Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jettronic dual action valve speed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jettronic dual action valve speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 03:48 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jettronic dual action valve speed

Hi,

I noticed there is a default action delay (throttling). Instructions state that 3 sec is the default. On my system setup I can't afford any flow throttling at all, it loses too much inertia and gear doesn't retract fast enough. I can hear some air venting out of the valve during transition, which leads me to believe that some flow restriction is happening.

Has anyone been able to disable the default 3 sec delay? I would like to set to zero if possible. Instructions are pretty clear on how to increase delay, but not so for clearing it out.

Thanks,
David
Old 10-02-2015, 03:24 AM
FalconWings

no one has one of these? thought they were pretty common.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:44 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been a while but I believe by default throttling is OFF. Throttling is enabled to a default time of 3 seconds by holding the button next to the green LED pressed during power up of the valve. Once throttling enabled, each press of the green LED button adds 1 second to the throttling time, each press of the button next to the red LED subtracts 1 second from the throttling time. If throttling is enabled you should be able to hear the valve BUZZ for the throttle time. If in doubt, press and hold both buttons during power-up to reset the valve to factory default. Just FYI, the air Failsafe function (closes both valves to prevent loss of air after 15S) is enabled by ressing the Red LED button during power up of the valve.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Wayne
Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 AM
FalconWings

So that's what I was looking for, instructions are a bit confusing. I thought by default it came with a 3sec delay, but you what you are saying is that if I activate throttling, it defaults to a 3 sec delay.
That makes sense. Thanks!