Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR28X + Powerbox set up picture.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR28X + Powerbox set up picture.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 04:56 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default JR28X + Powerbox set up picture.

Tried to find how to wire it in the web, but found no diagram or pic,so figured it out and here it is:

Using just x-bus. In my way of seeing things having just one rx with a single x-bus cable in a plane is not nice.. so with this setup I can loose either RX or a cable and the plane will keep flying.

I also appreciate the fact of having extra satellites in the small RX.. this is great for big planes and carbon fuses.

This powerbox has one of the latests firmware that includes X-bus dmss protocol.

In the Radio there is a app in a almost hidden screen in wich the X-bus protocol must be activated, Just scroll the system menu to the left and the app will appear. Both powerbox and TX must be activated in X-bus mode.

Even if this is not very intuitive to set and find, I liked this setup...hope this may help somebody.

best regards, Enrique.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0377.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	2113005  
Old 08-05-2015, 11:51 PM
steverobertsuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have a picture to hand but what you have setup is correct. You do need to bind each receiver before you connect them to the powerbox.

Also set the powerbox to serial bus.

In the XBus app on the 28x set it to 'Mode A' and it should all work.

Steve
Old 08-06-2015, 01:30 AM
erbroens

Yes, it works great!! This particular radio and plane were waiting a couple of months for a solution, as the owner and two pro builders didnt knew for sure how to rig it .

They tried to find a diagram or picture in google but couldnt find any info... so they invited me to a coffee at their place, LOL.

I suppose that more people around might have the same doubt, so I took with my cellphone this pic and google+rcu will do the rest.

Last edited by erbroens; 08-06-2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:14 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing to have in mind, is that with that particular Powerbox, you can change the end points and neutral of each servo conected to the Powerbox, and you could also do it from the transmiter, so you have to decide from where those changes will be made.

Regards
Eduardo
Old 08-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does this Powerbox have a xbus output so you can still run multiple channels on one output if you want.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:00 AM
erbroens

Ola Eduardo! como le va? I opted to do all endpoint adjustments and servo matching in the powerbox.. for example the dual elevator servos are plugged in two ports of the powerbox and in the transmitter I use just one channel. I think this is the way to go.

Airman98, guess that not, but could be wrong. Anyway I dont think that you need a x-bus output port in the powerbox, you may use a extra receiver in the plane and use its x-bus port..simple as that. And doing this way you wouldnt need a powerbox at all. You will need to buy x-bus compatible servos or then use the pwm /x-bus conversors for using your current ones.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:19 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

The Xbus JR receivers need to be looked at in exactly the same way as Futaba SBus.
Through the Powerbox it's not Xbus, it's PWM with the number of channels the various PB units support. The Xbus Rx's are only aerials collecting signal, just like SBus. The PB Royal SRS can use Powerbus through PB hubs as Bus /PWM control
Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Enrique

I am doing well, hope you are too. Received my JR28X last week and I am studying it. Plan to use it in all my jets and bigger planes, but first will start using it in my less expensive planes to gain confidence in the programing and in the new RF link. It is an awesome radio, and since the software can be upgraded online, it can only get better.

Regards
Eduardo
Old 08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
erbroens

I think that you will enjoy it Eduardo.. for what I seem is simply one of the best radios available.. programming is easy and in my opinion the fact that you can slap a sattelite in every single corner of your plane makes this RF link as good as possible while using 2.44Ghz.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:16 AM
erbroens

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Through the Powerbox it's not Xbus, it's PWM with the number of channels the various PB units support. The Xbus Rx's are only aerials collecting signal, just like SBus. The PB Royal SRS can use Powerbus through PB hubs as Bus /PWM control

Great info, thanks!