Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What's the poop ?? --- " The new FEJ "

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What's the poop ?? --- " The new FEJ "

Old 08-23-2015, 11:55 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Wow,

Honestly, I can't even start to imagine why ANYONE with half a conscience and a quarter-brain would not only take the chance, but support such loathsome, slimy and dishonest businesspeople. Really, what does a company have to do before people decide not to get tangled up with swamp-dwellers? I wouldn't care if they proved to my strictest satisfaction that their jets were top-of-the-line.... just by posting bold-face LIES, fake polls, deliberate smearing of people who've fallen victim to their Zero Research and Engineering policy and "It's the Chinese New Year" BS.... I'd never do business with them. Think about it... would you take your car in for service to a mechanic who had a long-standing, well-earned and well-documented reputation for having zero scruples and an 'all is fair in love and war' attitude toward doing business? No, you probably wouldn't--even if he was advertising really low prices.
Well Chinese New years as it pertains to delays at the factory are not BS. Anyone who has dealt on the dealer side of Skymaster knows this to be true. Our planes are made to order and not sitting on a shelf. Everything else I agree with.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 08-23-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:25 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
Mario,
Ask the pilot of the Honda Hawk how well it flew after the canopy hinged sideways on takeoff at the New England Jet Rally last weekend. I was next in line to takeoff and had to return to the startup area while they cleaned up the mess.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Was it a total loss? Are you sure it was that Hawk, & that pilot?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Jay, it was a total loss saw the event with my own eyes, truly a sad sight to see. The pilot was distracted from his normal routine and said he forgot to latch the canopy.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:30 PM
BlueBus320

Wow, that's horrible! Hate to see things like that happen to such a great guy. The good thing about this hobby is that you clean up the pieces & walk away from the accident. I wouldn't buy an FEJ Hawk, but must admit I was impressed with that one's flight performance.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Don/Jay,
I did not realize that the canopy opening upon takeoff was due to a pilot oversight, not the fault of FEJ. The Hawk was impressive in its earlier flights and accept my apologies as offered. So sad to lose such a nice model due to this action.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 08-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

Can someone explain to me why my post was removed?? I do not believe it was in violation of any RCU policy. Did I rub a new sponsor wrong or something?
Old 08-23-2015, 07:21 PM
BlueBus320

I'm not sure exactly why it was removed, but it was very abrasive, insulting & implied the guys who may have decided to purchase this plane with the intension of reengineering it did not have a complete brain..lol Not sure if that's why it was removed though.

Before the Skymaster was available, this was a huge plane (skygate/tomohawk size) available for a fraction of the price. I believe it could possibly be reengineered & made safe, if one competent builder decided to embark on that endeavor. This one flew great, & Mario has found continuous success as far as I know. Now that SM is available though, I think the choice is obvious..IMO
Jay
Old 08-24-2015, 04:29 AM
cygeoponos

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
Alternative, Skymaster Hawk. 1:3.5. No wing blow up, no elevator separation in flight!
Are you sure about it?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	202.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2116421  
Attached Images  

Last edited by cygeoponos; 08-24-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Bam! What size Hawk was that? skymaster?
Old 08-24-2015, 06:54 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by cygeoponos

Are you sure about it?

That is definitely not the new Large Skymaster Hawk. It has not been released yet. The Skymaster hawks are some of the most successful airframes out there with many of them flying to this day! It is one of the "go to" planes and if there have been any ongoing issues with the airframe, I have not heard of any here in the US. Having said that, no factory is perfect and this is not only in this hobby but in any business. What we are talking about here is what Shaun has stated, this company has been producing airframes that have been proven not only by X-rays that show blatant disregard for quality but also unacceptable customer service to all of its customers. Even under tremendous pressure and issues with repeated parts failing, this company has danced and lied their way around reality until the market showed its not acceptable and somewhat put a stop to it. Skymaster in no way adopts this method of doing business and even though not perfect, understands this type of behavior will not succeed in this market and works to make their customers happy by not hiding and posting pictures of pretty airframes but facing the issues, creating fixes, using sound technology proven over time and in cases needed, replacing parts and airframes with little difficulty to the consumer. I chat with Anton a few times a week and he tells me all the time, "make customer happy". He is critical and cares about his customers and how people see his products. Not everyone will be completely satisfied in all cases as with any other business but Skymaster definitely does a superior job in comparison and that is why we at Chief decided to partner up with Skymaster over the other companies.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 08-24-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:33 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cygeoponos

Are you sure about it?
What exactly is that supposed to be a picture of? It looks like a charred leg of a patio chair to me, and the second picture I can't even make out.

If you have something to say, say it, don't post innuendo!

Bob
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

I noticed that also and had same thought.

No different here in USA...look at Enron, crash or 2008 with morgages. Millions lose out but the people causing the problem live on very happy and well off.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Danny,

I've been aware of the Chinese New Year (business-wise and culturally) for a long time, but with some of these outfits, it's used like magic words to explain everything but the Chicago fire. That's a heck of a party when it turns a 12-week quote into a 11 month turn-around.
Roger that but its never 12 weeks, its more like a week for them to put the order in the que, 12 to 14 weeks to build the plane and in our case, another 3 weeks on the boat and that's in ideal conditions with the factory running at 90% or better. Also, as far as their long holiday,it's what happens when they get back to regroup and get the ball rolling again. If you have been aware for a long time, then you should know that it spans way beyond a month long party to get back to speed. Man I hope no one has had to wait 11 months! That a very long time. You have to think though, if everyone claims that's the reason, maybe its because its not an excuse but a reality? Maybe? For us it's not an excuse but a fact and if the delay happens around that time of the year well, there you have it. Now if you order your aircraft in April and it takes 18 months, well then something aint right!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:46 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I have removed a number of posts from this thread.

The posts were either straight manufacturer bashing or just not contributing to the thread.

Also can I remind all that competing manufacturers and their agents are not allowed to post in threads about competitors products.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Shaun Evans

Mr Dunker,

Did you see my comment regarding competitors? I see you deleted the comment, but didn't acknowledge the correction.... Are you still deleting me as a 'competitor' because of my PAST affiliation with Y/A? If so, would you mind posting (or, if you're more inclined, PM'ing) me that RCU rule?