Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:29 AM
sauntson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very kind of the person concerned too keep this topic / thread alive. It is also impressively polite of them, to raise the calibre of such postings by quoting a BRITISH Playwright of OLD. so not only do the British (brits) produce great works of literal genius but also of the same calibre Gas Turbine Engines...... "Wren"

Last edited by sauntson; 08-26-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:02 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Lets bring it down a notch guys.

Any personal attacks will continue to be removed. Honest discussion of the subject at hand is fine as Ken said, but personal attacks and name calling will not be tolerated.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Lets bring it down a notch guys.

Any personal attacks will continue to be removed. Honest discussion of the subject at hand is fine as Ken said, but personal attacks and name calling will not be tolerated.
And you don't consider the post right above yours a solicitation of trouble? Why is it still standing?
Old 08-26-2015, 10:21 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It seems that Ron has the real story of what happened I along with others I'm sure would like to know. IMO Wren could avoided all speculation about what was going on by putting the info out early on and stopped taking orders or engines for repair until the reorganizing was complete.

Last edited by ira d; 08-26-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:55 AM
sauntson

Good evening

to all the Members who have emailed or called, all your details / questions / words of support have been passed onto Mike and Leonie.

As I have posted before, they are again in full control of their FaceBook Page. You can contact them through that. It is a pleasure to have helped forum members get in contact with Wren through this difficult time. Just under two weeks ago, I had never heard of Wren.
the past few days as proven to me, they have an enormous international following.... I have been humbled by all the support, you guys have asked to be passed on. I Know Mike and Leonie appreciate your support and patience

Normal service I am positive will resume very shortly

respect to you all
Old 08-26-2015, 11:00 AM
sauntson

Originally Posted by ira d
It seems that Ron has the real story of what happened I along with others I'm sure would like to know. IMO Wren could avoided all speculation about what was going on by putting the info out early on and stopped taking orders or engines for repair until the reorganizing was complete.
I understand your concern, however from what I beleive they have NEVER stopped trading and so had no reason to stop taking repairs / orders. As for making statements ahead of time, confidentiality is one issue which comes to my mind, had their website, Facebook etc. Not had been hacked / removed etc. I personally very much doubt anyone would have known anything different

regards

Stuart
Old 08-26-2015, 12:51 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by sauntson
I understand your concern, however from what I beleive they have NEVER stopped trading and so had no reason to stop taking repairs / orders. As for making statements ahead of time, confidentiality is one issue which comes to my mind, had their website, Facebook etc. Not had been hacked / removed etc. I personally very much doubt anyone would have known anything different

regards

Stuart
Thanks for the reply, But its interesting that said you don't think Wren ever stopped trading so there was no reason to stop taking orders but before that you said you were positive that normal service would resume shortly. If nothing has changed why
would there be a wait for normal service to resume. But in any case when a business knows there may be a interruption in there operation or service for any reason they should announce it ahead of time IMO.

Last edited by ira d; 08-26-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM
sauntson

Lastly....

over the past few days, I have been told, that members of RCU know me. nothing I have tried to say or do, as abaited this. so here is a link to you tube where I have made a short video for the doubting thomas's.
I hope in some small way, you may understand and I seriously doubt anyone really does know me. I have at present only one account on RCU. It is very much hoped that in a few days my RCU accounts will be reduced too zero

enjoy

Youtube link https://youtu.be/2TNurOUfc40
Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM
sauntson

Thanks for the reply, But its interesting that said you don't think Wren ever stopped trading so there was no reason to stop taking orders but before that you said you were positive that normal service would resume shortly. If nothing has changed why
would there be a wait for normal service to resume. But in any case when a business knows there may be a interruption in there operation or service for any reason they should announce it ahead of time IMO.
I mean normal service will resume, because Wren had no hand in this. Their website, Facebook etc was taken down, hacked over last weekend without any permission of Wren. I have tried hard to make it clear. I think it would be easy and better to read all posts rather than just reading the last.....

I agree with you it is normal practise too announce a possible interuption to normal business. but i repeat once again. from the documented evidence I saw on Monday during my personal visit too Wren. They had no knowledge of the actions that were about to be taken against them. Their website, facebook etc was deleted, hacked and so "How would you have expected them to be able too pre-warn.. I hope this makes it easier too understand.

Last edited by sauntson; 08-26-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: claification
Old 08-26-2015, 01:02 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Lastly....

over the past few days, I have been told, that members of RCU know me. nothing I have tried to say or do, as abaited this. so here is a link to you tube where I have made a short video for the doubting thomas's.
I hope in some small way, you may understand and I seriously doubt anyone really does know me. I have at present only one account on RCU. It is very much hoped that in a few days my RCU accounts will be reduced too zero

enjoy

Youtube link https://youtu.be/2TNurOUfc40
If you click on "My Account" in the upper right corner and the on the Deactivate Membership Permanently you can take care of this yourself.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 PM
ira d

I mean normal service will resume, because Wren had no hand in this. Their website, Facebook etc was taken down, hacked over last weekend without any permission of Wren. I have tried hard to make it clear. I think it would be easy and better to read all posts rather than just reading the last.....

I agree with you it is normal practise too announce a possible interuption to normal business. but i repeat once again. from the documented evidence I saw on Monday during my personal visit too Wren. They had no knowledge of the actions that were about to be taken against them. Their website, facebook etc was deleted, hacked and so "How would you have expected them to be able too pre-warn.. I hope this makes it easier too understand.
I don't see where their Facebook account being hacked had anything to do with them shutting down and as I understand it they already intended to change their website because they were changing the company name.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:16 AM
cmp3cantrj

I don't see where their Facebook account being hacked had anything to do with them shutting down and as I understand it they already intended to change their website because they were changing the company name.
Which was pre-announced on the old Wren website. But for the hacking that website would (presumably) have remained up until the new one took over.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:42 AM
March58

I have finally gotten a email from Leonie that I think is authentic. LOL
Old 08-27-2015, 04:58 AM
ghost_rider

I agree with you. In my humble opinion, there was never any hack. It was nothing but smoke screen/ flimsy and lame excuse. WREN bankruptcy etc was first exposed (Click here ) to the RCU public since the 8th of this month and now they are blaming the purported hacking which they claimed that took place few days ago on everything.

Only time would tell but as it stands now, lots of WREN motors will be showing up for sale. Those that migrated away would never come back or EVER ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND and thing associated with this folks. Again, only time will tell.

From the corn fields of Indiana, Ghost_Rider.........out..............

Last edited by ghost_rider; 08-27-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:02 AM
March58

^^^ Gez, you really hate them don't you??
Old 08-27-2015, 05:21 AM
ghost_rider

No, I don't hate them. I just don't condone what they did. During my tenor here as a Jet Forum moderator, I worked hard to make sure they get equal share treatment.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:37 AM
cmp3cantrj

Originally Posted by ghost_rider
I agree with you. In my humble opinion, there was never any hack. It was nothing but smoke screen/ flimsy and lame excuse. WREN bankruptcy etc was first exposed (Click here ) to the RCU public since the 8th of this month and now they are blaming the purported hacking which they claimed that took place few days ago on everything.

Only time would tell but as it stands now, lots of WREN motors will be showing up for sale. Those that migrated away would never come back or EVER ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND and thing associated with this folks. Again, only time will tell.

From the corn fields of Indiana, Ghost_Rider.........out..............
I don't think your version of events stands up to scrutiny. The liquidation/restructuring was announced on their own blog in the post "from the horses mouth" quite early on.

I can see no reason why they should have hacked their own website/email - it doesn't make sense. Since they are still occupying the same premises as before it seems unlikely that the liquidation would have prevented them from using the old website. If they needed to change the name then that could have been done quickly, easily and cheaply and there would have been no interruption of the service.

As far as "lots of WREN motors comping up for sale" is concerned - well I don't recall lots of RAMs or lots of Simjets or lots of Sophias or even lots of JPXS coming up for sale when those firms left the business. If they do then that is more of a sign that someone thinks they are worth buying! My own recent 44 has had 25hrs of fault free running in spite of being in two write off crashes.

Modelling companies are pretty fragile things. After all the Grand Daddy of them all, Graupner, went bankrupt and was bought out by a partner recently. I wouldn't congratulate yourself in having a non-Wren engine just now Lots of companies that used to be household names in modelling have disappeared - Byron Originals, Yellow Aircraft, Jim FOx Models, Turbofan (David James) the Thorpe Brothers etc etc. Often they are dependent on one individual. Will BVM survive after Bob is too old to carry on? Jets Munt without Gaspar? Jet Central without Jesus Artes?. Plus (of course) the stability of the far eastern manufacturers cannot be taken for granted
Whatever you buy you are only a heartbeat away from being left in the lurch.

On that basis I think that for someone in the UK Wren is still a better choice than any overseas firm because you can take your engine to Mike personally if you are worried. In the US you have a problem - because AFAIK there is no US based turbine manufacturer ((odd that?)
Old 08-27-2015, 07:30 AM
ghost_rider

Originally Posted by cmp3cantrj
.I wouldn't congratulate yourself in having a non-Wren engine just now Lots of companies that used to be household names in modelling have disappeared - Byron Originals, Yellow Aircraft, Jim FOx Models, Turbofan (David James) the Thorpe Brothers etc etc. Often they are dependent on one individual. Will BVM survive after Bob is too old to carry on? Jets Munt without Gaspar? Jet Central without Jesus Artes?. Plus (of course) the stability of the far eastern manufacturers cannot be taken for granted
Whatever you buy you are only a heartbeat away from being left in the lurch.

On that basis I think that for someone in the UK Wren is still a better choice than any overseas firm because you can take your engine to Mike personally if you are worried. In the US you have a problem - because AFAIK there is no US based turbine manufacturer ((odd that?)

Well, JetCat is a US based turbine manufacturer. Also I do have Wren engine.

With that said, I am taking myself off this thread now. The truth is definitely going to surface sooner or later but much sooner than later.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:54 AM
The Bush

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that said, I am taking myself off this thread now. The truth is definitely going to surface sooner or later but much sooner than later.
Ha Jetcat made in USA thats a laugh.

think you just shot yourself in the foot !!!
shows how much you know
Old 08-27-2015, 08:21 AM
jetster81

Well Ghost Rider you have certainly made me laugh,sorry to embarrass you but Jetcat is a German company.

Last edited by jetster81; 08-27-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:26 AM
paulinfrance

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if you go back to 1945 when Germany was under US occupation

Ok I have already gone,,, Auf Wiedersehen Opps,,,
Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 AM
cmp3cantrj

It is very kind of the person concerned too keep this topic / thread alive. It is also impressively polite of them, to raise the calibre of such postings by quoting a BRITISH Playwright of OLD. so not only do the British (brits) produce great works of literal genius but also of the same calibre Gas Turbine Engines...... "Wren"

Jet Cat is a German company. The US operation is just a dealership.
See https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7802911&type=3
if you don't believe me.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:25 AM
sauntson

Good Evening Gentlemen.......

I am humbled and honoured to have emailed and spoken too so many amazing people. The Love and Respect I have seen for Mike and Leonie is clearly without doubt strong. I hope that very shortly, my minacule input into the last week of Wrens Cyber Attack will soon be over and I can return to my life of obscurity.

Today 27-08-2015

This morning I was awoken by a call from South Korea, Not my usual morning wakeup call, the person calling was a very pleasant gentleman, Mr Shim, Apologies if I have written that wrong. we had a 20 minute call and I passed on Mike and Leonies contact details...... Having ended that call, within 5 minutes the phone rang again..... this time it was from Mike and Leonie, informing me that the parts they had been waiting for had arrived and would I like to watch my turbine being upgraded. Well, anyone care too guess my reply? I threw back the duvet and three hours latter (due to an accident on the A1M, not involved) I arrived in BARNSLEY, even my geography as improved this week.
I watched Denis rebuilding my Turbine and was extremely amazed by the attention too detail. I work in the health service UK and am confident he would put most Orthopeadic Surgeons too shame with his preciseness. So I am sure your all waiting for the result. Feast your eyes on the linked Video https://youtu.be/BFLx34hQYLc
whilst talking with the team today. They have been deeply moved by the support shown. So from me THANKYOU for that.

If anyone still is unsure about the intentions of Mike & Leonie. I am prepared to give my full and unwavering support to them. If you have had doubts as to any order or parts / engines. Have confidence, if you cancel. It is your loss. Today as I have said, I have witnessed first hand the attention too detail and passion for RC.

Finally, Ghost_Rider between, Maverick, Goose, Iceman and Mike & Leonie, The pattern is full. May I suggest you spend a little more time walking your sweet little dog. I wish you well.. I think the tide as turned. So now my turbine as been upgraded..... not bad for an eBay purchase CHOI and "I Feel The Need, The Need For Speed" :-)

GOODBYE!

(I will leave my account active for one more week. my email is [email protected] if you email me direct, it will save me having too keep logging in, also and I know its going to be hard for some too understand, I have my medical career to get on with.

RESPECT

Last edited by sauntson; 08-27-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 AM
paulinfrance

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only hope that I get a video with mine running like that,,, if not do I ring at 3 in the morning and tell him I am in China,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.