Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:51 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both decided " not to do business with me". Tony was more than wiling to sell me parts. Dana had checked out getting them just last week, but got all out of shape about a post I made on this forum....again, I am painted as the bad guy here. Things taken out of context more than once. Oh well.....lesson learned. I do thank you for looking into it though. You seem like a stand up guy. For the record, this all started with an email to me that was totally uncalled for. I will post no more here, as you are right...this is a skymaster thread. Sorry for taking everyone's time. Danny, good luck with Skymaster jets. They are the best, in my opinion.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:44 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Lots to think about. Some pro's some con's. Apparently you either love Chief or you hate them. Not really any middle ground.
Kinda like hobby king love em or hate em
Old 07-28-2015, 10:58 AM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a feeling apologies would help mend many fences. Unfortunately with what I've read, Dana seems to be at the heart of many customer complaints. When the owner of the company makes a potential customer feel unwelcome (especially after trying hard to actually give them business) it doesn't matter what their representatives say, most people won't want to hand over their hard earned cash to the company.

On that note, chief isn't the only name in the skymaster (or RC jet) game.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by luge_racer
I have a feeling apologies would help mend many fences. Unfortunately with what I've read, Dana seems to be at the heart of many customer complaints. When the owner of the company makes a potential customer feel unwelcome (especially after trying hard to actually give them business) it doesn't matter what their representatives say, most people won't want to hand over their hard earned cash to the company.

On that note, chief isn't the only name in the skymaster (or RC jet) game.
You will find many people including me will agree, DANA is the heart of the problem. I think they lost carf dealership for very similar reasons.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:58 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
You will find many people including me will agree, DANA is the heart of the problem. I think they lost carf dealership for very similar reasons.
I don't know how valuable it is for people to align themselves with you Disco, you have quite the reputation on here for being negative 99.9% of the time and more than that, seem to rejoice in starting negative conversation without any personal or public benefit. I feel when that is the case, when you say or add something to a discussion, its more like background noise than substantive information or comments. Having said that, no Dana was not the reason CARF and Chief went their separate ways but again, I am not at liberty to discuss these issues on this forum or anywhere else for that matter.

The vast majority of our customers are very satisfied with Dana, if you notice, it is the same few that are the ones making the claims of bad treatment. Not saying that their experience was less that stellar because we all have our bad days, but as I said before, no one stays in business for 30 years if this was the case. Even as this thread is running its course, we have had at least a dozen aircraft purchases for this next container on top of our order of 5 or so 1/5th scale F-16, new hawks, and other planes that our friends will be able to take advantage of. Order closes at the end of the week so maybe a few more. I think there's an A-10, maybe my own new big hawk but haven't decided yet. Bashing makes for great troll feed and not saying that people shouldn't voice their opinion but there's a difference and most people on here know what that difference is!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-28-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:03 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by jetmech43
Kinda like hobby king love em or hate em
But before you make up your mind, gimme a holler!
Old 07-28-2015, 02:25 PM
luge_racer

I'm still waiting for an apology. I did nothing wrong, I said nothing abusive, I only wanted to spend my money with a local company, but I got treated as if I were worthless by the owner. I would be more than happy to post the whole, unedited email exchange here if your owner is still not willing to admit fault and let the public judge.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 PM
PowerBoxDanny

I'm still waiting for an apology. I did nothing wrong, I said nothing abusive, I only wanted to spend my money with a local company, but I got treated as if I were worthless by the owner. I would be more than happy to post the whole, unedited email exchange here if your owner is still not willing to admit fault and let the public judge.
So your saying your going to come on here and attack the owner because he will not come on here and give you a public apology? Now that's a sign of the times. Public humiliation? Was the deal done in public or on these forums? Were you publicly humiliated? I can tell you with absolute honesty that Dana is not going to come on here and publicly apologize. I have already expressed my apologies on behalf of chief and offered to help anyone. If you are unhappy and don't accept, you can demonstrate your disapproval by not doing business with us. Anything other than that is to your discretion.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:12 PM
luge_racer

I'm not attacking anybody, where did I make an attack? I'm relaying my experience with a company who treated me poorly. I, however, am more than willing to make my personal experience even more public as a service to others so they can make a more informed choice in their purchases. I never asked for a public apology, a private email would've been fine; I still have yet to receive one. An apology from you on his behalf would be worthless because you weren't the one who treated me poorly. However, you certainly seem to be trying to misrepresent my experience and my intentions; which makes me wonder if you are doing the same to others. I have not done business with the company that you represent because of this and took my money elsewhere; another company who was more than happy to do business with me.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 PM
PowerBoxDanny

I'm not attacking anybody, where did I make an attack? I'm relaying my experience with a company who treated me poorly. I, however, am more than willing to make my personal experience even more public as a service to others so they can make a more informed choice in their purchases. I never asked for a public apology, a private email would've been fine; I still have yet to receive one. An apology from you on his behalf would be worthless because you weren't the one who treated me poorly. However, you certainly seem to be trying to misrepresent my experience and my intentions; which makes me wonder if you are doing the same to others. I have not done business with the company that you represent because of this and took my money elsewhere; another company who was more than happy to do business with me.
"Dana seems to be at the heart of many customer complaints"

"I would be more than happy to post the whole, unedited email exchange here if your owner is still not willing to admit fault and let the public judge" Sounds like an attack, threat, and then a demand.

I am happy that you received good service from another company and that free market concept continues to work! That's why I love this country. If I am unhappy with this company, I can go somewhere else and have a great experience. It has happened to me countless times. I don't run to the nearest forum and demand apologies, bash the company because we didn't see eye to eye. At this point it does not matter what I say, you are beginning to turn your crosshairs on me by making the statement that I may be misleading others and I have been nothing but polite. Good luck and have a great evening!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:28 PM
luge_racer

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
"Dana seems to be at the heart of many customer complaints"
Hmmm... not an attack at all, just a simple inference based on observation that it seems multiple people have made.

"I would be more than happy to post the whole, unedited email exchange here if your owner is still not willing to admit fault and let the public judge" Sounds like an attack, threat, and then a demand.
Not an attack either, nor is it a demand. However, yes, it could be viewed as a threat; but not to do harm, only to further expose the truth of my attempted dealings with Dana. Are you afraid of the truth?

I am happy that you received good service from another company and that free market concept continues to work! That's why I love this country. If I am unhappy with this company, I can go somewhere else and have a great experience. It has happened to me countless times. I don't run to the nearest forum and demand apologies, bash the company because we didn't see eye to eye. At this point it does not matter what I say, you are beginning to turn your crosshairs on me by making the statement that I may be misleading others and I have been nothing but polite.
Yup, I received excellent service from multiple other companies with my jet related purchases recently; all of which could've gone to Chief. You know what is also great beyond the free market concept? The fact that I can relate my personal experience with companies, good and bad, with many people over the modern information mediums such as internet forums and review sites. I am not "turning my cross-hairs" on you or anybody. I, however, do question your truthfulness. I did suggest an apology in an attempt to open the door to a possible future business-customer relationship, but didn't demand one and now I can see that neither Dana nor Chief Aircraft as a whole care who they offend.

Good luck and have a great evening!
Thank you, and you have a good evening too. However, I might suggest that you have a conversation with the owner of the company that you represent regarding his customer service, or lack thereof.

Last edited by luge_racer; 07-28-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:58 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Frank, I have reviewed the emails, you are seriously elevating this to new heights. When you sent that email, we were at Joe Nall, Dana did not receive the email until the 17th from Steve at the Oregon store. You wanted a quote on an extreme F-15 and build, as a matter a fact I remember Dana asking me because you wanted a build quote and I am the builder. I didn't have time to do the build so I told him I couldn't for a few months. On the 28th, or so there was another email where you said you wanted to come to Chief and browse the shelves. You apparently came across like you were in a hurry and Dana advised where the aircraft was going to come from (Florida), how long it was going to take and he did not want to get involved with a rush build job and neither would I. He thought the best option was to pass on the job because we would have dragged you through a lot of lost time and hardship.

If you have anything I didn't mention, please go ahead and post it so we can get this out of the way. Looking forward to comparing emails with yours!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:48 PM
luge_racer

Since you asked:

Frank Williams May 5
to jetshop

Hello. I'm looking into purchasing a Skymaster F-15. I was wondering what the process is, as it looks like you'd need to order it from the factory. I live in Portland, Or and I was wondering what the freight cost would be, or if it would be possible to pick it up. Thank you.

No response.

Frank Williams May 7
to models

Hello, I'm interested in ordering the skymaster f-15 along with the installed airbrake and Kevlar fuel tanks. I was hoping it would be possible to be able to pick it up. I was wondering what the steps are needed to order. Thank you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Steve Coleman via chiefaircraft.us May 17
to me
Frank, I'm going to forward your request to the jet department for an accurate quote and info.

No follow up from the "jet department".

Frank Williams May 26
to jetshop

Hello, I was hoping I could get a quote for a Skymaster Xtreme F-15 with Airbrake, painted ordinance and Kevlar fuel tank options. I live at:
[address withheld]

I was also wondering if they drop ship from the factory directly to me or if they ship to you first. Thank you.

No response.

Frank Williams May 28
to jetshop

Hello, I was really hoping I could get a build and freight quote for a Skymaster Xtreme F-15 with air brake, Kevlar tanks and ordinance options, shipped to Portland, Or. I have emailed multiple times before with no response and am getting frustrated. I already have quotes from two other dealers but would prefer to keep my money in Oregon. Please respond ASAP. Thank you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
Dana Blix May 28
to me

Thanks Frank
I just returned late last night and have been in the road for a bit.
I'll get you a quite this week

Sent from my iPhone

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Dana Blix May 28
to me

Sorry for the delays
I just read the email complete,
I ship these into Florida and our builder is located there as well.
Just to get the bird is 12-14 weeks, I'll pass on this and let the others? Work this out.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Frank Williams May 28
to Dana

After reading some reviews on Chief Aircraft, thank you for passing. It sounds as if your customer service is severely lacking across the board, not just with me and not just with RC. I will be taking my business elsewhere and passing on my experience to fellow potential customers. Have a nice day.

As you can see, I made multiple efforts to do business with Chief, even after I got quotes from two other distributors. It took almost two weeks to get even a simple response from anybody at Chief, with which I was redirected to a department that didn't follow up to my request (you maybe?). It took a full 23 days to finally get the brush off from Dana. I was fully aware of how long it would take to get the jet to me. But Dana's response shows that he doesn't need, nor want my money or business. The company that did take my business responded the same day to my initial inquiry and had my quote ready within two days, after that it was only a discussion about how I should pay; it was largely the same with the company that I ended up not ordering from as well, but they just didn't have the payment option that I preferred available.

Also, your assertion that I wanted to "browse the shelves" is false. As you can see, I asked if orders were drop-shipped directly from the factory, or if they're shipped to Chief first and if the latter: whether or not I could pick up myself. That is an example of misrepresenting other people's statements.

If I were in a rush I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have waited almost a month to get turned down by Dana before ordering my jet from another source.

-Frank
Old 07-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Pepperpete

When those in business think they are doing their customers a favor by simply answering an email...then thats a bit of an issue.

Danny you have gone above and beyond in this thread to explain and reason with all of us. You obviously care a great deal. I do not know Dana but its also very clear there are issues. Everyone here has been civil and rational in thier posts. It sounds like you are having to deal with the sins of the father.

The problem for me comes down to one thing...you may care deeply about customer service but what if you get fed up and leave (just an example). So does that go back to Dana again then? From the numerous complaints towards him that doesnt sound very optimal. I would much rather there be more reputable dealers than less so Im glad you guys are doing your best to improve the customer service end. I guess time will tell but this thread has been very interesting.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 07-29-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:16 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Since you asked:

No response.

No follow up from the "jet department".

No response.

As you can see, I made multiple efforts to do business with Chief, even after I got quotes from two other distributors. It took almost two weeks to get even a simple response from anybody at Chief, with which I was redirected to a department that didn't follow up to my request (you maybe?). It took a full 23 days to finally get the brush off from Dana. I was fully aware of how long it would take to get the jet to me. But Dana's response shows that he doesn't need, nor want my money or business. The company that did take my business responded the same day to my initial inquiry and had my quote ready within two days, after that it was only a discussion about how I should pay; it was largely the same with the company that I ended up not ordering from as well, but they just didn't have the payment option that I preferred available.

Also, your assertion that I wanted to "browse the shelves" is false. As you can see, I asked if orders were drop-shipped directly from the factory, or if they're shipped to Chief first and if the latter: whether or not I could pick up myself. That is an example of misrepresenting other people's statements.

If I were in a rush I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have waited almost a month to get turned down by Dana before ordering my jet from another source.

-Frank
Well, I don't see anything here that justifies such a long rant about being denied service other than we didn't answer your emails right away. This time period is the busiest time period for Dana and Chief. Travelling to and from Oregon, preparing for Sun and Fun, Joe Nall, and when we get back, we are busy for at least a couple weeks unpacking, restocking and catching up with post show issues and orders at 2 stores in two separate states including a full scale avionics shop and full scale stores. Your original emails were sent during Joe Nall which was from May 7th through the 14th. Right before that, we attend Sun and Fun with a full vendor tent. Then 2 weeks, as I mentioned before, is the aftershock. As you can read, on the 28th, Dana had just flown back to Oregon. By the way, why didn't you call directly? Express your frustration earlier on or did you? Its not on this sequence.

On the 28th, Dana says "Sorry for the delays" (I think that's an apology)
Finally saying "I'll pass and let the others? work this out" (I see a question mark there)

Bad sequence of events and busy time period, Dana not wanting your business? That's a stretch, delayed emails, definitely and now addressed for future orders, we were super busy and I think I read an apology. I also don't think he shoved you off, you said "I have emailed multiple times before with no response and am getting frustrated. I already have quotes from two other dealers but would prefer to keep my money in Oregon"

I would have done the same thing, if you have other quotes already from others, you are frustrated, and you are obviously in a hurry, why wouldn't he not help expedite the process and get out of your way. You were obviously in a hurry.

Pepper, I am not having to deal with the sins of anyone, I am having to deal with people who are just people and some are easier to work with and some just need a little hand holding as my grandfather would say. Comes down to what in your mind is expected and what you are entitled to in this world.

Now that he has posted the emails, I gave a response and in there is the apology from Dana. Thanks for posting the emails Frank!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-29-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 AM
PowerBoxDanny

So to recap this entire thread, the thread was hijacked by a total of 2 major complaints

1. JSF-TC (Which I spoke with and resolved) Thanks Paul!
2. Luge Racer, which I guess is still going to wait for his apology.

Kim Coutuier is a non-related issue that is with Pilot aircraft, FMRR who I don't know what is wrong but hope can help him out and disco ofcourse, throwing in a few sprinkles of goodness! John Smith was a parts issue that was supplied.

During that time we have also had many supporting comments from Raron, Dionysasbacchus, Kevinthoele, Fenderbean, Jamesf91,dubd, yeahbaby, viper1GJ, Dr.Scoles, M3Baker, and Joe Westrich. Not to mention the supporting emails and PM's I have received that are not visible on here. Thanks guys for the support and we will continue to get better to provide this service.

Doesn't seem this company is run based on the accounts of a few. No company out there is going to have a 100% satisfaction rate but as with all businesses, happy customers don't go out of their way to tout their good experience, they just return where unhappy customers need to let everyone know and I understand. We strive to not make these simple mistakes in the future.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-29-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Anyone who has read this thread in his entirety will have a very clear picture, ordering from chief is a coin toss, so your 2 complaints comments is a joke but to be expected from a company that is blinded by their problems.
And 99% of your posts are on the defense of how great and wonderful you guys are always responding with an attack or an excuse.

I used to do over $10,000.00/year in business with chief but that all went to $0.00 after my Krill fiasco (also I love how you want to isolate any incident that doesn't have to do with jets as separate despite the fact that when any problems arises you all say talk to "Dana" who has been proven to be incompetent over and over in this thread.... and he is your boss)

Last edited by DiscoWings; 07-29-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:42 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Anyone who has read this thread in his entirety will have a very clear picture, ordering from chief is a coin toss, so your 2 complaints comments is a joke but to be expected from a company that is blinded by their problems.
And 99% of your posts are on the defense of how great and wonderful you guys are always responding with an attack or an excuse.

I used to do over $10,000.00/year in business with chief but that all went to $0.00 after my Krill fiasco (also I love how you want to isolate any incident that doesn't have to jets as separate despite the fact that when any problems arises you all say talk to "Dana" who has been proven to be incompetent over and over in this thread.... and he is your boss)
Again thanks for your valuable assessment.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I need to know is: DO YOU HAVE ANYMORE AIRTRONICS 94820s???
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you feel you did not receive great service. If you have any other needs with Skymaster, I would be glad to spend some time and regain your business. My apologies on behalf of Chief.
Hi,

That's a great response. I hope this works out for all parties concerned. Let me know what's in stock once the boat arrives. I tried once (with GJC) to do the 'pay and then wait for however long it takes' thing and won't ever do it again after that disaster. I just think it's a lousy business model (for the consumer) so I'll only consider what's available to ship right now or private party.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Steve oh 82

Here is a nice BNF or RTF option at Chief!! http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...-sale.html#l39
Old 07-29-2015, 10:54 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Hi,

That's a great response. I hope this works out for all parties concerned. Let me know what's in stock once the boat arrives. I tried once (with GJC) to do the 'pay and then wait for however long it takes' thing and won't ever do it again after that disaster. I just think it's a lousy business model (for the consumer) so I'll only consider what's available to ship right now or private party.
Roger, actually Shaun we have a 1/5 F-16 in stock, 2 F-14's, A Hawk, A 2M Viper, and a 1/6 F-16

Check out the site. This is the link to the "In Stock goodies"

http://jets.chiefaircraft.com/skymas...le-models.html
Old 07-29-2015, 11:01 AM
luge_racer

Good to see that my decision to take my business elsewhere is continually reinforced by the poor costumer service that seems to permeate through all of chief aircraft. A weak apology for a delay does not apply for the gall of ignoring me for weeks only to act as if I'm not worthy to be given the favor of doing business with Dana. You Danny, misrepresent and attack your critics and try to justify the actions of your boss by focusing on something so small you loose the bigger picture.

"There's an apology, right there, see, he said he was sorry for the delay, so it doesn't matter how you feel about being completely brushed off, that you spent almost a month trying to contact us, because there's a 'sorry about the delay'. So you must be the one with the problem and those other people who complained, well they're trolls and not my problem because I only do Skymaster jets."

I'm done with this thread, because the time I've spent being misrepresented and attacked on here after sharing my story of poor customer service has taken time away from my hobbies, work and most importantly my family. I don't get paid to be abused as I'm sure you get paid for every jet you can fool someone into ordering from chief. Good bye.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Good to see that my decision to take my business elsewhere is continually reinforced by the poor costumer service that seems to permeate through all of chief aircraft. A weak apology for a delay does not apply for the gall of ignoring me for weeks only to act as if I'm not worthy to be given the favor of doing business with Dana. You Danny, misrepresent and attack your critics and try to justify the actions of your boss by focusing on something so small you loose the bigger picture.

"There's an apology, right there, see, he said he was sorry for the delay, so it doesn't matter how you feel about being completely brushed off, that you spent almost a month trying to contact us, because there's a 'sorry about the delay'. So you must be the one with the problem and those other people who complained, well they're trolls and not my problem because I only do Skymaster jets."

I'm done with this thread, because the time I've spent being misrepresented and attacked on here after sharing my story of poor customer service has taken time away from my hobbies, work and most importantly my family. I don't get paid to be abused as I'm sure you get paid for every jet you can fool someone into ordering from chief. Good bye.
No one is abusing you, at any time you could have stopped posting therefor stopped the so call abuse. At no time have I used fowl language, done or said anything I would consider abusive. Thank you again for posting your issue and letting us and the public view it and arrive at their own conclusions!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:01 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

I used to do over $10,000.00/year in business with chief but that all went to $0.00 after my Krill fiasco (also I love how you want to isolate any incident that doesn't have to do with jets as separate despite the fact that when any problems arises you all say talk to "Dana" who has been proven to be incompetent over and over in this thread.... and he is your boss)

So what you're saying is if I make 10 orders with Chief, only 5 will be handled "properly" & in a timely manner?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.