chief.......

I don't normally post publically about issues, but 9 months+ is pretty poor performance.

Paul
Even though this is not the medium for which to raise your issues, I will address them and see if I can help. Did you speak to Dana? Based on what you are telling me, I can easily arrive at the conclusion that your order fell into the Chinese New Year delays. Even though the deposit was taken in December, we still have to wait for the order to be processed, accepted and put into the Que at Skymaster. That sometimes can take weeks on its own. That is probably why they said it didn't go in till April even though that sounds a little long. There are numerous orders going into the Que every day from many customers. That entire shipment is delayed because of it.

The issue for those who order aircraft in the US from china must understand that as a company here in the US, it is next to near impossible to predict what delays may arise in the factory in china. Anyone who has been in this hobby long enough knows that if you order your product right before Chinese new years, there may be huge delays. When we tell a customer when to expect their aircraft its because that is the information given to us by the factory. If the factory is delayed, we give you the next date they give us so forth and so on. If you take advantage of the shipping via the container, then there's an additional 3 weeks on the ocean.

There is absolutely nothing we can do but advise my customers of when its the best time in the year to order your aircraft so that you do not run into these periods when delays are most common which are mostly after Chinese new years. That order your aircraft is part of has taken almost 24 weeks to complete. Very delayed and believe me, we are just as frustrated as you about the order delay but again, we do our best to try and mitigate the problem. It does not matter who you order your jet from, they will ALL have the same issues unless the aircraft you order is in stock or completed at the factory. Some customers are not meant to have their order shipped by container as it takes the longest, they need to pay the full amount and ship DHL but even that will only speed up the process a couple weeks. We are trying to have product here in stock in the USA but before the container arrives with what we ordered for inventory, it is all sold. As we move forward, we continue to work closely with Skymaster to streamline the process but that's all we can do.

Paul, your aircraft should be here soon. I did not handle your order myself. There are several customers dealing with the delay and have been patient and we appreciate that from them as they know that we do the best we can and what happens in China is out of our control. Let us know if there is anything else I can do to help even though at his point were just waiting for the container.

My recommendation to anyone who has a time sensitive situation, order by May and even though its very expensive, the quickest way is to air freight.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and I will now along with Dana be providing extended hours for support and ordering. Skymaster and I are working to try and provide US based customer service for our customers with a US number to answer questions and help with troubleshooting, parts, and general questions.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-21-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would've if I hadn't been treated so poorly as a new customer by Dana. I decided to do my future business elsewhere, which stinks because I live in Oregon and Chief is relatively close. Oh well.

-Frank
Old 07-21-2015, 06:39 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by luge_racer
I would've if I hadn't been treated so poorly as a new customer by Dana. I decided to do my future business elsewhere, which stinks because I live in Oregon and Chief is relatively close. Oh well.

-Frank
Sorry you feel you did not receive great service. If you have any other needs with Skymaster, I would be glad to spend some time and regain your business. My apologies on behalf of Chief.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 PM
JSF-TC

"Even though this is not the medium for which to raise your issues"

Why not?? Expectations need to be set, especially, if like Ronnie you have just lost a plane and are looking for a replacement.

When I placed my order, the quoted 3 month delivery time was entirely within my window of expectation. Why wouldn't I have ordered? 9 months later and no kit to show for it, just excuses, is a different matter.

How many kits do you get in a container? 50,70,100? How long does it take SM to make that many kits, along with all their other worldwide orders. I'm betting that you only get 1 container shipment a year.

I'd guess that if you placed an order now, you won't see anything until late Spring/ early Summer 2016.

Ronnie- how long were you promised for delivery? 3 months.............

Paul
Old 07-21-2015, 07:02 PM
PowerBoxDanny

"Even though this is not the medium for which to raise your issues"

Why not?? Expectations need to be set, especially, if like Ronnie you have just lost a plane and are looking for a replacement.

When I placed my order, the quoted 3 month delivery time was entirely within my window of expectation. Why wouldn't I have ordered? 9 months later and no kit to show for it, just excuses, is a different matter.

How many kits do you get in a container? 50,70,100? How long does it take SM to make that many kits, along with all their other worldwide orders. I'm betting that you only get 1 container shipment a year.

I'd guess that if you placed an order now, you won't see anything until late Spring/ early Summer 2016.

Ronnie- how long were you promised for delivery? 3 months.............

Paul
What I stated are not excuses, they are facts. Believe me, If I could I'd deliver the aircraft directly to your house to make you happy. Paul, there's obviously nothing we can say that's going to satisfy you. You are obviously trying now to agitate another customer and degrade Chief's reputation. Just because your order had delays and your expectations were not met, doesn't mean everyone will have the same situation. Your aircraft is not the only one on that container but your the only one on here having a melt down.

He ordered his aircraft in the best time period for best on time delivery. As I mentioned in the long article, Ronnies order is totally different that yours and Ronnie has been advised of any delays but more than anything, Ronnie dealt with me and he is definitely not operating on your wavelength.

As I mentioned before, your product should be here as the boat is on the way. If you are still not happy, we will gladly reimburse your full deposit if that will make you happy. Bashing chief for what happens in China is not going to get your aircraft here any sooner. Ronnie will see his aircraft around November because he won't have to deal with Chinese New Years and that's a fact. I am sure Ronnie will post here when his aircraft arrives.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-22-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM
JSF-TC

Wow!!

"meltdown"

"agitate another customer"

"degrade Chief's reputation"

"not operating on your wavelength"

Don't worry, I'll be calling in the morning for a full refund of my deposit. Say goodbye to another 'delighted' customer.

Oh, and my PM inbox supports my position. I'm not the only one not happy.

Paul
Old 07-21-2015, 07:15 PM
raron455

Was told upfront around 14-18weeks , to get to the states, and around 2 weeks to get it from the dock to me, I am expecting a 4-6 month realistic wait, i can definately feel your pain Paul, 9 months is completely ridiculous, My order specifics are out here for all to see, going to sit back and wait for my plane, see when it gets here, I dont believe the Fellas at chief would ever intentionally mislead a customer, I understand its mostly out of their hands for the most part. However if skymaster is consistently that long of a wait,that should be disclosed, it would affect decisions. And I know chinese new years is a big deal. We will watch,,,,,, the last plane I ordered from cheif (a 37%pilot edge) I got the same week I ordered, so I know when Chief has it in their hands they dont drag their feet.
I have had nothing but good experience with chief, and now with Danny, thats why I gave them my business. I also believe even though there are some hard feelings, Danny will still look into your order, and try to help.

Last edited by raron455; 07-21-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Wow!!

"meltdown"

"agitate another customer"

"degrade Chief's reputation"

"not operating on your wavelength"

Don't worry, I'll be calling in the morning for a full refund of my deposit. Say goodbye to another 'delighted' customer.

Oh, and my PM inbox supports my position. I'm not the only one not happy.

Paul

And then you will be banned from ever ordering anything again. Which is fine because I and 3 other people I know are in the same club; same issue 6 months + for items. For me it was the krill extra, another local flier that is now out of the hobby was a 129" pilot yak.

Its true you can save on freight, but its also true you can get a 5-10% discount ordering directly from skymaster in Taiwan which evens out the shipping. After waiting 11 months from that theif Jeff Tolomeo ala Rc turbine jets/evojet.us I have learned to order direct form the mfg.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Danny, I'll gladly take Pauls F-86! I have a P-80 sitting on the bench that needs a good airframe. You guys are awesome!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:38 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Good morning fellas,

I have explained the reason for the delay and I will leave the issue where it is. As I had done before I'll do again, I apologize for the long delay on Pauls order. I wish there was more we could do on our end to get your aircraft to you in a more timely manner. Thanks to those who PM'd with kind remarks. I will make sure the possibility of these delays are disclosed when orders are made during that slower time period of the year for the factory.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:44 AM
Lil Chief
My Feedback: (3)

Skymaster container will be at Chiefs doorstep tomorrow!!!! That is the latest word from the freight carrier per our phone conversation a few hours ago. We will do our best to get it unloaded, do what we need to do, and get jets back out the door on the big brown truck.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:42 PM
JSF-TC

Just to close out our issue, Danny and I have discussed privately, and I hope to receive my F-86 very soon. I have not cancelled my order, so it will not be available as a 'stock' item.

Paul
Old 07-22-2015, 01:47 PM
FMRR

Thought I was the only one that got the run around from Chief and Dana. I personally will never do business with them again. At the time as a first time customer I did not air my experience here. It's seems appropriate now to share my disappointment with them.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:01 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by FMRR
Thought I was the only one that got the run around from Chief and Dana. I personally will never do business with them again. At the time as a first time customer I did not air my experience here. It's seems appropriate now to share my disappointment with them.
Well, seems your also from the delayed shipment. As the selling company of a foreign product, we are absorbing the impact of the delays that as I mentioned above were beyond our control and as we learn many things from this last order, that mistake will not be made again. We are implementing new policies for time estimations depending on what time of the year the orders are placed. As with Paul's order, I was not involved but will be available to you as well if you ever decide to change your mind. My apologies again for the extreme delay.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:03 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Just to close out our issue, Danny and I have discussed privately, and I hope to receive my F-86 very soon. I have not cancelled my order, so it will not be available as a 'stock' item.

Paul
Thank Paul for reaching out! Look forward to hearing of your F-86 and how it flies!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:06 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
Well, seems your also from the delayed shipment. As the selling company of a foreign product, we are absorbing the impact of the delays that as I mentioned above were beyond our control and as we learn many things from this last order, that mistake will not be made again. We are implementing new policies for time estimations depending on what time of the year the orders are placed. As with Paul's order, I was not involved but will be available to you as well if you ever decide to change your mind. My apologies again for the extreme delay.
I know what it's like dealing with some of these prima donnas, explanations mean nothing to them. I commend you for attempting to get FMRR to understand.

Simple, don't want to deal with CHINA buy what is in stock at Chief.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM
raron455

Told ya guys, Danny is a stand up fella,,
Old 07-22-2015, 04:20 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I always order direct from Skymaster. I've never had a delay.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:02 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
I always order direct from Skymaster. I've never had a delay.
We don't discourage anyone from ordering direct from Skymaster even though right now, most orders that are emailed to Skymaster are redirected to Chief Aircraft as Chief Aircraft is now Skymaster USA. Having said that, unless your aircraft is sitting on the shelf, there is no way there will not be a delay at the factory during and after Chinese new years. The Chinese new years festival lasts 23 days after Feb 8th. If you know the details of what happens right after new years there, you'd understand why there are some extended delays. We encourage ordering during anytime of the year with the understanding that this is a time where things don't move as quickly. On top of that the savings will cost time while the products are on the boat.

Anton himself would will recommend that with the new size airframes, having them shipped by ocean freight is the most cost effective way to bring these large models to the US. With the new hawk being 135 inches long, both of the new F-18's being also huge, DHL costs will now exceed $1300 to $1500 for shipping alone.

If anyone is interested in buying a Skymaster aircraft, contact me and I will go thru in detail with you what realistic time frames are, savings costs, and when its the best time in the year to keep you on a 12 to14 week schedule not counting the time it takes for Skymaster to confirm the order (accept the order and add it to the build Que) which can sometimes take over a week.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:15 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, it's been awhile since I ordered one so things prbably changed. At any rate I've never had an issue with getting a model in a few months. 9 months is too long. I simply wouldn't wait that long unless it's something very custom.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 07-22-2015, 05:46 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Well I remember the days when we ordered a box of parts. Lets say a BVM. 4K to 9K. Glue and lots of supplies. Take 6 months to a year to build. $ 500 in paint cans $ 500 in pro mark graphics... 5K to 10K invest them stuff airplane and finally time to fly. Since builders are going by the way of horse and buggy almost none left( a shame in my book) I think the wait time is not bad. I do own a few skymaster kits. Love and fly them. I think what Chief is doing is great. Saving big freight dollars. Everyone just enjoy the hobby and beat up those who are trying to tie us to drones instead. That is the real problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.