Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Tronic Double valve power-up default?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Tronic Double valve power-up default?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 07:57 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jet Tronic Double valve power-up default?

Seems that no matter what setups I try, the JT valves power up with the red light on. For several of my air circuits I need them to power up with the green side active. (I tried the setup instructions in the manual about pushing the button with the light on when the TX is in the gear out position..).

I suspect the valve is trying to help with some sort of protection against powering up with gear selected in the up position. Great for gear (if it worked), not so great for doors, speed brakes etc.

Even if the RX signal is calling for the green side when it wakes up, on power up it is red until the RX channel changes state at least one time.

I presume there must be a way around this and I am just being a dodo?

thanks!

Dave McQ
Old 09-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Swap the air tubes...
Old 09-13-2015, 04:32 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, sure... the old-school "hardware solution" ... :-)

I was kind of hoping that in this day and age there was a sw or setup solution.. sigh. So future JT valve setups, we will take that limitation of only waking up on the red channel into account.

Stand back .. out come the side cutters!

thanks Dave
Old 05-19-2020, 09:34 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I am the bumper of old threads lately.

Am I the only one that cannot ever be content with setup using a Jet Tronics dual valve? The problem by this user is the same one I'm having, and the prescribed solution to "swap the air tubes" certainly reverses the behavior, but it is still a terrible behavior. Why would anyone want the valve to default to any specific position? If my gear are retracted, I want them to stay retracted on power-up. If they are extended, I want them to stay that way. But no matter the switch orientation, when powered on my dual valve always lights up the red LED (and activates that circuit if there is air in the system). With gear down on that circuit, it's just fine when the airplane is assembled and sitting on the ground. When the airplane is sitting on its belly on the bench or on a stand where the gear/doors are blocked, it's no bueno.

So while I think I already know the answer, I have to ask again - is there a way to program the Jet Tronics Jd valve to either (A) await a radio signal and then activate whichever circuit the switch position tells it, or (B) do absolutely nothing until a signal is given?
Old 05-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I encountered this problem a while back and was told that the valve has a 'preferred way of starting' and it would always default to that starting positition. The solution was to switch the air lines. However - there was to be a fix for this from Jet tronic. How old is your valve? If it's the latest version then I guess either Jet Tronic didin't bother with a fix or it didn't work. It is a simple work around though
Bob
Old 05-19-2020, 12:03 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I suspect mine is pretty old - but you say "it is a simple work around" - how do you mean? Are you referring to swapping the air lines? How is that a work around? In the sense that it is better for the gear to try to extend on power up than retract, sure. But am I the only one who has a need to be able to power up a model while it's on a bench, or a test stand, or in a trailer and doesn't want the gear to try and extend un-commanded?