Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Requesting Experience with Jets-Munt M100XBL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Requesting Experience with Jets-Munt M100XBL

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:23 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Requesting Experience with Jets-Munt M100XBL

I would like to hear from first hand users of this engine. How long owned? How many hours? Any concerns? Performance comments.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:08 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one I my BVM Bobcat.

it always starts and runs great.

this is my third one. Love them

great fuel economy and acceleration
Old 12-14-2015, 05:05 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont have a 100, but i have 2 80's and a 140. zero issues. simple install, starts every time. small and lite. fast spool up and easy on the fuel burn.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:23 AM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Impeccable service from Gaspar in Spain and Oli at Ultimate Jets.net.

All of the Jets Munt products are first class.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:56 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Had a 90 gas start
I have the merlin 100xbl
I have a 160 MKII gas start
I have the merlin 200
All great turbines and all are under rated for what they put out
Service - Ultimate jets in texas or altcare in Canada or Gaspar in spain himself
Old 12-15-2015, 06:43 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

I purchased mine this summer from dreamworks, it was the first turbine I have owned with internal valves. Everything about it so far has been a dream; super easy and clean installation, first start and every start after has been super smooth, it runs like a Swiss Watch, and the small back-lit GSU can easily be mounted in your airplane. I have about a dozen flights on it now. Overall I'm super impressed with my 100xbl and looking forward to purchasing another one next year.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 AM
cetigershark

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have/had 2 VT80s, ordered one 100XBL 3 days ago and was told, that they are fully booked in december, delivery will be in january 2016. And that is what I like very much about Jetsmunt/XICOY. They are honest, reliable and answer quick.
I never had an issue with any engine of them. Gapar answers within 24hrs and Sonia from XICOY answers within minutes. More than one time I ordered something by email and got a Fedex report within minutes.

Other turbine manufacturers offer the same reliability. But Jetsmunt/XICOY top them all in the complete grading: starting by fuel efficiency, weight, ending with communications...

Christof
Old 12-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

I have one in an Xcalibur. It runs very nicely with clean starts and positive throttle control. I've had about 35 flights on it now.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Fly Mower

I too have a 100XBL in a Xcalibur. It's my first turbine model and now has approximately 5 hours run time during which the 100XBL has given me everything it should (and perhaps most importantly for me absolute predictability in operation and reliability).

With zero experience of any other turbine manufacturer I'm not in a position to say this one gives better performance than another etc. But, and for me its a big but, I can comment on customer interaction / support from the manufacturers.

About twelve months ago when I was looking to make a turbine purchase for my Xcalibur I made a short-list of the usual suspects to take my cash, Jetcat, Wren, Jets-Munt & KingTec. I'll be honest, I did initially lean towards Wren; well I'm British, their factory is a couple of hours away and why wouldn't I support a local UK business!

As part of my decision making process I sent emails to all the manufactures asking, what with the benefit of 12 months experience and hindsight were very basic questions. I was basically looking for beginners advice on what I should be looking for and which turbine would best suit my needs and why.

To this day the only manufacture that responded was Jets-Munt. And I may add the response was directly from Gaspar and less than an hour after sending him the original email.

What struck me about Gaspar was his honesty. He actually suggested that the VT-80 would be a better choice for me, he also reminded me it was 300 euros less then the 100XBL but he felt it was maybe a better choice for an absolute beginner with an Xcalibur. We had several swaps of emails over the next day or so with virtually instant responses and at every stage Gaspar was completely honest and in my view very objective in his advice (he wasn't just trying to sell me something!).

In the end I purchased a 100XBL (and gave Gaspar an extra 300 euros..!). Without doubt my next turbine will be Jets-Munt again, not really because I think the performance will be significantly better than others (I suspect they are all much the same). No, my business will go to Gaspar because he was prepared to take the time to answer very basic questions for a new guy, and furthermore offer very honest advice.

I guess in summary, I now have the confidence that if / when I need help with my Jets-Munt turbines Gaspar and the team will be there and eager to engage......

Lee.

Last edited by Fly Mower; 12-15-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:04 PM
sidgates

I appreciate all who have taken the time to respond. I sent an inquiry to Ultimate Jets approx. 2 weeks ago about the this engine because it isn't listed on their site and no answer.

I looked at the engine on Dreamworks site at that time and now I can't find it listed on their site.

On the Turbine Clinic Jets Munt thread there is a question about whether Gaspar has left the company. No answer since Dec. 2.

Looking for answers.

Last edited by sidgates; 12-16-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:55 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Dreamworks Model Producrs has been selling and servicing jetsmunt engines for well over 7 years. We are a factory authorized service center offering US based warranty, maintainece and crash damage services. Fast turn around times with a full compliment of Jetsmunt replacement parts in stock for all models. We have stock on most sizes at the moment....
Old 12-16-2015, 03:58 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by sidgates

On the Turbine Clinic Jets Munt thread there is a question about whether Gaspar has left the company. No answer since Dec. 2.

Looking for answers.
No, Gaspar has not gone anywhere
Old 12-16-2015, 08:07 PM
sidgates

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
No, Gaspar has not gone anywhere
================================================== ========
That's good news. I found the engine on your site, I tried "engines" before.
Thanks for the reply.