Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Estate help identifying????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Estate help identifying????

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 05:09 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at the ad when it first listed and wondered why you were asking so much and now I understand.

The first version Skymaster Hawk was a in the mold paint job. I had one and it flew very good. The one I had someone replaced all the landing gear with Robart. It is the 1/5.5 size. I would think that was the real cost back then and now they are the Xtreme version by Skymaster. The new SM that is bigger is around 4k+.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:01 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by c/f
George can you tell me if th. ARF package quite different than the old school version? Is it even the same mold plug? Has ARF Jets manufacturing been reducing over the years steadil? Is the gear and tanks better/worse. OR was Eric and Todd Just that skethcy in margins?
I do not know the answer 100%, but I think it was originally a SM "branded" ARF back then, but it is now sold under the X-Treme label. I would imagine it is the same or a very similar package, but again, not 100% sure. I would also naturally think there has been some "improvements" over the last 10 years, so you must consider that as well. Regarding the cost/price...I do not know state of manufacturing cost because I'm not involved in any of those aspects, but I would think that labor costs would've risen some over time along with the material cost, so I doubt it's less now, but maybe someone else can shed light on that. I would also think since that particular airframe has been around for so long, it would most likely be reduced over time, especially depending on demand and sales. Apparently that was the selling price at the time; and I highly doubt there was any price gouging by Todd or Eric. The margins just aren't there as a dealer and if he was inflating the price, he wouldn't have sold any because others would have undercut him.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:14 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by c/f
He's an aspiring 3D pilot already at age 7 flies 40 sized electrics and 20cc sized profile 3D planes tail touch torque rolling and the likes, I got 4 grandson and only the 1 year old does not fly yet, they start out at age 3, here is a digital training program I have in my RC#G# bolg under the same user ID. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336239 I am asked at many events by well known RC pilot celebs how do I get them trained so young, so I point them to my blog
Thanks for the pointer, my grandson is 1 1/2 years old... need to get him going on a sim soon!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mystery solved but thickens, I have not found the sales receipt on the. Tamjets F16 yet but the manual clearly states Tamjets F 16 Funscale which is not the current ejet 1/12. Astutle observation a jet fan maid with the ailerons being present on mine. There is all the rcu threads bundled with the documents package I hope to add to listing, Appreciate any other relevant info to advise new owner of knowing how fast the versions escalate, My daily flyer is a Cermark ViperJet MKII peagasus SP powered, even won a best of show civilian jet at kentucky jets back in the day. Supper smooth flyer not tail heavy in the least with proper planning and beyond ARF build skillset.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:04 AM
c/f

Originally Posted by jws_aces
I looked at the ad when it first listed and wondered why you were asking so much and now I understand.

The first version Skymaster Hawk was a in the mold paint job. I had one and it flew very good. The one I had someone replaced all the landing gear with Robart. It is the 1/5.5 size. I would think that was the real cost back then and now they are the Xtreme version by Skymaster. The new SM that is bigger is around 4k+.
Ahh "IN MOLD PAINT" works for me I like to fly turbines at non jet meets more like local and invite shows, problem is large wheels and grass takeoffs , so I have no large wheel scale jet, may just build it at that price, my only other big wheel jet is the Kingcat,
Old 11-27-2015, 02:13 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nice part of a hawk even though the wheels on that one is small is the gear legs have the swing arm that do well in the ruff grass. The nose gear works great for grass.

If you do build it and fly just three things to do. One use crow mixed into the flaps for landing. That will just about keep the wings level. Makes sure not to deploy full flaps until you slow down for landing. Deploying them at high speeds will take away elevator control due to airflow resulting in a uncontrolled dive.

Last thing I figured out to help when landing is don't make it too nose heavy. Start out at factory GC and you might move it back after a couple of flights. This jet will bounce on a fast or hard landing and will start porpoising uncontrollable if it is nose heavy.

I really like mine. But love my bigger one better.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:12 PM
c/f

The documents package I have on all the jets includes OEM manuals, printed pages of the build and controversial forums threads from rc online and RCU,
And some even Color glossy or printed color color schemes, scale documents, the F18 shipped with a small booklet.

The hawk has the flap controversy and ALL my jets have some measure of crow to throttle mix on landing mode.

Cg I always error to behimd factory cause grass feilds and rotation drag on wheels, fwiw I never once ,kangarroed my trainer kangaroo, but routinely kangarooed a Kingcat till I moved CG rearward and started making hoisting balance plates that picked up wing rubes sandwiched between fuse/wing to achive balance I wish kit manufactures would include them as part of the kit.