Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thinking of getting a Skymaster Jet? Place your order for the next boat!

Old 07-29-2015, 01:51 PM
jkeze
My Feedback: (36)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I received my VIper this morning after I placed the order 8 months and 3 days. Here is my tale of woe.
Placed the order with Brett on 11/26/14. I was told it was in stock but a day or two later they either called or emailed me saying no it was not. If ordered it the delivery date would be mid February. I thought they would be ok as I live in Michigan and we don't fly our good stuff in the winter. In mid Feburary I called and was told Chinese New Year would postpone it another month to late March. As if nobody knew the New Year celebration hasn't happened every year during this month.
Comes late March and again another delay now late April
Comes late April and again another delay now late May
Comes late May and again another delay. Now they say some 1/5 F-16 are waiting for parts. Meanwhile mine has been done for a while according to Brett. I believe they are just trying to fill up the container with the later orders.
Call again and ship should be leaving in June sometime and take about 4 weeks on the water with another week or two to get off loaded and sent to Chief in Florida.
Was called last week and told the container would be arriving the next morning and mine would be sent our later that day. Looked at my credit card statement and did the math with the deposit I put on it and found shipping a 2m Viper was $450 from Florida to Michigan. Emailed Brett and asked where is the savings. I could have had it sent from china direct for that much probably. Brett emailed me back and that had changed the invoice price of the plane to the new higher price and it also included wing bags for 79 which I didn't order. He told me at first they would take off the wing bags and get them sent back to Chief later. A bit later I received an email telling me they turned the shipment around so they could open the box and take out the wing bags. I wonder how much that cost them to do that.
A side note every time I called and could not speak to Brett I would leave a message with the girl that answered the phone, I never got a call back. I always had to all them.
After they fixed the invoice the final shipping from Florida to Michigan was $183. For about 3-400 I could have had it direct maybe shipment. Not much of a savings with the long delays.
I think for the 100 class size aircraft its best to forget this method of buying. Maybe for the bigger aircraft it might make sense if you are not in a hurry, Maybe chief should think about having the container leave the factory on certain dates with whatever orders are done for customer and fill the rest of the container with planes for stock.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:31 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad we got it all sorted out and the issue of that long delay will not happen again.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-29-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

I was not going to respond anymore, but...hijacked your thread?? All I'm trying to do is get some parts! I paid Chief over 2400 for Turbine ready Dolphin that rolled over and crashed on take off. DANA said in an email, that the jet was sensitive to that if tail heavy, especially on take off. He also say he flies his slightly nose heavy as a result. Tony, at Pilot, says basically the same thing. I made the mistake of saying to Dana in an email that it would have been nice to know that before I flew it. It as at that point things started to go downhill. Subsequent research indicates that the CG might be wrong. Manual says to put up elevator mix with flaps....wrong....both guys say to put 35-40% expo on elevator....not informed about that. As it stands now, I've been blackballed by both. Chief says they won't sell me parts, I have to buy from Tony....Tony won't sell me parts...says I have to buy from Chief.....me oh my...what am I to do?? I've been called " arrogant, a liar, one who seeks attention to myself, a person who doesn't know what I'm talking about ," and more. All over some MODEL JET PARTS! Now, I'm really done. No more correspondence....no more emails. You guys out there make your own decisions about Chief. I , for one, am finished with this ?...
Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Is it true the price can change from the time you pay deposit until the time you pay the rest and you have to pay more? Our was that just a mess up? He didn't say if they brought the price back down.

Is that what i read a couple posts up? Hard to tell. That didn't make sense but wanted to ask.

Last edited by essyou35; 07-29-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:52 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Kim, you didn't CG the plane correctly, period. You are the only person that has had this extreme issue out of all the Pilot Dolphins sold so the CG prescribed is right. What do you think that says. Pilot/Builder error maybe? I myself have flown this aircraft man times and it is a great flying plane, I was tearing up the skies with at at Kentucky jets. You cant get an easier plane to build or fly.

Even looking past the facts that the aircraft crashed after you actually flew a couple times noticing that your CG setting was creating a roll tendency at take off and continuing to take off until you destroyed the plane, Dana offered you replacement parts at cost plus shipping, you then went around him and got a quote from Tony and then came back to Dana and lied about the amount giving Dana a lower number supposedly given to you by Tony. Dana emailed Tony at Pilot and revealed you lied, working one against the other. Tony at Pilot has a real problem with customers who try to work the system. This, guys, is why Tony nor Dana will do business with this guy, not to mention that Kim himself said, he would never do business with Chief again, well the feeling is mutual.

I'm not going to address this issue with your Pilot Jet on this thread, you burnt your own bridge.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:54 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by essyou35
Is it true the price can change from the time you pay deposit until the time you pay the rest and you have to pay more? Our was that just a mess up? He didn't say if they brought the price back down.

Is that what i read a couple posts up? Hard to tell. That didn't make sense but wanted to ask.
If you read the post again, you will see that the factory raised the price and when we realized it, we ate that charge and will address it with the factory. The factory cannot raise the price and pass that on to the consumer that agreed to a price before the cost rise. We will be addressing that issue with Skymaster so that it does not happen again to customers that already agreed and paid a deposit for their aircraft.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:00 AM
Lil Chief
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by jkeze
Well I received my VIper this morning after I placed the order 8 months and 3 days. Here is my tale of woe.Placed the order with Brett on 11/26/14. I was told it was in stock but a day or two later they either called or emailed me saying no it was not. If ordered it the delivery date would be mid February. I thought they would be ok as I live in Michigan and we don't fly our good stuff in the winter. In mid Feburary I called and was told Chinese New Year would postpone it another month to late March. As if nobody knew the New Year celebration hasn't happened every year during this month. Comes late March and again another delay now late AprilComes late April and again another delay now late MayComes late May and again another delay. Now they say some 1/5 F-16 are waiting for parts. Meanwhile mine has been done for a while according to Brett. I believe they are just trying to fill up the container with the later orders. Call again and ship should be leaving in June sometime and take about 4 weeks on the water with another week or two to get off loaded and sent to Chief in Florida.Was called last week and told the container would be arriving the next morning and mine would be sent our later that day. Looked at my credit card statement and did the math with the deposit I put on it and found shipping a 2m Viper was $450 from Florida to Michigan. Emailed Brett and asked where is the savings. I could have had it sent from china direct for that much probably. Brett emailed me back and that had changed the invoice price of the plane to the new higher price and it also included wing bags for 79 which I didn't order. He told me at first they would take off the wing bags and get them sent back to Chief later. A bit later I received an email telling me they turned the shipment around so they could open the box and take out the wing bags. I wonder how much that cost them to do that. A side note every time I called and could not speak to Brett I would leave a message with the girl that answered the phone, I never got a call back. I always had to all them.After they fixed the invoice the final shipping from Florida to Michigan was $183. For about 3-400 I could have had it direct maybe shipment. Not much of a savings with the long delays. I think for the 100 class size aircraft its best to forget this method of buying. Maybe for the bigger aircraft it might make sense if you are not in a hurry, Maybe chief should think about having the container leave the factory on certain dates with whatever orders are done for customer and fill the rest of the container with planes for stock.
Jack, Thanks for your constructive criticism, as I am going to take it that way. We all here know about the unusually long wait time to receive this container. There is no denying that fact; however, we have done everything we can to try and apologize for the long wait time. Many factors, many behind the scene, out of public knowledge contributed to this delay, and for that again we apologize. We are working better and harder to avoid such troubles in the future. As for an FYI for all here the last planes we submitted to make this container was the first week of December. No other orders past that make this shipment. The PO we submitted to Skymaster was confirmed mid December and no order planes could be added. So to say we delayed to best fill a container is false. Have you seen the pictures posted earlier with a half empty container? Once work got started at the factory we did have some customers modify small detail of their planes. Not knowing, on our end, it did end up causing some delays. We know now and have learned!! Now for more direct details about this particular post. For starter again sorry for the small corrections we had to make to finalize this order before shipping to Michigan. Never was the shipping quoted at $450. You did order the plane at $XXXX amount and added a fuel tank. Since that time the factory did raise the price approx. $200. So once your plane landed in the states and it came time to complete the invoice it was shown at the new higher price. The people handling this department do not know of any price chances new or old before processing your payment. And yes, wingbags did get added at the factory, and added to your invoice total. So for a total overage from the new price of $200 and wingbags at $79 + $183 shipping you claim shipping is now $450? Really? You emailed me, slightly after my normal business hours, and I emailed back right away on my drive home. I turned around came back and had the invoice corrected and UPS return the plane so the wingbags could be removed. All said and done this invoice/payment correction was handled that same day, at the agreed lower price with the plane shipped the following day minus bags. Chief thanks you for your business and your post, although a bit misrepresented, but in the end all is spelled out and good to go.....happy flying!!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:11 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

The joys of being in hobby retail! Ruined my hobby, so, went back to just flying them. Feel for you Danny! See you at CC field when the rains stop!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:24 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My honest humanitarian feedback, just edit your response to "thanks for your feedback, and we are very sorry for the delays. We will learn and continue to improve"

Going head to head with a customer who is honestly informing of his experience will never help you.

I'm sure Chief will continue to learn and improve. Build bridges....... not potholes.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
The joys of being in hobby retail! Ruined my hobby, so, went back to just flying them. Feel for you Danny! See you at CC field when the rains stop!
Its all good man! I'll be at the field Sunday!

Thanks Falcon Wings! Hey man, were just making sure we address all the issues and the not so happy consumers. I think this may be a new concept. May take a while to take
Old 07-30-2015, 07:10 AM
essyou35

I figured that would be the case, just wanted to be clear. Auwsome!

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
If you read the post again, you will see that the factory raised the price and when we realized it, we ate that charge and will address it with the factory. The factory cannot raise the price and pass that on to the consumer that agreed to a price before the cost rise. We will be addressing that issue with Skymaster so that it does not happen again to customers that already agreed and paid a deposit for their aircraft.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:07 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I want a 23 day new years celebration… what the hell is wrong with this country!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:31 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I want a 23 day new years celebration… what the hell is wrong with this country!
Yea! It should start on July 4th not in the middle of winter.

I would vote for that!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Steve oh 82

I second..
Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for Jeff Stubbs for President!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

Dana, did not offer me parts at cost...so who's the liar....I did not play one off against the other. I informed Dana I had a quote for a better price than he offered, and was going that way. The price I gave Dana was accurate, to my knowledge at the time. This is exactly why this blew up. The final price offered was over 100 more than I thought Tony gave me after I emailed Dana about getting them from Pilot direct. . I paid for the parts....deal was cancelled by Tony after Dana emailed him.... I am not a liar......For the record, the first 2 flights, the jet rotated by itself, but flew. I set the CG according to the manual. At no time did I accuse Chief or Dana of giving me wrong info....I just said it would have been nice to know it had this tendency. if the CG was correct in the manual, why did they both say they were flying them a "bit nose heavy"? I did not ask for free parts, or even parts at cost....Now, are we done with this? No more distorting the facts......I am selling the parts I have, and moving on. This has been a classic mis-interpretation of emails from the start. ....Sorry I "hijacked" your thread. Thought someone else might be able to fix things.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Bolshoi
My Feedback: (2)

I have purrchased from Skymaster and this is my assessment of the overall situation: We all buy from Skymaster because the prices are reasonable and if you know what you're doing or hire a good builder you'll do fine. What customers might not realize is that there is VERY little $ for the dealer, and they have absolutely no control over what occurs at the factory. To make matters worse, the factory has little to no control over their dealers. It took 9 months for me to get my jet, because he dealer was a crook ( wasn't chief). I paid in full including shipping, Skymaster received $0. Once I contacted Anton directly, everything works out perfectly and quickly.

It really doesn't make much sense to be a dealer under these circumstances, especially when they begin getting "beat up" on these forums. At the same time, it isn't the customer's problem that this is a dubious business model. Skymaster should sell directly to customers online, like set up an Amazon Store which protects both buyer and seller equally. In the U.S. they need only a Marketing presence, someone to demo their jets at the shows, someone who speaks native English that can communicate politely and efficiently via email, at least.

I own jets from most of the major companies and have found customer service to be inconsistent for the most part; and it's because we as customers tolerate it. We love this hobby, jets are an addiction; but really guys, something needs to be done to standardize the transactions in this sport.

Yes I have a humble suggestion. We need to grow this segment of this hobby; MORE $ needs to flow through this business to create the value necessary for real investment to take place. I've found a rather astonishing attitude amongst many jet guys; they want to limit the number of people flying jets, like you have to pay certain dues before you can be part of the club, so our segment of the hobby remains provincial.

Last edited by Bolshoi; 07-30-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 PM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by Bolshoi
I have purrchased from Skymaster and this is my assessment of the overall situation: We all buy from Skymaster because the prices are reasonable and if you know what you're doing or hire a good builder you'll do fine. What customers might not realize is that there is VERY little $ for the dealer, and they have absolutely no control over what occurs at the factory. To make matters worse, the factory has little to no control over their dealers. It took 9 months for me to get my jet, because he dealer was a crook ( wasn't chief). I paid in full including shipping, Skymaster received $0. Once I contacted Anton directly, everything works out perfectly and quickly.

It really doesn't make much sense to be a dealer under these circumstances, especially when they begin getting "beat up" on these forums. At the same time, it isn't the customer's problem that this is a dubious business model. Skymaster should sell directly to customers online, like set up an Amazon Store which protects both buyer and seller equally. In the U.S. they need only a Marketing presence, someone to demo their jets at the shows, someone who speaks native English that can communicate politely and efficiently via email, at least.

I own jets from most of the major companies and have found customer service to be inconsistent for the most part; and it's because we as customers tolerate it. We love this hobby, jets are an addiction; but really guys, something needs to be done to standardize the transactions in this sport.

Yes I have a humble suggestion. We need to grow this segment of this hobby; MORE $ needs to flow through this business to create the value necessary for real investment to take place. I've found a rather astonishing attitude amongst many jet guys; they want to limit the number of people flying jets, like you have to pay certain dues before you can be part of the club, so our segment of the hobby remains provincial.
A few things I would like to respond to your assessment. In our situation, because we are the highest tier for Skymaster, we can do well. Enough for us to absorb all of the freight and pass that savings on to the customer. For some its the only way they are going to buy a jet that costs $1400 to ship and know its going to get here safely. Chief aircraft in the last year has moved close to over 3/4's of a million dollars worth of product just with Skymaster and that was our first year. We did 3 container loads of only Skymaster products and overall saved customers thousands in shipping combined.

Because of this, Skymaster has truly seen Chief Aircraft as a true potential USA stocking dealer with the ability to afford to stock product and we have done well for the vast majority of our customers. 3 container loads, a handful of complaints, I think that's a pretty good record by the way. We strive to make it 0 complaints. We are currently in negotiations to go to the Skymaster factory and develop a more streamlined process so in our case yes, We work closely with Skymaster and Anton and they do the same with us.

I message with Anton almost every night. He is very attentive to the situation and loves to make sure his customers are happy. There is no "dubious' business model and our apologies if we appeared to be so. Everyone here always has the liberty to go and buy direct even though Anton recommends our freight services not only for the costs savings but for the peace of mind that your product isn't going to be damaged by air freighters that have multiple people handling your precious cargo.

I agree 100% with you but I didn't noticed this until I lived a year in Omaha not too long ago how true that "provincial' statement is in certain areas. This hobby is far from provincial so people who think it is need to get over that because they are the minority. As the JPO district VP for my region, I invite and encourage all who have an interest in this section of the hobby to come on by and see what its about and help them decide what's the best route to get into this part of the hobby. Its for everyone who has the skill and the ability to afford it and willing to be safe and have a great time!

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 07-30-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Danny,

I just wanted to say that your last post (#143) came across in a much more sincere and honest manner than many of your previous posts. Some of Lil Chief's posts also seemed to give a more open assessment of the previous situation regarding the delayed shipment.

Nothing can fix the previous issues, but the more recent posts, I felt, went a long way towards an open and appropriate public explanation. Some things need to remain between you and your suppliers., but Chief has to accept the public blame and comments as their representative.

I hope the main points that this thread have raised have been acknowledged by Chief and that they will be taken to heart in the future, with a goal of improving customer service. Whilst you will never satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time, it is a worthy goal.

My F-86 arrived safely the other day. Thank you for a quick turn-around once you received the container.

Best of luck with Chief's endeavor as Skymaster USA.

Paul
Old 07-30-2015, 11:29 PM
Mikey5547

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pilot tw
the length of Mig-29 only 2350mm., but the Su-30 is 3500mm (137 " ) very very big , and the su-30 can not by single turbine, i think the thrust by twin P-160 minimum .,
Hi, sent you a PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:25 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Update!!!!!

As I said I would I am keeping all updated, if you read this post you see where I placed my order back in July,, Danny and the Chief aircraft team stated the plane would be ready around the beginning of November, and then would be shipped to them, where they would receive and inspect it, and then send it to me,,,,Well,,
I got a call from Steve at Chief yesterday asking for the remainder of the payment, informing me my jet has been loaded on the container and will be headed this way. SO as far as I am concerned Chief is on the exact time frame they stated, yesterday was NOV. 5th, they informed me when I purchased the jet would be ready around the beginning of November, which is what it is Just a few more weeks, and I will have it, cant wait, just hope we close on our new house before it gets here... Will update as I go along.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:39 PM
essyou35

That's great to know and update us when you have it in hand so we have hard evidence its true.

It will be awhile now before I order a Skymaster as I just got a BVM but glad to see when I do order the time frame isn't an issue anymore.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raron455
As I said I would I am keeping all updated, if you read this post you see where I placed my order back in July,, Danny and the Chief aircraft team stated the plane would be ready around the beginning of November, and then would be shipped to them, where they would receive and inspect it, and then send it to me,,,,Well,,
I got a call from Steve at Chief yesterday asking for the remainder of the payment, informing me my jet has been loaded on the container and will be headed this way. SO as far as I am concerned Chief is on the exact time frame they stated, yesterday was NOV. 5th, they informed me when I purchased the jet would be ready around the beginning of November, which is what it is Just a few more weeks, and I will have it, cant wait, just hope we close on our new house before it gets here... Will update as I go along.

Check you pm. I got the same email about mine....got an update for ya
Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM
raron455

Originally Posted by Dblex
Check you pm. I got the same email about mine....got an update for ya
Didnt get a pm, rcu prolly screwed up again,,email me please, [email protected].
Old 12-18-2015, 03:52 AM
raron455

UPDATE!!!
So far everything has went EXACTLY as I was told. A few things changed, not sure what Danny's current status is with Cheif, I contacted him after Steve called for the balace payment, he told me he was stepping back for a little bit. He referred me to Dana, who replies to emails very quickly , and informed me of my jets status. My jet arrived and inspected by Chief, Steve then sent me some pictures and the invoice for the domestic shipping from Oregon to Texas, 320$ Danny estimated shipping around 400 when I ordered it, so it was less than that, which is great. After payment Steve sent me the Ups tracking which shows it arriving at my house Monday,,really excited, we just bought our home, I got a 30x30 shop in the back and its ready for the Falcon. , I will post pix when I get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.