Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by autopilot1
Doesn't it bother anyone that someone could have a $3,000 turbine taken from their luggage and they "really had no time to start following up with claims and so forth"?

Ravill, you would try to get back a 10 cent Hobby King lipo but its OK to NOT try to get back a turbine? What's wrong with that logic.

As far as I see it Ali gave up possession when refused to try to get it back.

Not at all. Its all relative. And its all about time.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:33 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ali. You have two years from the date of incident to file a claim.
Fill this out and mail it in. 5 min for a really good shot at collecting.

https://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/fi...ge_rev6_28.pdf.

The TSA probably saw the turbine on an xray and when they looked at it freaked out. Probably as their sniffer probably detected kerosene residue too after they pulled it out. File a claim. You will be reimbursed. People check complete models on airlines. In the context of it being by itself they didnt know what it was and didnt take the time to figure it out.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Doesn't it bother anyone that someone could have a $3,000 turbine taken from their luggage and they "really had no time to start following up with claims and so forth"?

Ravill, you would try to get back a 10 cent Hobby King lipo but its OK to NOT try to get back a turbine? What's wrong with that logic.

As far as I see it Ali gave up possession when refused to try to get it back.

Well if someone is making $100-200 an hour and it takes 15-30hrs to maybe collect on your loss, your $3k item now has cost you $4500-6000. Makes sense to me that if you can Financially afford to cut your loses, you should. Does that mean its still not legally his, no.
Just because a crook steals my $200 honda and i decide its not worth spending $500 to get it out if impound doesnt mean its still not mine (yes i know about gov. Auctions, its just an example).
Old 11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
autopilot1
My Feedback: (1)

BLAH BLAH BLAH. When you walk away from a 200K house because you owe 400k on it, IT IS NO LONGER YOURS. If someone is making $200/hour in this hobby, you guys are paying way too much for those turbines.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:19 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Well if someone is making $100-200 an hour and it takes 15-30hrs to maybe collect on your loss, your $3k item now has cost you $4500-6000. Makes sense to me that if you can Financially afford to cut your loses, you should. Does that mean its still not legally his, no.
Just because a crook steals my $200 honda and i decide its not worth spending $500 to get it out if impound doesnt mean its still not mine (yes i know about gov. Auctions, its just an example).
We have to remember that Ali buys his engines wholesale and i'm sure a good bit less than we would pay, When you factor in you don't know what condition the engine will be in when you get it back I can see why it was not a priority for him to chase it down but yes the engine is still his but I doubt I would pay even $500.00 to get it back either. As for Barry the engine is likely to be worth more to him even if just used for parts.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:25 PM
LarsL

Autopilot1,

Why should it bother anyone including you, that Ali has moved on. He gave his reasons, he doesn't want the engine now and hasn't reached out to eaglen2fb about it. His only disappointment is that the engine was taken in the first place and that he has been accused of taking some insurance claim when he hasn't.

Barry also isn't asking for the engine. He has simply been consistent with his company's policy in regards to supporting customers who have bought Kingtech turbines.

All of this for some reason or other has ticked off eaglen2fb and yourself.

regards,
Lars
Old 11-03-2015, 08:33 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

BLAH BLAH BLAH. When you walk away from a 200K house because you owe 400k on it, IT IS NO LONGER YOURS. If someone is making $200/hour in this hobby, you guys are paying way too much for those turbines.
That is a horrible analogy. LOL
Old 11-03-2015, 08:44 PM
eaglen2fb
My Feedback: (41)

lol My God you guys are worse than a bunch of old woman talking about there boobs sagging !
Old 11-03-2015, 08:55 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Eaglen2fb,

I was aware of this incident after it happened and had questions in the back of my mind. I also mentioned to Barry that I bet it shows up someday and WALLA here you are!! I attached the 2 tickets left in Ali's luggage for you to review after making Barry search through a crap load of Emails from over a year ago. I'm sure if this happened to anyone, and after reading the TSA tickets, I would have figured it was a total loss. The ticket clearly states that the item in question was deemed hazardous material and if you have a question call this #. Now most of us have had water bottles, mouthwash, shampoo etc taken at the screening point from our carry on's and they throw it in the trash right there at the counter?? Should I have made an insurance claim to get my shampoo back? If you had a ticket stating TSA confiscated a hazardous item / material from your suitcase, would you be raising all kinds of cane over it?? Or would you be thinking thinking I hope Homeland Security isn't going to be knocking on my door, thinking I was transporting a bomb or something and shoving a microscope up your a**?? Who in their right mind would be thinking "hey, I should make an insurance claim to AA to get reimbursed on my hazardous material I was transporting?" So, I called the TSA # on the ticket and asked what happens to items deemed hazardous and removed by TSA from luggage. Their response was they surrender it to that particular airline security and they never keep any items. Barry called AA as stated in the thread earlier and they say TSA keeps all items. I personally think some baggage handler has a pocket full of TSA confiscating tickets and is cherry picking luggage. They then have this so called charity auction ran by some family member making serious $$ and they hang up on you when questioned about a particular item. You keep asking about a insurance claim payoff made to Ali?? Should he have filed it on his auto, home or Hobby shop insurance?? How do you make a claim to your Insurance agent to recover TSA deemed hazardous material? Surely you can't ask to file a claim to the airline that just took the item because they thought it was a hazard to the flight?? I'm also curious and amazed how so many people on here have lawyers on speed dial. I am 50 YO, make well into 6 figures and never had a lawyer at my beckon call.....I must be missing the boat somewhere?? BTW, I hear John Redman had 2 Jetcats taken from his luggage recently, maybe they will show up at the same charity auction and you can buy those as well? I bet John would be happy to support his confiscated turbines!! Oh, and if you are a 30 yr hobbyist, I would hope you would have some integrity and do the right thing!! karma is a major ***** and what comes around goes around!!

Dirk Flejter
KingTech Service
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11.1.15 083.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	2128962   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.1.15 084.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	2128963  

Last edited by flejter1; 11-03-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:25 PM
eaglen2fb

Yep needed to talk to a lawyer and find out what my rights were, Have Barry call me Tomorrow and we will settle this i now have expenses added to this and if he covers that and shipping and what i paid i will send it back. Im not rich like you and make 6 figures you know.

As for claims to file a gentleman posted the proper forms to be filed on here half hours worth of work could have saved a ton of Bull****.

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-03-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:50 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glenn, you should talk to Ali

Last edited by marquisvns; 11-03-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Philip Cooper

A well thought out answer. Gold star to you.

Originally Posted by eaglen2fb
lol My God you guys are worse than a bunch of old woman talking about there boobs sagging !
Thats a very good and well thought out argument. Your winning me over. When you say it like that I do almost think Ali deserved to have his $3000 engine taken without his permission from his luggage.

Seems like everyone concerned may be victims of a very poor airline.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 AM
eaglen2fb

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Glenn, you should talk to Ali
Why should i talk to Ali when he didn't take the time to try and recover this in the first place.? you are the one making a big deal about it.

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-04-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:37 AM
LarsL

This thread has run its course. Barry has indicated that eaglen2fb should take it up with Ali who has more ore less communicated that he has moved on, and eaglen2fb is stuck with a turbine he can't use.

eaglen2fb will try to sell the incomplete turbine and may get what he paid for it, perhaps a bit more. if someone buys it, they will likely be left with standing without a chair when the music stops.

Regards,
Lars
Old 11-04-2015, 05:05 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the drama is over. According to this it's sold.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	2129000