Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend vs BVM F16 comparison

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend vs BVM F16 comparison

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 10:45 PM
izzy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is one picture i found online for the BVM version
Old 08-20-2015, 03:49 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeap. Good wood selection, nice thick and filleted bond seals, clean epoxyglass work.......typical JL construction (top notch!)
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the comment on mine ... love mine and I'm sure you will love yours, JL or BVM. They fly GREAT. I had similar inspiration after seeing Sean's Arkansas ANG scheme one.

If I did not know and trust BVM did they did not attend the events that I typically go to it would be a major factor in my decision making as well. Your decision making certainly makes sense to me, especially with all that's known now in your situation.

Not long before I made the purchase decision I had a chance to buy a new JL "PNP" version from a US source and the price was $6500. It was on display at E-Week last year at Triple Tree (where Joe Nall is held) so many others probably saw it as well. I don't know why but it had the wing retension screw access holes on the top of the wings which was a show stopper for me. It was the first and only JL that I personally have ever seen so my ability to truly compare with confidence was limited. The airframes are more known now and the PNP prices are perhaps different as well.

In the end, at that time I felt the $1000 or so difference in price for the testing and assurance of the quality and integrity of the airframe along with the availability of parts to be worth the difference. It has worked out well for me.

JS

Originally Posted by izzy
Jamie ,
first of all its your F16 that gave me the "need" for a F16 , until now did not want one
the element of PNP increases the amount by quite a bit and for those that dont have time or dont want to build thats great , and I am all for it ,
but taking into consideration that i also get enjoyment from the build , i tried ontactacting BVM to maybe get the kit and retracts ,(however they dont sell it except PNP)
If I was living in the US , and had BVM support my decision might have been like yours , but living in a small country where neither planes have support and basically we are on our own to communicate with either manufacturers ,
paying an additional $ 3000-4000 for same model ( or very similar) seem dis proportionate IMHO

so back to step 1 .......

thanks

BTW Haters have nothing to do with it , just some logical sense