Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The Official Jets Over Kentucky DVD trailer

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The Official Jets Over Kentucky DVD trailer

Old 07-24-2015, 11:20 PM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Official Jets Over Kentucky DVD trailer

The DVD is complete and in full production mode, the website should be up very soon, in the mean time enjoy the trailer.

http://youtu.be/z0swTZb22w0

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-25-2015, 05:57 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work there Pat.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:01 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Job! Can't wait to see the whole thing.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:46 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oohhhhh so thats why we didn't see any youtube videos from eliteswat this year... you were were brewing the dvd!

Well thats good; I have one request, make an online paid version or channel where we can see the video online. e.g. $5.99 to watch, you tube has paid channels:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3249127?hl=en

This makes all the sense in this netflix, hbogo world, plus you won't have to deal with production issues!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 AM
P. Richards

Default YouTube Version

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Oohhhhh so thats why we didn't see any youtube videos from eliteswat this year... you were were brewing the dvd!

Well thats good; I have one request, make an online paid version or channel where we can see the video online. e.g. $5.99 to watch, you tube has paid channels:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3249127?hl=en
This makes all the sense in this netflix, hbogo world, plus you won't have to deal with production issues!
I will release a youtube video, with the footage that would not fit the 120 minute DVD, However my priority was to finish the DVD first, and in a timely fashion.
The youtube video will be free of charge, as to not compete with the DVD version. This has been a great experience and a lot of editing, but in the end you will see that it was all worth it.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-26-2015, 12:17 PM
jeteye

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Hi Pat,

We really appreciate your effort to get everything done in a timely manner. The trailer is fantastic; can't wait to see your great work!

Lewis
Old 07-27-2015, 08:03 AM
P. Richards

Originally Posted by jeteye
Hi Pat,

We really appreciate your effort to get everything done in a timely manner. The trailer is fantastic; can't wait to see your great work!

Lewis
Thanks Lewis, this will be my best work so far, the weather was not the greatest, but we made the best of it.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-28-2015, 05:36 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

My 1/4 scale Panther made it on the trailer. That is very exciting for me. Thanks Pat for all the long hard work recording and editing everything.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 AM
P. Richards

Originally Posted by jofunk
My 1/4 scale Panther made it on the trailer. That is very exciting for me. Thanks Pat for all the long hard work recording and editing everything.
jofunk the entire flight is on the DVD, You have done very well with that aircraft building it from plans takes a lot of dedication.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-28-2015, 10:42 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by P. Richards
I will release a youtube video, with the footage that would not fit the 120 minute DVD, However my priority was to finish the DVD first, and in a timely fashion.
The youtube video will be free of charge, as to not compete with the DVD version. This has been a great experience and a lot of editing, but in the end you will see that it was all worth it.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Thanks but I don't think you understand, my questions was if you could release the full DVD on a PAID YOUTUBE channel so people that don't want to order the dvd can pay a fee to watch it on youtube. This would avoid the hassle of having to ship out dvds/blurays.

Anyway thanks for your efforts.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
jeteye

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Final Clean up Yesterday. Thanks again to Eric and Joe for their hard work, and support.

That straw was hard work. Encourage everyone to keep boots in the trailer from now on (LOL)!!!

Grass seen has been planted, and all should be back to normal soon.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	2111501   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	2111502   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2111503   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	2111504  

Last edited by jeteye; 07-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM
P. Richards

Thanks but I don't think you understand, my questions was if you could release the full DVD on a PAID YOUTUBE channel so people that don't want to order the dvd can pay a fee to watch it on youtube. This would avoid the hassle of having to ship out dvds/blurays.

Anyway thanks for your efforts.
I understand and that would suggest that I do YouTube release only, because the difference in price vs producing a DVD would be a lot cheaper, with shipping materials, etc. lots of people have video libraries and they still want a hard copy, maybe in the future, if technology heads that direction we could just do a YouTube pay per view video. We will see how the DVD thing goes and perhaps release part by part on a pay per view basis. I can't' justify doing a DVD for a certain fee and a pay per view fee that's substantially lower.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Old 07-29-2015, 09:31 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pat, I can't wait to order your dvd. You're always a pleasure to talk with on the flight line and put a ton of time and effort into your work. You have earned the right to charge for your service. Money well spent imho.
wingnut, if you want to see the video just order it. Or better yet, turn off your computer attend the event. Your remarks and appreciation for what people do will change if you do.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Pat we all are very appreciative of all the hard work you do out their! Your videos have gotten so good.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 AM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by P. Richards
I understand and that would suggest that I do YouTube release only, because the difference in price vs producing a DVD would be a lot cheaper, with shipping materials, etc. lots of people have video libraries and they still want a hard copy, maybe in the future, if technology heads that direction we could just do a YouTube pay per view video. We will see how the DVD thing goes and perhaps release part by part on a pay per view basis. I can't' justify doing a DVD for a certain fee and a pay per view fee that's substantially lower.
P. Richards aka SwatTeam
All I will say is that you already have a built in audience online and they don't want a video library they just want to watch the videos; plus dvd/blurary cuts out all the people with Ipads, smart phones, even many new laptops that don't have a dvd drive so now you only have tvs and computers with dvd drives. As for the price, yes I'm sure online would be cheaper the online streaming viewer should not have to subsidize the price just for the video library guy... If the video guys wants a hard copy ok pay the hard copy price...

Anyway I have made my case, I appreciate your efforts and may even buy the hard copy, but it would sure be nice if I could just watch it online.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:51 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question is simple. Disco would you pay the same price (example $20.00) for the rights to view it online instead of the hard copy. If so them maybe it would be worth Patrick looking in to offering both. He is set up to DVD for now until the proper set up comes his way. I think everyone has different reason for wanting both media types.

Remember Disco everyone is not as advanced as your are. I know this becuase I read it on the internet.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:26 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Where can I buy the DVD>
Old 07-30-2015, 09:11 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Sean is far from an old fart lol. Hes young and a great builder. One of the few.

Smchale you prehistoric fart, no one consumes media on hard copy any more and this has nothing to do with being compensated simply a fact of being with the times and this trend is backed by the flurry of closures of music stores, video stores globally. It baffles the mind how you seem to insinuate that suggesting an alternative means of viewing is akin to providing content for free.

One day, someone will start selling media this way and it will become the standard, then everyone will start parsing on how great it was. Lets not forget, P. Richards got so good because of all the stuff he put on youtube... So the audience is already there.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:25 PM
P. Richards

Guys Disco and I have discussed this before and I even noticed that SKS has a web hosting service on the website, that allows you to download the video before the DVD is completed. Obviously this will be considered in the near future. It's really all about supply and demand, this is my first time taking on a venture like this, and I can appreciate the work of those who were before me. Now that I have an idea of how long it takes to actually go into full production,
I can finish the work in 2 weeks. I emailed the website builder, so far that has taken the most time, to get up and running. In the mean time I am still cranking out DVD's getting prepared to fill some orders.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam