Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How to land a Eurosport

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How to land a Eurosport

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 11:05 PM
bjnginge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to land a Eurosport

Hi everyone, just looking for some experienced feedback, I am about to get a new to me Eurosport and was wondering what everyone's thought on landing is.
Do you just fly it to the runway and flair to slow it down a few feet off the ground or bring it in nose high and control with power?

I gather the high alpha landings would take some practice.

Thanks Gus
Old 12-04-2015, 01:09 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I followed CARF's instructions to set the canard slightly up for landing and found that puts it in a lovely trim for the approach. If the throttle is in the sweet spot the plane keeps the right attitude and rate of descent. Too much power and it pitches up and doesn't descend, not enough power and the nose drops and it descends too fast, so I find that the model tells you when everything is right.
If you have a high rate of descent do not rely on being able to flare for landing like you can with a conventional wing, the nose will rise but will not stop the rate of descent and you get a heavy landing.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to Chris Venter

Damo
Old 12-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Originally Posted by HarryC
I followed CARF's instructions to set the canard slightly up for landing and found that puts it in a lovely trim for the approach. If the throttle is in the sweet spot the plane keeps the right attitude and rate of descent. Too much power and it pitches up and doesn't descend, not enough power and the nose drops and it descends too fast, so I find that the model tells you when everything is right.
If you have a high rate of descent do not rely on being able to flare for landing like you can with a conventional wing, the nose will rise but will not stop the rate of descent and you get a heavy landing.

+1.... I have close to 200 flights on mine and I couldn't say it any better than this...
Old 12-04-2015, 05:40 PM
stevekott

The Eurosport is a *****cat on landings. You do need a nose up attitude but it kind of locks in with a nice descent rate. Perhaps ad just a blip of power before hitting the asphalt. Not really a traditional flare. I've had two. It's my go to airplane if I haven't flown for a while as it is one of the most forgiving on landings. You will love it!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:44 PM
stevekott

I'm laughing .. the forum replaced the word I used with asterisks! This is a very politically correct world we live in!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:14 PM
karl hibbs
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what kind of a cat is a asterisk cat. I want another euro, it was a lot of fun.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

The eurofighter it's the most forgiving and easiest jet to fly and land I have two in active duty Eurosport and the old about 20 years old fiber classic with at least 1000 flights I when thru 4 turbines with at least 20 hours on each from the p-120 super eagle Titan and p-160 now ,I have some pictures right before the touching down the runway so this is the natural angle for landing and am doing the glide in type landing so when about 250-300 from touching down I'm cuting the power to about 10%power and gliding in to final with head wind and zero power when no head wind.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	2133986   Click image for larger version

Views:	132
Size:	574.5 KB
ID:	2133987   Click image for larger version

Views:	124
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	2133988  
Old 12-05-2015, 02:14 AM
bjnginge

Thanks guys, sounds like i'm going to enjoy this one,yeah Damo I might talk to Chris.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjnginge
Thanks guys, sounds like i'm going to enjoy this one,yeah Damo I might talk to Chris.
Chris just built a new one as well also there another person you can talk to is Steve from Maryborough

Damo