Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The All New TJ-20 from PBS Velká Bíteš

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The All New TJ-20 from PBS Velká Bíteš

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim,
I recently heard some chatter about an upcoming TJ-23 turbine. Can you post the details, availability, and release date?

Tom
Old 02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have my interest, please keep the info coming.
Jay
Old 10-23-2016, 03:22 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Today I tried to start this turbine for the first time and kept getting error message. It turns out it has a bad plug according to the massage. This was on the first try of a brand new turbine. Now what do I do?

I would appreciate any help.

It's been a very rough year
Old 10-23-2016, 07:09 PM
CobraJet

I was really interested in this engine but after dead silence since late last Dec from the rep, I decided to pass. I hope you can figure out what's wrong with yours, hopefully it's a setting somewhere...
Old 10-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Seems they are made to order and if you willing to risk it go for it. The parent company PBS is making a newer version of the old TRS-18 from Microturbo built in the 1970's?? and it's main claim of fame was it was used in the Bd-5J. I have talked to them for maybe 5+yrs and i have never found them to be worth it but i could be wrong.

http://www.minijets.org/index.php?id=58

They also use the engine in the http://www.sonexaircraft.com/subsonex/ airframe.

Regards,
Old 10-24-2016, 01:29 AM
EDFCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_MAN
Today I tried to start this turbine for the first time and kept getting error message. It turns out it has a bad plug according to the massage. This was on the first try of a brand new turbine. Now what do I do?

I would appreciate any help.

It's been a very rough year
I tried to start a brand new one over the weekend and its also not starting properly. All settings as per the manual but all i get is a small flame when starting, then it all fails towards the end of the ramp up. I did eventually get one successful start out of about 40 attempts.

Anyone know what the issue might be?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Which version is it? Does it have the ECU under the cowl. If so has it had the upgrade to the engine and software?
If the answer is yes then probably a bad battery is the answer.
John
Old 10-24-2016, 06:55 AM
EDFCrazy

Its was the new version with ecu and pump under the cowl. I don't think its battery as i used three different ones and one of them was brand new 3s lipo 4400 mah turnigy graphene pack, the starts were the same with all three batteries, all were fully charged.

Is there a software upgrade on the new TJ20A engine? Any other upgrades?

Last edited by EDFCrazy; 10-24-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

RC MAN, my telephone number is in this thread. Why don't you try calling me first before writing stuff like this in an open forum. Once again , 219-688-3984. Who is this and where/who did you buy the motor from?

Tim Redelman.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:00 AM
shooz01

I have 82 runs on mine without a single issue. Best turbine i have ever owned

Brad Long
Louisville, KY
Old 10-24-2016, 11:08 AM
mwarner

Hey Peter

Tim will get you sorted out. I have 3 of these engines a TJ20 and two TJ23's. the TJ20 is in a rebel pro and has about 80 flights on it while one of the 23's is in the 1/5 plug and play F-16 with about 35 flights. no problems with either engine.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:45 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Did you guys ever figure out what the starting dilemma was?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a long conversation with Tim. So far no luck. I give him credit for trying hard.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM
CobraJet

RC_MAN,
Hope you can figure it out soon. It seems like a nice, well designed engine. I remember something in an earlier discussion about a loaner engine being made available in the US? Is this an option till your engine gets sorted out by the rep?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

In all reality this is why nobody reads RCU anymore. Judge Jury and Exicutioner before anyone is contacted outside of this forum.

I talked to Pete last night and I will get his problem solved in as short amount of time as I can. The starting procedure is a little different than most engines. I wanted to make sure Pete was doing it correctly and it appears he is. He also bought the engine from Lubo who is not involved anymore.

Pete said he was waiting for him to contact him and he would have waited forever. Without getting into particulars I WILL make sure he has a working engine in short order.

Tim Redelman

crazy edf guy contact me properly and I will help you as much as humanly possible.

Last edited by Tim Redelman; 10-25-2016 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:38 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Awesome amigo, I can't wait to add this engine to my stable.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:23 AM
JohnMac

Originally Posted by Tim Redelman
In all reality this is why nobody reads RCU anymore. Judge Jury and Exicutioner before anyone is contacted outside of this forum.

I talked to Pete last night and I will get his problem solved in as short amount of time as I can. The starting procedure is a little different than most engines. I wanted to make sure Pete was doing it correctly and it appears he is. He also bought the engine from Lubo who is not involved anymore.

Pete said he was waiting for him to contact him and he would have waited forever. Without getting into particulars I WILL make sure he has a working engine in short order.

Tim Redelman

crazy edf guy contact me properly and I will help you as much as humanly possible.
My engines were factory upgraded last year to resolve a couple of issues. One of these was tricky start up procedures. With the upgrade the engine satrts in the same way as any other engine, just faster.
There was a problem with deceleration on the engine at one point. They replace several items in the engine to solve this. The engine has awesome power and rarely gives any problems now. I have had a start problem but this proved to be a poor (albeit) brand new battery.
Sad that dealing with PBS was not straightforward.
John
Old 10-29-2016, 10:02 AM
EDFCrazy

Originally Posted by Tim Redelman

Hi, my start problem seems to be solved. The fuel nipple wasn't at the top of the engine and now that it is, it starts perfectly. not sure if this has been solved or needed to be solved on 'newer' versions? will see how she performs now in the air. Hopefully the engine will run perfectly.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 AM
EDFCrazy

Originally Posted by JohnMac
My engines were factory upgraded last year to resolve a couple of issues. One of these was tricky start up procedures. With the upgrade the engine satrts in the same way as any other engine, just faster.
There was a problem with deceleration on the engine at one point. They replace several items in the engine to solve this. The engine has awesome power and rarely gives any problems now. I have had a start problem but this proved to be a poor (albeit) brand new battery.
Sad that dealing with PBS was not straightforward.
John
Is yours the new 20A version with everything under the cover? my engine is about a year old so hopefully there aren't any upgrades that are needed?
Old 10-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

"Judge Jury and Exicutioner before anyone is contacted outside of this forum."

A forum is just that, an area where groups of people are about to converse about a topic. Now if that conversation is detrimental to a product then it seems forums are a bad place. Now if that forum is positive then that is something completely different.

Everyone has agendas, look at anyone who posts blindly about a product they represent and in some cases it is just end less promotion good or bad.

Now to say everyone is leaving this forum and no one reads it anymore seems to be a common statement yet people are still here. FB has made a big impact and it is is just a natural progression not some huge run from RCU. And again the private FB setups seem more to do with marketing skills and product than open info. Good or bad that is up to the individual.

I was on this forum for yrs and then left about 8 yrs ago and I have just come back, I see some of the old issues but more so the never ending marketing of products by reps. But never the less it is still a great spot for the good, bad and ugly.

A good product never needs marketing, support yes. It looks like you are trying to offer that and it should ultimately be good for the brand. The only issue i see is that PBS is making RC turbines as a side line and could be an issue.

Regards,
Old 10-29-2016, 11:54 PM
JohnMac

Originally Posted by EDFCrazy
Hi, my start problem seems to be solved. The fuel nipple wasn't at the top of the engine and now that it is, it starts perfectly. not sure if this has been solved or needed to be solved on 'newer' versions? will see how she performs now in the air. Hopefully the engine will run perfectly.
On all the engines that passed through my hands all had the nipple at the top and the instructions made it quite clear that this was mandatory.
All the engines I have had were the 20A variant.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 PM
hboost
My Feedback: (15)

Who is now the PBS rep in USA?

Thanks,
Old 06-25-2018, 07:03 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a sales office in the Atlanta, GA area that I’ve reached out to previously. I’m not aware of a rc jet “rep” but would be interested also in hearing if there is one.

Really like my 230N PBS!

JS
Old 06-25-2018, 07:27 AM
siclick33

Unless I am mistaken, my understanding is that Velka Bites no longer manufactures turbines for model use (at least not the TJ-20) so I would be surprised if there were any sales agents.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:47 AM
hboost
My Feedback: (15)

Thank u! I just called them and left message to see if they can service them at that location
Also I am having an issue with the start sequence. Once you throttle up and down to iddle to start the engine, the starter motor does not engage until 30 seconds after causing a fail start because the sequence last more that 60 seconds.
Anything on how to fix this?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.