Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jr dmss

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jr dmss

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 03:15 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
To say that the JETI is the best radio for Jets is a wild opinion being that the vast majority, and I mean the VAST majority fly either JR or Futaba in their Jets.
Danny, I'll give you that many jet flyers fly Futaba many more fly Spektrum but, you are being delusional if you "think" they are flying JR. Unless of course you include the JR12x as many still fly with it.

Anyway, the only reason that I brought Jeti up in this thread is because the OP mentioned that he wanted turbine telemetry. JR DOES NOT offer this.

Mike
Old 09-13-2015, 03:32 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been accumulating time on my 28X with my warbirds and found it to absolutely fantastic . i love the Xbus stuff . i'm not a spek guy so i don't miss all the radio chatter you get while flying. Mine has been rock solid . i have a XG8 as well and it works perfect as well. I'm not a radio expert but i can say i really feel they are more positive on the sticks compared to the 12X i was using. I sold all my DMSX stuff and jumped over to the DMSS setup and i'm glad i did .
Old 09-13-2015, 03:43 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Danny, I'll give you that many jet flyers fly Futaba many more fly Spektrum but, you are being delusional if you "think" they are flying JR. Unless of course you include the JR12x as many still fly with it.

Anyway, the only reason that I brought Jeti up in this thread is because the OP mentioned that he wanted turbine telemetry. JR DOES NOT offer this.

Mike
Not delusional by any means. I work with many jet pilots on a daily basis as I work at Chief Aircraft, Skymaster USA and Jet Pilots organization District VP. I am talking about all JR product including the 12X. I am also talking about in comparison to the JETI as it pertains to jets. The issue is that JR will soon have the telemetry for jets and then what? Also, the 28X just came out less than a year ago. JETI has been out for a little while now. I think time will tell what radio will be the go to radio for jets. I know a few years ago it was the 12X and always been JR servos.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:48 PM
jofro

Originally Posted by felker14
This made smile. My vote for best quote of the year.
+1 for the quote.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:03 PM
luv2flyrc

Not delusional by any means. I work with many jet pilots on a daily basis as I work at Chief Aircraft, Skymaster USA and Jet Pilots organization District VP. I am talking about all JR product including the 12X. .
If we are including the 12x , you and I agree Many jet pilots do still fly the 12x but, that is Spektrum RF technology. Many jet pilots do not fly DMSS, I'd venture to say that more actually fly Jeti even though it is a small player as well.

If JR comes out with telemetry for jets soon, that would be great and would help their sales but, DMSS has been out for a while now with no sign of anyone supporting turbine telemetry. Gaspar said on this very forum that he did not have a DMSS compatible turbine sensor in development because no one was asking for it.

My point is that right now, JR is miles behind in the telemetry game and that point is very hard to argue.

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 09-13-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:21 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

Danny
Well you might have a tomcat whoop ee I have a Raptor Euro and Revision and a Reaction what I was saying about the Jeti is it's ability to do what ever you want to do if you have a problem with a complex set up you only have to go to live chat and they will help you sort it out, then pass it on to Jeti and they incorporate in the next firmware down load. The OP was asking about the telemetry don't tell me that you reckon the 28's tele is a patch on Jeti. LOL
Mav
Old 09-14-2015, 04:03 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Not even considering Jetti...I have been a JR/spektrum fan for years. Solid products. Choice is whether to stay with DMSX or go to DMSS. Still looking for answer for the difference between fg14 and xg11.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
If JR comes out with telemetry for jets soon, that would be great and would help their sales but, DMSS has been out for a while now with no sign of anyone supporting turbine telemetry. Gaspar said on this very forum that he did not have a DMSS compatible turbine sensor in development because no one was asking for it.
Wow, this degraded rather quickly....

As I stated before, you will love the DMSS advantages over DSMX. I have to ask because i've never heard of a FG14 from JR? which radio are you referring to?

As for all the telemetry noise, I have just bought a Jetibox (well, my dad wanted to buy me something for my birthday ) so I can happily continue to use my XG14 on my models with all the awesomeness of the JR gimbals, and pass the jetibox to my spotter that can watch all the telemetry stuff that goes on there including fuel remaining for me. For me, far more flexible that having them peer over my shoulder trying to look at my radio for info. I can set all the normal voice alerts on it as well for when I'm flying spotterless.

Gaspar is in fact working on the DMSS telemetry link over the European winter so we should see something start to come out sometime by the end of the year. I've been in discussions with him via email about it a few weeks ago, as I was the one harassing him during my factory tour at the start of this year, and have been at him since

Thanks

dave

Last edited by ticketec; 09-14-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:34 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Not even considering Jetti...I have been a JR/spektrum fan for years. Solid products. Choice is whether to stay with DMSX or go to DMSS. Still looking for answer for the difference between fg14 and xg11.
The XG14 has the 12x sticks if that is a consideration. The XG11 is supposed to have more programming capability
Old 09-14-2015, 04:40 AM
luv2flyrc

Then it's easy: DX-18 Great Tx, feels good, very capable. lots of good telemetry (not Jeti level) but, good stuff and fuel level telemetry soon to be updated. Tons of support and HH has the best customer service going. Plus, keep all your existing equipment. I could "feel" no difference between the sticks on my Dx-18G2 and the sticks on my JR 12x's. ( Yes, I've had 3 jr12x's over the years and 10x's prior to that, been with JR since 1995 but, went Spek and now Jeti at the change to DMSS) I see no advantage to it, in fact, I see many disadvantages.

Originally Posted by ticketec
Wow, this degraded rather quickly....

As I stated before, you will love the DMSS advantages over DSMX.

dave
Dave, what are those advantages other then what marketing dept. claims on paper and the super human guys who claim they are "more connected" to their plane? I just don't buy that

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 09-14-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:16 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

At a UK jet meeting there are less and less DX-18's way too many lost models for it to be "operator" error...
JR DMSS is for sure the most secure link. It has many advantages.
With me for years it was the hard ware and not the software that had me flying JR. I think there are many good protocols, but the switches, stick pots and component manufacturers had way too many question marks.

The XG-14 is in the XG-8 case, so thousands and thousands sold (big seller in Japan) so the case moulds are all paid for. The various 11's that use the same case as the XG-11 not so many thousands. As said the XG-14 has DSX-12 stick units so silky smooth and well proven.

This thread could go on and on with different camps, we all like different things, women, cars, bikes, Tv's, phones etc etc. Go with what you think is best...I know I have (and I'm right )
Old 09-14-2015, 06:41 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The XG11 has a higher resolution than the XG14.
If you like a larger feeling radio, do not get the XG14. It feels very small compared to the XG11, 10/11/12X and the DX9/18.
I have the XG14 and I can honestly say that I wished that I bought the XG11 strictly for case size.
Also, the XG14 does NOT have a two position swtich where the gear swtich is traditionally located. In fact, it only one two position swtich and that is on the upper back right.
Programming is 100% different than any of the DSMX Jr Radios. I say that, but I am not sure about how the 11X programmed, whether it was closer to the XG11 or the 12X style of programming.
I do have the utmost confidence in the DMSS link. I have not experienced one hiccup whatsoever. I do not fly turbines, but I have flown Gas Warbirds, Large glow, and EDF with it.

I noticed that the OP mentioned that he was going to use two 7 channel Rx to get the full 14. Is that possible??
Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Dave Wilshere

XG-11 and XG-14 both have 2 post back left (M2) and 3 pos other places other than spring/snap switch back right.
XG-11 and XG-14 share similar programming, all the XG Tx's follow a theme.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:45 AM
JeffH

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
XG-11 and XG-14 both have 2 post back left (M2) and 3 pos other places other than spring/snap switch back right.
XG-11 and XG-14 share similar programming, all the XG Tx's follow a theme.
My XG14 has a momentary sping/snap switch on the back left and a two position on the back right. All others are 3 position. I just verified this to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I knew the XG11 had the same programming as the XG14, but I was not sure about the DSMX version, the 11X, that used to be available in the US.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Dave Wilshere

Originally Posted by JeffH
My XG14 has a momentary sping/snap switch on the back left and a two position on the back right. All others are 3 position. I just verified this to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I knew the XG11 had the same programming as the XG14, but I was not sure about the DSMX version, the 11X, that used to be available in the US.
Mode 1 Tx...

The 11 ZeroX or DSX-11 as they were called in Europe (DSM-2 for us) followed DSX-9 (9303 for you guys) programming. The XG series are all slightly different to this but follow an easy to understand format. Its only the 28X that goes away from totally normal JR ways.

Dave
Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 AM
JeffH

I bought mine bought new(from Horizon) as a Mode 2, throttle-rud on left stick. I purchased mine in the late winter or early spring of 2014.
JR America told me that this has been a complaint since it went on sale here and offered to replace the momentary switch with a two position. I just haven't had time to send it in.

To the OP, if you need a normal two position "gear" switch, ask to find out what switches are where before you order since there must be some differences out there.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:31 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Seems you just have a problem with JR Mike. I'm not going to argue to that point.

Last edited by PowerBoxDanny; 09-14-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:42 AM
luv2flyrc

Seems you just have a problem with JR Mike. I'm not going to argue to that point.
Danny, because people can see advantages with other brands, it does not mean they have a problem with the one you are selling. I agree with you, there's no point in arguing it further, I'm sure the. OP can inform himself of what's available

Mike
Old 09-14-2015, 11:55 AM
tp777fo

How stupid to have the gear switch on the right side. I just checked with the distributor I had planned to buy from and the normal "gear" switch on the back left is a spring switch. I really want 14 channels and don't want 28. Going to stick with my DX 18 for a while. Thanks for all the input. Hope to see some of you at Georgia Jets.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:51 AM
tp777fo

Well I made the move. Got a JR XG-14. My setup has 2- 731 Rx set up as redundant run through a 14 port converter. It was very easy as the only issue was when using 2 Rx's you need to have one satellite as a Rx only not a telemetry transmitter. Had to order it a different satellite and got it very quickly. I will have dual batteries, dual Rx's in my Dolphin. When I set it up using Xbus and the converter with 1 Rx I had 14 usable ports to run all my required devices...not bad for a 7 ch receiver. Next conversion I think I will use the 11 ch Rx in my Excalibur. JRAmericas changed the momentary switch on the back left to a 2 position gear switch as I asked. Programming seems pretty straight forward but the book is lacking on how to do a lot of stuff. You can figure it out quickly though. I have a fly in this weekend and I will then transition my Dolphin from DSMX to DMSS. I traded up using my 12X with the trade up program. the Xbus is still kinda magic but I am figuring it out.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS6z4P8krkA
hy there dmss x bus hard to figure out info is rear have a Avanti ready to go program //?
Not clear at first , the best thing is to experiment first before playing in the model.
The best is the 14 DRS Xbus convertor if you have the XG 14 TX or 28 X radio very easy to program .
Old 10-20-2015, 11:05 AM
tp777fo

Have watched that Utube several times. Have my radio all set up on the table watching servos move before I put anything in the jet. Good advice for such a change. We have a guy in our club that uses a 28X that has been helping me too.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:39 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have watched that Utube several times. Have my radio all set up on the table watching servos move before I put anything in the jet. Good advice for such a change. We have a guy in our club that uses a 28X that has been helping me too.
As typical for JR , they are really easy to figure out. the xbus is great . i bought a 28X and figuring things out on the radio is a lot harder i think than using a XG8 or 14. totally different software " Android based". congrats on the upgrade. that 14 is a nice radio. i have an 8 and it's a mind game when your used to having a heavy radio in your hands. it doesn't feel like you have anything in your hands LOL but i quickly got used to it . you will too. let us know what you think of it after you use it awhile.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:18 PM
spike5150

How stupid to have the gear switch on the right side. I just checked with the distributor I had planned to buy from and the normal "gear" switch on the back left is a spring switch. I really want 14 channels and don't want 28. Going to stick with my DX 18 for a while. Thanks for all the input. Hope to see some of you at Georgia Jets.
I fixed this myself on my XG11 - just a quick soldering job to swap the two switches.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:44 PM
A7Bldr
My Feedback: (40)

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

After reading this thread a month ago, I sent my new XG14 back to JR Americas and they removed the momentary switch on the left side and installed a normal 2 position switch, no charge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.