Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 AM
March58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let me say this, it is pretty scary when you've spent thousands of dollars, not to mention you sent all your stuff away and no possible way to track it now. No one to call or email, phones disconnected, web site gone, FB gone. I would hope they can understand someone's frustration no matter who's fault. I cant sit back and wait to see who takes over. One must do what he has to do
Old 08-24-2015, 08:26 AM
sauntson

Originally Posted by March58
Well let me say this, it is pretty scary when you've spent thousands of dollars, not to mention you sent all your stuff away and no possible way to track it now. No one to call or email, phones disconnected, web site gone, FB gone. I would hope they can understand someone's frustration no matter who's fault. I cant sit back and wait to see who takes over. One must do what he has to do

Isnt this clearly the intentions of the person/s responsible?
as I stated and will state again.

Wren did not authorise the website, Facebook, telephones or any of the other acts perpetrated against them. This happened over the weekend past. I have spoken personally to them this morning and have the contact details. I don't feel it would be prudent too publish said details onto an open forum. We have all witnessed what was done over the weekend. What would they do to new contact details. Your hard earned $ are safe. Your turbine also.

However PM, call or Skype me if you wish........

i reiterate, I am not connected personally, financially or in any other way too Wren or Mike and Leonie.
i am a customer of Wren, who travelled to them today for the benefit of others.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 AM
paulinfrance

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=sauntson;12089135]A QUICK RESPONSE while I prepare a full response, I have just arrived back from the unit occupied by "wren" they are still in full activity and I have contact details for those interested. In short

standby, do not PANIC, all is good and if you have a Wren Turbine. YOU WILL NOT BE LEFT ALONE.

PM me or call with a given Number to

01954 210675 no anonymous callers will be answered. If you have legitimate concerns you will not mind giving a contact number.

******* IMPORTANT **********

I am not related, in any way, shape or form too Mike / Leonie Murphy, Wren turbines, any of its suppliers or have any financial involvement other than I own a Wren Turbine which is being serviced in their unit......[/QUOTE

However here is , or more or less the same as you have said,

Well I was surprised to have a phone call on a 'hidden' N°, from Mike and Leonie this afternoon to seehow my new Wren 80i was running and had I had any problems with it, I was very surprised as I had mailed him a few times for the last couple of days to ask for advice on it's installation and running, however Igot no reply's at all which I found unusual for them as they normally mailed me back in a couple of days,,

« Until » he filled me in with their situation, so what did I get 'from the Horses mouth' !,
I won't go into it but just a 'taster 'to chew on, yes their are depts. mainly, of course the gouvernement,the inland revenue etc,, and the biggest ' themselfs ' !,However as his phone call proved he is still personellement sorting out his customers which includes repairs,, if you are in the list don't worry he will honeur his orders and repairs, it may take a bit of time to contact you as ALL of his mails, sites and even his old
Phone N° have been « Hacked » by some unscrupulous partie running on two differant names in this very forum,,,
so DON T belive all you read here,

I won't give any names with their professions as I am hoping that this vindictive personne comes to their senses and clears his messages,

So « wait and see «
Paul

Last edited by paulinfrance; 08-24-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 AM
sauntson

Hi Paul In France

i know the number you are talking about starting 01226. The number I quoted is my personal number for UK and any other concerned customer/client of Mikes.... I had hoped I have made that clear. Sorry if I hadnt

if anyone wants to contact number please call , Skype or PM me. As stated I will not answer anonymous numbers, if you have integrity, you wouldn't mind giving your number out as I have

Personal No. 01954 210675

Last edited by sauntson; 08-24-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:22 AM
paulinfrance

Yes that's it ,,,,,, 01226
Old 08-24-2015, 09:25 AM
sauntson

Thank you Paul for confirming that what I have been saying is true. How would I have that number otherwise?

I drove up up this morning from Cambridge UK to near Burnley (apparently Barnsley) 125ish miles one way.
i have no personal interest in the company or until very recently had even heard of or met Mike,Leonie.

for the record. I Do Not Lie!

in the next few days, I hope to be able to publish further proof of what I have said.

respect Paul

Last edited by sauntson; 08-24-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 AM
sauntson

March58

respect my friend, I have responded
Old 08-24-2015, 09:44 AM
paulinfrance

Yes I also don't have any real interest other than buying a Wren 54 Mk 2 in kit form a long time ago ( over 10 years ? ), and doing a swap + £ for a 80 kero start,
so I also don't have any personnel interest either, other than justice not a just a " private lynching "
Old 08-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Calil

As I said from the beginning some s*hole is doing this just because hates Wren. Facebook (the old official facebook is back). But who knows if that's not part of the hacking? If everything is hacked this facebook might be still under attack and passing false information. But we will keep watching any steps.

Wren is known for doing things right. Despite some opinions here. I believe the new website http://wrenpowersystems.com/ is fake (just check on scamadviser.com).

I have no doubt about Mike and Leonie honor and moral, don't care about the opinion from who hates then. I will stand for them everytime when is needed. Just because is the right thing to do. I have no personal relationship with then since I live in the other side of the world. Just regular business for my turbine.

Right is right. Even when nobody does it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2yjvh53.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	2116501  

Last edited by Calil; 08-24-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by sauntson
again

isnt it these comments which only fuel the situation. Are you absolutely in the loop to know what happened too RB? ie. We're you present?
You could be a relative of RB? We don't know the answer? But I am not casting criticism at you.
I will take your comment of not believing anything I have posted in the vain these things should always be treated. I can prove my position.

Also sauntson is my Skype username feel free to contact me, I have nothing too hide and am even prepared too video conference with you. Then you may be able too make an informed decision

i personally have PM'd some concerned UK residents, I really hope they call. Then they may be able to post and allay some of your concerns
Yes I am absolutely in the loop. I know more than you do. RB is my friend and only less than 20 miles from me. He is a great guy and IMOHO, he was shafted. You may have to drive hundreds of miles to get your information but I don't.

BTW, I am not a shill, most of the guys that hang around here knows "THE GHOST". I've been here since day 1 of RCU
Old 08-24-2015, 10:24 AM
sauntson

Sorry I don't know what a "shill" is

but from your response it is very clear you are biased towards RB and so unable to make an unbiased contribution. Sorry but that how I see it.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:05 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WrenUK
Leonie Murphy here of Wren Turbines Ltd - this post was NOT made by our new company (M & L Precision Engineering Ltd) & looks like details have been "hacked" from our e.mail system.

The Directors of Wren Turbines Ltd & M & L Precision Engineering Ltd will make announcements concerning the new company - in particular concerning the situation on existing order, warranties & engines in for repair/service. For LEGAL reasons we cannot say more. Our website, Facebook page & Twitter account will shortly give all the details.

The Directors of Wren Turbines Ltd know the facts about their business - NOBODY else does. John Wright has not been in the Wren building for 9 years

MODERATOR: Now is the time to shut this thread down
I've read through this thread and if what is listed here turns out to be true I feel for Wren as an Identity Attack can be one of the worst ones to overcome, I work in the IT world for a living so I see these all the time and have have had to help several of my clients come back from this very thing and it can be a long hard battle.

Now, for the RCU "OFFICIAL" stance on this. We are not going to take any sides on this matter at all. We will allow a thread to continue to run, and we won't be dictated to by some people in a thread simply because they think that a thread should be shut down for whatever reason. Unfortunately in cases like some people think that since they "claim" to be the "Official" Wren Directors that would give them the ability to come in here and tell us to shut down a thread. Unfortunately that's simply not the case. Regardless of who anybody is, as soon as a thread is posted in RCU is becomes the property of RCU and is subjected to our RCU Community Rules.

Our rule of thumb here is that we prefer to have a thread run it's natural course and simply fade away over time as people lose interest in the thread. Now that doesn't mean that we won't take into consideration special circumstances, but in those cases the parties involved need to contact me directly and not try to tell the moderators what to do in the open forum. I'll take a look at any special circumstances and if there is a legitimate reason I will close or remove a thread, but those circumstance need to be overwhelming.

Will all that in mind I don't see any reason here right now to do anything with this thread, but rather I think it needs to run it's course. Especially when we consider that Wren's website is indeed down as others are reporting I think it is very important that RCU be a source of information for the RC Jet Community as to what may be going on with this issue right now. So I'm going to leave this thread open and let it keep running it's course.

Ken
Old 08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, When do I get to start talking about myself in the third person?? That would be cool ;-) "the scoles will see you now." Sorry guys, this is reading like a bad soap opera, just need to make light of it… plus, I had a huge cancellation so I'm bored.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Gordon W

Originally Posted by sauntson
I drove up up this morning from Cambridge UK to near Burnley 125ish miles one way.
Paul
A minor point, your mileage is correct, but it's Barnsley, not Burnley (which is a fair bit further away from Cambridge, BTW)

Gordon
Old 08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
sauntson

Originally Posted by Gordon W
A minor point, your mileage is correct, but it's Barnsley, not Burnley (which is a fair bit further away from Cambridge, BTW)

Gordon
the wonders of a satNav...... So I went too Barnsley, thanks lol
Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

All this name calling, he's a good guy, he was mistreated by the company, he did this, she did that talk is just a waste of time.

The REAL issues, probably in this order, are:

I paid for a new engine, am I going to get it?

I sent my engine for repair, am I going to get it back? ....fixed?

My engine has problems, will warranty still apply?

My engine is running fine now but will service/spare parts be available in the future
or will I have to rely on third party service companies & non-genuine (JetJoe?) parts?

No romantics here, I'm not a Wren fan boy, I'm just a consumer who owns a couple of Wrens & I want to know where I stand.

Hopefully the real situation will be revealed soon.

John.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:12 PM
sauntson

Thankyou John

if you read my initial post, your concerns will be answered.

from what I was told .

yes warranty and service will not be an issue, engines ordered will be delivered.
engines in for service / repair will be fixed, including mine.....

I dip my hat to you sir..... All I have tried, including the drive was too bring some reassurance to firstly myself and then others who have not been in a position to find out.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:59 AM
sauntson

Good morning,

I can can now confirm having received an email late last night, that the Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/wren.turbines which was hacked is NOW back in control of the owners.
Any concerned customers or clients are asked to make contact in the short term via the link

I hope this is of help to the masses

Regards Stuart
Old 08-25-2015, 02:51 AM
cmp3cantrj

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
All this name calling, he's a good guy, he was mistreated by the company, he did this, she did that talk is just a waste of time.

The REAL issues, probably in this order, are:

I paid for a new engine, am I going to get it?
Possibly, - assuming that Wren have followed good business practice of having a "customer account" then you should at least get your money back.

I sent my engine for repair, am I going to get it back? ....fixed?
At worst you should get your engine back. It remains legally yours whatever has happened. In the worst case if the liquidator sold it with other Wren assets he has made a mistake and you will have a claim against him, which you can prove easily provided you know the serial number of the engine.

My engine has problems, will warranty still apply?
Legally no. However if MIke wishes to continue in the business then he would be well advised to honour warranties if at all possible.

All the indications that we have suggest that he intends to honour all outstanding warranties. It remains to be seen if he is able to.
One thing is clear however, and that is that the effect that the negative commenters here are having (if any) is to make this less likely.

My engine is running fine now but will service/spare parts be available in the future
or will I have to rely on third party service companies & non-genuine (JetJoe?) parts?
That depends on whether MIke is able to re-establish his business.
As far as parts are concerned most parts should be manufacturable to a reasonable standard by the 3rd party service companies as required (they have similar in-house facilities to Wren). Ancilliaries like fuel pumps, ECU etc are common to other turbines (mainly Jets Munt) and so should remain available - provided Jets Munt doesn't go the same way....

The Biggies are the cast parts like turbine wheel, NGV etc. There are enough Wren owners out there to justify a few batches being made over the next few years at least for the thrust engines. The turboprop and heli engines may be more of an issue.
No romantics here, I'm not a Wren fan boy, I'm just a consumer who owns a couple of Wrens & I want to know where I stand.

Hopefully the real situation will be revealed soon.

John.
Same here - although I have known MIke over a long period of time (since about 98) when he was active in the GTBA. He did keep coming to GTBA meetings for quite a while after Wren started and kept us informed about developments (several years after John Wright stopped if I remember correctly).

Nothing I know personally of MIke would lead me to believe that he would act dishonestly and I am sure that his intentions in continuing in business are motivated only by a desire to support his customers and keep going in the activity he loves.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:00 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have deleted about 25 posts which were a flame war between 2 individuals. If you get a post attacking you please use the report button rather than make an angry response.

As I believe that I know the two people involved I have to say I am surprised and not a little disappointed by their behavior.

Also it is pretty clear that there is at least 2 shill accounts posting in this thread. You know who you are as we do. Please contact RCKen and get this sorted out.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:09 AM
paulinfrance

How do I delete the photo ?, I have tried to 'manage attachments' but can't find 'delete' !
Attached Images  

Last edited by paulinfrance; 08-25-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by paulinfrance
A question for Jetmanuk, are you John Wright, and are you the old webmaster for Wren ?,
and is this your 'slogan ?,
I am John Wright and was one of the original 3 directors of Wren. All the posts I have made are mine and have not been altered by anyone. I do not like Nom de plumes. No I am not the webmaster for Wren

JetmanUK is not me.

John
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM
sauntson

Good evening gentlemen.

Firstly to Paul.
I have faced name calling, threats and personal innuendoes over the past few days. Please do not lower your standards. It does not in any way produce a positive feeling. I hope you understand me.

Secondly, A massive Thank You to all the forum members who have taken the time too call me. I have spent most of the day either on the phone, mobile or emails. I hope you all feel in a small way relieved.

Thirdly, I hope the small amount of help to "Wren" I have tried to purvey over the last few days will shortly come to an end and I can have my account on here deleted, Yipee!

Fourthly, The Owners of "Wren" are now in control of the Facebook Account. And I believe very shortly their new website, email and Phone system will be live.

Lastly and respectfully

A personally thank you to admin, I am sure you have a great forum, however, my only use was to in some small way reduce the stress felt by your members while the Wren situation is ongoing.

Best Regards

Stuart Sauntson ( Cambridge UK )

Last edited by sauntson; 08-26-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:53 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by j.duncker
I have deleted about 25 posts which were a flame war between 2 individuals. If you get a post attacking you please use the report button rather than make an angry response.

As I believe that I know the two people involved I have to say I am surprised and not a little disappointed by their behavior.

Also it is pretty clear that there is at least 2 shill accounts posting in this thread. You know who you are as we do. Please contact RCKen and get this sorted out.

"A Daniel come to judgment, yea, a Daniel!"
Old 08-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Yikes, glad I waited for the K45… Sad to see any segment of our hobby go down, except FEJ of course…. ;-) Somebody else pick them up?
Nice flame, but who cares it's just about FEJ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.