Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren Turbines UK Ltd - Meeting of Creditors Liquidation Notices - Section 98

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:01 AM
bluescoobydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about my new wren 100 what is the best way to contact wren?
Old 08-27-2015, 11:45 AM
March58

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo

Your kidding right??? LOL
Old 08-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
Facebook page has this announcement and it's been up since the 24th - but as of 5 minutes ago, still:

MIKE & LEONIE MURPHY OF WREN TURBINES LTD ADVISE THAT THEIR WEBSITE, FACEBOOK PAGE, E.MAIL SYSTEM & PHONES HAVE BEEN COMPREHENSIVELY HACKED.
PLEASE SEND YOUR URGENT MESSAGES TO THIS SITE UNTIL OUR NEW WEB SITE & E.MAIL SYSTEM IS ESTABLISHED. BUSINESS IS CONTINUING AS USUAL.
WATCH THIS PAGE FOR REGULAR UPDATES
THANK YOU.

So anyhow, you could send them a note via FB or see their contact phone number listed there on the site. Apparently they have it back under control.

I guess General Motors, Chrysler, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, American Airlines, or any other number of business that have gone chapter 11 had their day in the fish bowl too. I do have a feeling the people who make up the former Wren will be providing service and expertise to the model community again. These engines will again have service and support. Comments by some who say these engines now have no value or that everyone will suddenly sell their fantastic engines for pennies are ignorant, cheap shots and childish. It is unfortunate what has happened financially. However, the Wren54 base was what founded the current generation of high power, low fuel consumption and light weight turbines. I am sure in many ways the Wren people will continue to innovate and serve the model community.

Last edited by Eddie P; 08-27-2015 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-27-2015, 01:19 PM
sauntson

Originally Posted by Eddie P
Facebook page has this announcement and it's been up since the 24th - but as of 5 minutes ago, still:

MIKE & LEONIE MURPHY OF WREN TURBINES LTD ADVISE THAT THEIR WEBSITE, FACEBOOK PAGE, E.MAIL SYSTEM & PHONES HAVE BEEN COMPREHENSIVELY HACKED.
PLEASE SEND YOUR URGENT MESSAGES TO THIS SITE UNTIL OUR NEW WEB SITE & E.MAIL SYSTEM IS ESTABLISHED. BUSINESS IS CONTINUING AS USUAL.
WATCH THIS PAGE FOR REGULAR UPDATES
THANK YOU.

So anyhow, you could send them a note via FB or see their contact phone number listed there on the site. Apparently they have it back under control.

I guess General Motors, Chrysler, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, American Airlines, or any other number of business that have gone chapter 11 had their day in the fish bowl too. I do have a feeling the people who make up the former Wren will be providing service and expertise to the model community again. These engines will again have service and support. Comments by some who say these engines now have no value or that everyone will suddenly sell their fantastic engines for pennies are ignorant, cheap shots and childish. It is unfortunate what has happened financially. However, the Wren54 base was what founded the current generation of high power, low fuel consumption and light weight turbines. I am sure in many ways the Wren people will continue to innovate and serve the model community.

OUCH! This wall I'm hitting my head in is beginning to hurt.

website - down

telephones - down

email - limited

Facbook - under control of the owners, messages only (no phones as above)
Old 08-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Just an observation but here goes.

If your head hurts, then perhaps stop bashing it. Just a suggestion. That tends to be what I tell my 8 year old anyway. Solution works great, lasts a long time Ha ha... hey, they probably covered it pretty well on their message, as listed. And if their phone is down, it will be pretty obvious too. but they are taking messages so that probably will do for most.

Cheers my friend. Everyone fly safely and have fun out there.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm no inter web genius, but how do all of those things get "hacked." Your phone number? You'd have to REALLY piss someone off for them to take the time to hack every single form of communication you possess. Even then, said pissed person would be a team, because they would have to be an expert in a lot of disciplines to shut you down that well. not buying it.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

because they would have to be an expert in a lot of disciplines to shut you down that well.
Very easy when you have all the passwords.

not buying it
Your choice, but it is what has happened...
Old 08-27-2015, 09:27 PM
paulinfrance

[QUOTE=Nige321;12091034]Very easy when you have all the passwords.

Especially if you worked for them or build their web site.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Gordon W

Originally Posted by sauntson
<snip> I arrived in BARNSLEY, even my geography as improved this week.
Glad to be of help

And I'd also like to add my thanks for all your efforts in clarifying the situation.

A small reminder, as you appear to be new to jets: no doubt Mike has told you this, but I'll mention it anyway. When you get your lovely engine back home, the first thing to do is to align the ecu with the Tx throttle stick. The instructions are in the manual of course. What made me think to mention it is that the Wren test stand throttle box we saw in your video will have different end points for low and full throttle from your Tx. I found this out in embarassing fashion after fitting a recently serviced Wren 44 Gold (I have 3 of the little beauties) into my Nano Boomerang for its first post-service flight. In front of several club members, I found that the plane had insufficient thrust to take off from our grass strip. The engine had started very smoothly as expected, and it was only after much fumbling around I noted that the max rpm was down at 185k rpm instead of the 195k rpm it should have been. Then a bit more head scratching made me remember to do the ecu/throttle stick alignment, following which 195k rpm was attained, and the plane soared into the air for 6 consecutive glorious jet aerobatics-filled flights.

I wish you many happy hours flying with your engine, and will say again, many thanks for setting our minds at rest.

Kind regards

Gordon Whitehead

Last edited by Gordon W; 08-28-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2015, 08:27 AM
sauntson

Originally Posted by Gordon W
Glad to be of help

And I'd also like to add my thanks for all your efforts in clarifying the situation.

A small reminder, as you appear to be new to jets: no doubt Mike has told you this, but I'll mention it anyway. When you get your lovely engine back home, the first thing to do is to align the ecu with the Tx throttle stick. The instructions are in the manual of course. What made me think to mention it is that the Wren test stand throttle box we saw in your video will have different end points for low and full throttle from your Tx. I found this out in embarassing fashion after fitting a recently serviced Wren 44 Gold (I have 3 of the little beauties) into my Nano Boomerang for its first post-service flight. In front of several club members, I found that the plane had insufficient thrust to take off from our grass strip. The engine had started very smoothly as expected, and it was only after much fumbling around I noted that the max rpm was down at 185k rpm instead of the 195k rpm it should have been. Then a bit more head scratching made me remember to do the ecu/throttle stick alignment, following which 195k rpm was attained, and the plane soared into the air for 6 consecutive glorious jet aerobatics-filled flights.

I wish you many happy hours flying with your engine, and will say again, many thanks for setting our minds at rest.

Kind regards

Gordon Whitehead
Dear Gordon

Thank you for your kind words. I don't think I could add anything that I have not already posted. Yes his Lordship Mike had offered to bind, and setup my TX, however, "Note Too Self" I didn't check the Rx + Satallite..... I'm not going to bore you with the details . Anyway thank you I have been sent said manuals and as is my way, I always check.

best regards

Stuart
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 AM
paulinfrance

I got the 'quick-start guide' with my 80i, and it's all on page 2 it takes 30 seconds to read and another minute to program it couldn't be simpler,,
Old 08-28-2015, 08:37 AM
cmp3cantrj

Originally Posted by paulinfrance
I got the 'quick-start guide' with my 80i, and it's all on page 2 it takes 30 seconds to read and another minute to program it couldn't be simpler,,
The info you need is in the Xicoy ECU manual which remains available on the web regardless of the situation at Wren.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:43 AM
cmp3cantrj

Originally Posted by Gordon W
Glad to be of help

Kind regards

Gordon Whitehead
Yes its amazing how much of the thrust only comes in with those last few 1000rpm. I have HoTT/Xicoy telemtry adapter on mine and because the Xicoy device and the Graupner radio seem to have a little trouble with each other I managed to accidentally reset the max rpm parameter down from 195 to 192 - In that configuration my normally 156mph+ plane had trouble getting past 100mph
Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 AM
sauntson

Excellent, it would seem my intentions here have come to an end, too bring some solace and information to the fellows unable to make contact with Wren, they now have a website Facebook and even a telephone number.

with this in mind. I am now out of here! You have my email,address my account is about to meet defcon 1 so thanks for the guys who didn't send abusive messages. for all the others who found the info is use. Your welcome.... If you considered, considering not getting a Wren turbine. I've a,ready stated my view. " your Loss"

bye
Old 08-30-2015, 03:38 AM
March58

You have a link?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:01 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wren Facebook page link https://www.facebook.com/wren.turbines?fref=ts

Taken from the FB page

E.MAIL ADDRESS: info[AT]wrenpowersystems.com