Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Tronics Dual-Valve plumbing setup?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Tronics Dual-Valve plumbing setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 03:06 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jet Tronics Dual-Valve plumbing setup?

I'm new to electric values and just received a new Jet-Tronics Dual-valve for gear on my jet. I'm not sure how to plumb these as I would with my UP valves and the instructions only described electronic setup not schematic of tubing setup. Below is the photo of the valve, it was 4 ports. one for "compressed air in"... I get that!!! Then it has two nipples that say "output to Cylinders", and then one nipple that says "Air outlet". Can someone tell me how this is laid out for the three cylinders on gear? I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but it's not like setting up UP valves I'm used to?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0-22fbd205-400.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	2132345  
Old 11-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The output to cylinders will give you up from one and down from the other, you need to connect the cylinders together so all three move the same way, then the other side of cylinder to the other nipple for down,
Air outlet is not connect to anything, it lets the air out of cylinders as the other side pushes ram to other side, air in is from your air tank. This valve is for air up air down retracts.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The air outlet is used when the cylinders go up or down to let the air out of the system
Old 11-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3784.JPG
Views:	969
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2132356  
Old 11-24-2015, 05:30 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent!!! Exactly what I needed. I knew it had to be simple. It just threw me off that the "air out" had a connector but was just a relief valve. Much appreciated.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:26 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
I'm new to electric values and just received a new Jet-Tronics Dual-valve for gear on my jet. I'm not sure how to plumb these as I would with my UP valves and the instructions only described electronic setup not schematic of tubing setup. Below is the photo of the valve, it was 4 ports. one for "compressed air in"... I get that!!! Then it has two nipples that say "output to Cylinders", and then one nipple that says "Air outlet". Can someone tell me how this is laid out for the three cylinders on gear? I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, but it's not like setting up UP valves I'm used to?

The 2 outputs on the front are for the 2 sides of the gear cylinders, one is pressurized to extend the gear, the other to retract it. The remaining port on the side, next to "compressed air in" is the exhaust port, used to expel air as the gear is cycled.