Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really? How could you or anyone tell?? Did you know that the speed is controlled by the ECU? Of course NOT, Because that is something you don't have in your possession or a data box to read the ECU limits?

If I had a Turbine removed from my luggage, I want it back badly too.

Originally Posted by eaglen2fb
Got a E-mail from an RCU Member tells me Barry had this turbine pumped up for ALI so now you can add fraud to his list goes around telling people look our K180 is stronger than the competition also now makes sense why he wanted it back so bad.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:27 PM
eaglen2fb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They had 30 days to claim it or file a claim to get reimbursed since they do not have the turbine then they were reimbursed have not seen any proof to support anything different.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

They had 30 days to claim it or file a claim to get reimbursed since they do not have the turbine then they were reimbursed have not seen any proof to support anything different.

Or god forbid someone didnt do their job properly and put a claim ticket in the bag, and now the owners are like ***, until you showed up.

Your story while maybe true, your attitude makes it hard to believe. Anyone involved in this hobby upon hearing of this would of happily given it back to the original owners for what they paid and the cost of postage. Im sure barry and Ali would of gladly done so, but it seems like all you saw was an easy "pay day".

You have brought this crap pile upon yourself.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
eaglen2fb

Barry said they did put a claim ticket in the luggage and your right I did bring this on myself and I wasn't looking for a payday was going to use it but now after this kingtech can kiss my you know what ! And I'm done trying to explain.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:39 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Barry said they did put a claim ticket in the luggage and your right I did bring this on myself and I wasn't looking for a payday was going to use it but now after this kingtech can kiss my you know what ! And I'm done trying to explain.
Well,, You know the owner is telling you it was stolen, he offered to give you more than you gave for it, and your bashing him, lying trying to hide behind a charity., Barry is a stand up person period,, You however have shown your true colors,, Good luck selling the stolen property,, You will get no help here. And I feel sorry for the poor person you unload it on,,

You wanna do the right thing, talk to Barry again, take his offer of 500$ and have a good nights sleep.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:43 PM
eaglen2fb

He better be careful what he says because it was not Stolen.
and no he did not offer more than I paid for it.

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-02-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:27 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

If it was stolen from the luggage, then it belongs to the original owner. No auction house or other sale liquidator can give a stolen item clear title to the new owner. Did TSA remove it as they were afraid of it and leave a slip saying it was confiscated? if not then it was stolen. Pure and simple. If the airlines pay you then they own the item and can do whatever they want when it turns up,. Read the fine print....Insurance on international flights is only 1500 so i doubt anyone would write off the airlines liability at best case of 1/2 price. If it was taken from the luggage file a police report and when it surfaces grab it.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

He better be careful what he says because it was not Stolen.
and no he did not offer more than I paid for it.

Stolen: To take possession of another's property without their knowledge or permission,
Those are the exact circumstances that this turbine was acquired,,. nobody is callin you a thief bubba, Just stating you are in possession of stolen property, that the rightful owner is staking his claim to because it just showed up. And seeing it has a proprietary serial no. Its easy to identify. . You state you have been in the hobby for over 30 years but maybe you are not familiar with the Turbine community so you may not understand that Barry and Ali are very well known, have excellent reputations, and are good Guys.
put yourself in the true owners shoes.

Last edited by raron455; 11-02-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:19 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Turbine was donated to Ave of independence in wheeling all Legal from the American Airlines and you had 30 days to recover it like i said Barry prove to me it was not made on a Insurance claim Give me the information that you said you won't. it was purchased all Legal.

ITS NOT STOLEN READ THE LAWS !!!
If AA did not reimburse the person they took the engine from then it's stolen. OTH if the Ali was paid for the engine then IMO no one should be up in arms about the deal. I would think Ali could clear all this up.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:49 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will lay off moderating this thread for the moment but let's keep it polite.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:36 AM
eaglen2fb

Finally someone gets it ! I Asked Barry to prove to me it was not paid by the insurance , Have the airlines call me, Send me the claim ticket,
AND HE WON'T.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:49 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Barry was not the one that took the flight and was not in possession of the K180 . Ali was and hes a very busy man and one of the best people in the hobby. I am sure Barry would be more then happy to give you what you paid for the engine but you want to make a profit on something that was taken wrongful even if your not the one that took it.

Its like the police charging people to get their stolen property back after catching a crook.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:53 AM
eaglen2fb

Don't care how busy he is, I lost allot of time Also He needs to Prove it to ME BOTTOM LINE
Old 11-03-2015, 04:55 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If I was a mediator I would have to take this guy's side.

The accuser needs to provide proof that:
1. It was stolen (police report)
2. Claimed and paid for by insurance
3. Claimed and denied insurance payment

Burden of proof falls on the accuser, which in this case should not be very difficult. If AA took ownership of the engine by taking on the case, then the engine belongs to AA, but this guy does not need to prove how he acquired it......that's AA prerogative.

Given the circumstance, Barry can always take the right to refuse service or deny support to the new "owner", and the jet community is not required to help the accused sell his merchandise either. At best he's not looking very credible. He "could" just show his purchase receipt and be done with it.

David
Old 11-03-2015, 05:07 AM
eaglen2fb

That's what the mediator needs to do because this building such a huge case to turn into a legal matter its not funny.
I need proof because when this goes to court then more money will be involved and they will ask for the same thing Proof ! .
Old 11-03-2015, 05:46 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Maybe there is a hard lesson here to learn for all of us. Not sure who is right or wrong, but I would have thought Ali/Kingtech/Barry would have been smart enough to NOT ship something with the airlines, knowing it can be opened at anytime. I know he travels a lot for his demos, and it is sometimes easier to take things with you on the airlines. Why was this a loose engine in his luggage and not with him as a carry on? How did the his jets travel? And, why wasn't this engine shipped with the planes? Or, better yet, why wasn't the engine shipped over night via UPS, FedEx to the next destination? Far more secure this way. When I travel, I never put anything of value over $50 in my unsecured luggage. Just common sense, IMHO.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a copy of the two pieces of paper that were left in my luggage at the time. There is no mention of claiming for the item confiscated. No case number related to my item…. nothing. Just a note saying that the items have been removed and will be destroyed. I posted them on Facebook at the time it happened. Not sure if I can be bothered to try and dig them up to post here.
Credit to Barry and Kingtech. They stepped up and offered me a replacement turbine at a very reasonable cost. At the time I was bummed I had lost a brand new turbine. Impressed with barry and KT for their gesture and educated that I should never take a turbine to the USA in my luggage again. Never did I think it would pop up and create this crap!
Eaglen2fb… You don't have a clue what your talking about! No claim was made by me for this turbine. This turbine was also a stock standard unit that came off the self of my store in the UK. Do try and let the facts get in the way of a post if you can. I know it might make your stories a little less exciting, but the truth is more factual.
Regards Ali
Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have nothing constructive to ad to this thread so here I go

Rcu needs a like button. This thread would be very interesting with something like that!

I saw the turbine early when it was posted and inquired about it. I've dealt with Barry and Dirk at kingtech and they've always been great. I wouldn't be comfortable purchasing or bidding on this turbine. Hopefully this will be resolved for the best
Old 11-03-2015, 05:59 AM
eaglen2fb

Ali
Ok why did you not call and find out hat happened to the turbine ? If you would send me the papers so i can follow up with it i don't want to get into a pissing match just want the truth and my lawyer will find it out here is my E-mail [email protected]
if everything pans out i will sell Barry back the turbine after we agree on a price.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:26 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Ali
Ok why did you not call and find out hat happened to the turbine ? If you would send me the papers so i can follow up with it i don't want to get into a pissing match just want the truth and my lawyer will find it out here is my E-mail [email protected]
if everything pans out i will sell Barry back the turbine after we agree on a price.

Do you have any reading comprehension skills at all? He just said NO claim Id, case number, tracking number NOTHING of the sort was included with the paperwork put in his bag, just that "the item has been confiscated and will be destroyed". Seems fishy to me, but the one time i had the TSA confiscafe an item, i didnt get a claim number either, it was only after i refused to let them walk away with a $15k pair ITAR controlled NVG's and spoke with the manager on duty that i was allowed to continue to my flight, with the NVG's in hand.

Obviously you saw this as a payday, it doesnt matter that you deny that. Its obvious you do based in the fact you state you and barry have to "agree on a price". Put up a copy of your receipt (bc you havent shown proof you have legally obtained this either) from your purchase.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:33 AM
eaglen2fb

Barry has the receipt when i confirm everything he will pay me and shipping.
I wanted to keep it and get into jets but after this i want no part of it and people who think they are a higher pedestal because there into jets that is not what this hobby is about.

And i called the Airlines to check that's what they told me they put claim numbers in and if its taken out of your carry on you have the option to let them mail it back for you.

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-03-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I admit this is really none of my business, but I am sure those directly involved would like to know...
Mr. Glenn Michael LaRocco of Elgin, IL, are you the same person as, or related to, the Michael LaRocco who is a pilot for AA based out of ORD ?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:50 AM
eaglen2fb

LOL No there is How Cool is that !

I love all the crap that's getting started.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:59 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I love all the crap that's getting started.
It was a legitimate concern that a few of us hot dog rubbers had. I did not think you were the same person based on some info I have access to, but still wanted to ask. As you can imagine the conspiracy theories abound.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:02 AM
eaglen2fb

Yeah you guys are pretty tight that's for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.