Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ATJ 220 SV turbine arrived

Reply

Old 09-30-2019, 04:16 PM
  #51  
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Seguin, TX
Posts: 503
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Atj 120 gsu

This message is for fw190pilot. I got your PM regarding an older GSU for my 120Ti. I am interested in the GSU you are offering. I am having problems getting a PM to you so if you see this please reply to me via e-mail at: edwarda10pilot@aol.com

Thanks,
Ed
edwarda10pilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM
  #52  
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reut,Israel
Posts: 4,212
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by edwarda10pilot View Post
This message is for fw190pilot. I got your PM regarding an older GSU for my 120Ti. I am interested in the GSU you are offering. I am having problems getting a PM to you so if you see this please reply to me via e-mail at: edwarda10pilot@aol.com

Thanks,
Ed
i have a cool solution for you as well for the older ECU. send me a PM.
i3dm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:56 PM
  #53  
BigBadDodge
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 10
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Drorso, have you heard anything back on your engine repair?
BigBadDodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 AM
  #54  
drorso
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 49
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Any news from ATJ?

Anyone got any reply from ATJ since 26-Sep? he said communication issues in China and then disappeared again...
drorso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:58 AM
  #55  
hotspot 01
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 221
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I talked to him two weeks ago.
hotspot 01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:49 AM
  #56  
flyloose
 
flyloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barrie, ON, CANADA
Posts: 66
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I had my 160 completely overhauled and repaired this past spring, as it had some serious crash damage...The service was very slow and communication was awful. It was like pulling teeth. I can’t comment on the actual work done, I suppose I should do a bench test on it and see how she runs...

When I sent it back I never heard a thing from ATJ....After over a month I was starting to wonder if the factory even received it, let alone some kind of repair quote...I had come to the realization that I might just have to wash my hands of it. It was frustrating and I will not buy another ATJ turbine.

Last edited by flyloose; 11-09-2019 at 07:31 AM.
flyloose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 AM
  #57  
DHF
My Feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mableton Ga
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I just sent my ATJ 190 to Joseph for a chipped compressor wheel and bad starter last week. After reading the latest posts on slow responses or lack of communication from ATJ I feel I just may never see my engine again for several months or ever again..

Flyloose how long did it take to get your engine back?
DHF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:29 AM
  #58  
flyloose
 
flyloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barrie, ON, CANADA
Posts: 66
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
I just sent my ATJ 190 to Joseph for a chipped compressor wheel and bad starter last week. After reading the latest posts on slow responses or lack of communication from ATJ I feel I just may never see my engine again for several months or ever again..

Flyloose how long did it take to get your engine back?
DHF,

I'm confident you will get your turbine back, it's just not very good customer service and communication. I didn't mean to come across as theatrical or anything.

Turn around in my case: I shipped it express to Taiwan at the end of April and it was shipped back to me end of July. Bear in mind mine was pretty banged up and there was a bit of back and forth via email, but still.....

I wasn't overly impressed let's put it that way...
flyloose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:37 AM
  #59  
DHF
My Feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mableton Ga
Posts: 21
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by flyloose View Post
DHF,

I'm confident you will get your turbine back, it's just not very good customer service and communication. I didn't mean to come across as theatrical or anything.

Turn around in my case: I shipped it express to Taiwan at the end of April and it was shipped back to me end of July. Bear in mind mine was pretty banged up and there was a bit of back and forth via email, but still.....

I wasn't overly impressed let's put it that way...
I hope he makes good on my repairs, I can only wait. I have had communication through email last month with Joseph before. I ordered a part from him and he sent it right away.
DHF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:39 AM
  #60  
flyloose
 
flyloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Barrie, ON, CANADA
Posts: 66
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
I hope he makes good on my repairs, I can only wait. I have had communication through email before last month with Joseph before. I ordered a part from him and he sent it right away.
That's positive....Maybe he's getting his act together a bit and things are improving.
flyloose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:37 PM
  #61  
hotspot 01
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 221
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Ordering engines normally takes about 4 weeks repairs or servicing 6 to 8 weeks on average if you send nasty emails longer.
hotspot 01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:57 PM
  #62  
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Seguin, TX
Posts: 503
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ATJ Customer Service

I have been communicating with Joseph for the past few months. I got an ECU and GSU from him in October and just ordered some parts for my 120. It usually takes him about 3 or 4 days to reply.

Ed
edwarda10pilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:16 PM
  #63  
hotspot 01
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 221
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Must be away again goes away for work.
hotspot 01 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service