Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Mikey5547

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the Tornado in the list of future projects?
Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM
smith john
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys my experience with chief,they were great when u order but after that forget it.4months ,no missing and damaged parts. dana told me he was to busy to even talk to me. went to sky master and received parts.will never order anything from chief.john smith
Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by smith john
guys my experience with chief,they were great when u order but after that forget it.4months ,no missing and damaged parts. dana told me he was to busy to even talk to me. went to sky master and received parts.will never order anything from chief.john smith
A little more detail? How long ago? What plane? What parts? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Danny, this is Kim Couturier again. I need a fuse, canopy, and wing tube for Dophin jet.....as Dana will not help me, would you? [email protected]rbirds scheme......
Old 07-26-2015, 06:00 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by Kim Couturier
Danny, this is Kim Couturier again. I need a fuse, canopy, and wing tube for Dophin jet.....as Dana will not help me, would you? [email protected]rbirds scheme......
Hello Kim, I do not handle the Pilot products. I am exclusively their Skymaster sales person. Brett and Dana handle pilot products.

This thread is for Skymaster product, if you have unrelated questions you can email at the address below.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-26-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:03 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I was hoping sooner so I could have a build project this winter, I'm going stir crazy with nothing to build. As someone who has had to deal with damage from shipping the idea of a safer shipping option is nice. My f-14 was damaged and the time I open the boxes of the projects I have built are dread full. For me the wait till shipping isn't a big deal but the 3-4 days it's being shipped is stressful and then to open the box and see damage on 10k jet is not fun.
story of my life! If it's not the poor packaging, it's the monkeys with the freight company. And heaven forbid you try to make a claim against the freight company. I'll be honest, my best experience with damaged stuff has been with skymaster. mig-29 had a few cracks in the fuse, they built me a new one.

My mig-15 from Agoston was packaged very well, unfortunately the boat peeps tried to learn how to play the accordion with the box.

My dealings with chief have been outstanding. Actual phone calls, and quick resolution to the problem.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:05 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah sm replaced my crush stab and made me a new nose for my f-14 no complaints there.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:24 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by smith john
Ok, I was able to look into this matter to try and see if we can resolve it but the facts show Mr. Smith to be quite the handful and impossible to work with. Using extremely foul language with the customer service representative Vivian at Chief. Dana was not present as this John Smith called while Dana and other essential crew were attending Sun and Fun as we do every year to support the event as vendors. When he did speak with Dana, he was asked to stop using extremely foul language specially towards the female staff.

Mr John Smith ordered an F-86 and received the aircraft as scheduled as he agrees to in his statement above. The problem was that from the factory, they packed pushrods for the elevator that he says were too short and there was damage to the cockpit. All easy fixes. We emailed John at Skymaster to send the correct rods and Chief spent $40 to get him rods shipped from a different location while waiting for the ones from Skymaster but they apparently were not the right size, we never received those rods back.

We asked Mr. Smith to take photographs of the linkages being short to help John figure out how short and why they are short as these are the ones they send with all the F-86's. Mr. Smith replied with colorful words that he "Is not a photographer". 5 employees in total dealt with the wrath of Mr. Smith. Foul language that is unacceptable to any business. Many emails and foul calls later over some pushrods and a damaged cockpit, we had John send him his replacement parts even though he says Skymaster did, well we are Skymaster USA. None of this experience was acceptable to this customer, maybe not quick enough? Mr. John Smith received his parts, craziness unnecessary, drive by criticism, debunked.

3 sides to every story, at least explain.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-29-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:25 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Yeah sm replaced my crush stab and made me a new nose for my f-14 no complaints there.
Glad I was able to do a quick field assessment and get you a new one ordered right away! I think it was a Sunday! Not bad if I say so myself!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Kim Couturier

Perhaps you could have Brett contact me...PLEASE?
Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Just to get back to the original issue just so I understand, is this how it works:

1) Place an order, pay deposit.
2) SM makes the jet.
3) Once enough orders and jets are completed, SM will ship them in bulk to Chief.
4) Chief then sends to us via UPS.

If this is correct, for #3 you are estimating on average 9 months? Is it possible to be longer? It seems to me if business is slow that it could be a lot longer I assume.
If business is slower and the Chinese new year is involved, is it safe to assume 1 year?

I'm not bashing anything just making sure I understand for planning.

On another note, was trying to get some mig-29 tires from Dana and it fell through, do you still have them in stock? (Mains).
Old 07-27-2015, 08:43 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by essyou35
Just to get back to the original issue just so I understand, is this how it works:

1) Place an order, pay deposit.
2) SM makes the jet.
3) Once enough orders and jets are completed, SM will ship them in bulk to Chief.
4) Chief then sends to us via UPS.

If this is correct, for #3 you are estimating on average 9 months? Is it possible to be longer? It seems to me if business is slow that it could be a lot longer I assume.
If business is slower and the Chinese new year is involved, is it safe to assume 1 year?

I'm not bashing anything just making sure I understand for planning.

On another note, was trying to get some mig-29 tires from Dana and it fell through, do you still have them in stock? (Mains).
If you read back on the post, I have covered the process and how placing your order in different times of the year affect the factory processing and building time. Please review the previous posts. There is never a 9 month waiting period unless there are delays during the new years period in china. All explained above!
Old 07-27-2015, 08:45 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Perhaps you could have Brett contact me...PLEASE?
Are you trying to purchase a replacement airframe?
Old 07-27-2015, 08:55 AM
essyou35

Is this what I am looking for? Theres a lot going on in here is why I am trying to get to brass tacks. So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved, which I assume is anytime during Q1? Got it, if this isn't correct please let me know.

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
We don't discourage anyone from ordering direct from Skymaster even though right now, most orders that are emailed to Skymaster are redirected to Chief Aircraft as Chief Aircraft is now Skymaster USA. Having said that, unless your aircraft is sitting on the shelf, there is no way there will not be a delay at the factory during and after Chinese new years. The Chinese new years festival lasts 23 days after Feb 8th. If you know the details of what happens right after new years there, you'd understand why there are some extended delays. We encourage ordering during anytime of the year with the understanding that this is a time where things don't move as quickly. On top of that the savings will cost time while the products are on the boat.

Anton himself would will recommend that with the new size airframes, having them shipped by ocean freight is the most cost effective way to bring these large models to the US. With the new hawk being 135 inches long, both of the new F-18's being also huge, DHL costs will now exceed $1300 to $1500 for shipping alone.

If anyone is interested in buying a Skymaster aircraft, contact me and I will go thru in detail with you what realistic time frames are, savings costs, and when its the best time in the year to keep you on a 12 to14 week schedule not counting the time it takes for Skymaster to confirm the order (accept the order and add it to the build Que) which can sometimes take over a week.

Thanks guys!
Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
If you read back on the post, I have covered the process and how placing your order in different times of the year affect the factory processing and building time. Please review the previous posts. There is never a 9 month waiting period unless there are delays during the new years period in china. All explained above!
Old 07-27-2015, 09:27 AM
essyou35

Send an email about the tires. Hope you can help.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 AM
smith john
My Feedback: (4)

danny realy
Old 07-27-2015, 10:45 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by essyou35
Is this what I am looking for? Theres a lot going on in here is why I am trying to get to brass tacks. So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved, which I assume is anytime during Q1? Got it, if this isn't correct please let me know.
Seems there is quite a bit of confusion about how Skymaster and the order process works. Let me clear it up. "So 3-4 months with the build backlog and no year involved" kind of gave it away. Skymaster does not have a bunch of aircraft sitting on the shelf waiting for people to order it neither does it have a backlog of planes waiting to be built. It takes 14 to 16 weeks approximately to build your airplane. So this is how it goes normally and not nessesarily on Q1 (First Quarter) because Chinese New Years starts on Feb 8th and goes till the end of Feb so not Q1. Just after Q1 or so.

1. You call or email me and place your order (Factory clock not ticking on build time)
2. We collect the deposit on your aircraft (Factory clock NOT ticking yet on your build time)
3. We place the order and wait for the order to be accepted, this can take a few days to a week, maybe more, we don't control this. Depends on factory load. Doesn't matter where you order from, this is a factory time issue.
(Factory clock NOT ticking on your build time)
4. Factory accepts the order and starts building (NOW the clock starts ticking on your build)
5. Factory builds your aircraft (Should take 12 to 16 weeks but if there are delays such as the ones spoken of above during certain times of the year up to a few months, NOT A YEAR). We wait for your aircraft to be built, answer questions, get hollered at, try and speed things up, handle orders etc etc. No problem! That's our job but we cannot speed up what the factory does.
7. Aircraft is finished, we collect the other 50% of the purchase price and we wait for the boat on the water to arrive in the USA port. (Takes 3 weeks unless we have a "Captain Phillips" situation or it gets jammed at Customs)
8. We get the container, we inspect though unlikely to suffer damage because no one was playing forklift volleybox with your plane. We contact the customer (Same day, very speedy)
9. We collect shipping from us to your house and send the plane out most of the time the next day (Again, speedy because its one of the few times we can control the process speed)
10. Your aircraft arrives at your home.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you notice, there's not much we can do to control the bulk of the time in the process!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Kim Couturier

I am trying to get replacement parts....been trying since early June....
Old 07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny,
I applaud you and Chief Aircraft. You have explained things very well. This is a tough business and I admire Dana for his investment into this segment of the hobby.
I've always been pleased with my service from Chief. I'm sure you guys will do great after you get momentum rolling in the jet scene.
Paul
Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
PowerBoxDanny

I am trying to get replacement parts....been trying since early June....
Kim, your situation has nothing to do with Skymaster products and the reason it has been since June is not because of Chief. Chief and Pilot Aircraft had both decided to not do business with you any longer and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that. Its above my pay grade. If you want to address this issue and wish not to talk to Dana, you are more than welcome to contact Tony at Pilot Aircraft directly via email and address your concerns about your aircraft and Chief Aircraft.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by M3Baker
Danny,
I applaud you and Chief Aircraft. You have explained things very well. This is a tough business and I admire Dana for his investment into this segment of the hobby.
I've always been pleased with my service from Chief. I'm sure you guys will do great after you get momentum rolling in the jet scene.
Paul
Thanks Paul. Its all good!
Old 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
rcspitfirepilot
My Feedback: (8)

I have only been doing this jet thing for about 3 years now. But I have been around a lot of people that have ordered skymaster jets/parts/etc. I do not care who you deal with here in the US they are all good. The common denominator is Skymaster and Anton and who ever this American named guy is that Anton always refers you to when there is a problem. Skymaster is behind all the problems and all US dealers have to translate their bull to the customer which is never easy because it always changes. Remember dealing with Chinese manufacturing is NOT EASY and I would not wish it on ANYONE.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Holly smoke Danny, I hope you get paid a bunch to do this job! :-)
Old 07-27-2015, 05:18 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Westrich
Holly smoke Danny, I hope you get paid a bunch to do this job! :-)

Im With you all the way Danny,,, You are doing Great work supporting Chief and Skymaster, and taking care of us, You have proven you are here, and you are an Asset to our hobby ,,, You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time,, but never all the people all the time!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	981482f.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	2111427  
Old 07-27-2015, 05:27 PM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

I have been in the hobby since 1979. There is one word (IMHO) that describes the key to the enjoyment of the hobby and the path to fewest frustrations.....PATIENCE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.