RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Reply
Old 12-27-2015, 05:31 PM
  #26
Jeti USA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , FL
Posts: 422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhorse View Post
Exactly. While Futaba has clearly missed the telemetry boat - an aspect at which Jeti excels - Futaba's touch screens are excellent and there's no reason at all to say otherwise. I'm guessing that any "survey" in which 80% of users supposedly said they didn't want one was severely flawed in terms of population analysis.
Sad thing is that Futaba has the ONLY feature "Touch Screen" (Which is good) that Jeti does not offer and has no planes is recent future. Jeti rather have the ergometry right with fully integrated antennas and display in correct place. You have to make choice.

You do not even have sequencer and 24 channels, how do you want to compare those two systems?

Remember Jet guys are not the only that Jeti is targeting. Tons of scale guys, heli pilots do not care about touch screens at all. That's not being arrogant just simply stating the facts.

There is another fact, most pilots send radios to the Futaba service every year (potentiometer calibration). We also know how much replacement screen cost. In our Jeti world nobody sends radio to the service just for check up, the hall-sensor gimbals have no moving parts.

Futaba missed quite few features:
(And yes if you do not have them you might not know what you are missing)
- RF Redundancy
- Voltage, MHa, Capacity Telemetry
- Automatic Telemetry Functions
- Custom Voices & Sounds
- Hall Sensors
- Power Redundancy
- Wireless programming
- Fuel, Air pressure, Power
- ECU integration and wireless programming
- Gyros Accelerometers
- Voice Commands
- .... How many should I list?


Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 12-27-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Jeti USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 PM
  #27
Jeti USA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , FL
Posts: 422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Is Jeti not capable of accepting constructive criticism of any kind, or fathom that not everybody loves their radio for personal reasons?
That's not constructive criticism, we settled this long time ago and never stated that DS/DC-24 will have touch screen. Simply Cons outweigh Pros. Serviceability and simplicity of the system is more important.

(And if we have touch screen Futaba guys would hate us, Jeti for 1/2 Price, 10x Better, 24x Channel Radio. And by the way you would have nothing to talk about)

Zb/Jeti USA
Jeti USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:40 PM
  #28
Edgar Perez
 
Edgar Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Gurabo, PUERTO RICO (USA)
Posts: 2,155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhorse View Post
Exactly. While Futaba has clearly missed the telemetry boat - an aspect at which Jeti excels - Futaba's touch screens are excellent and there's no reason at all to say otherwise. I'm guessing that any "survey" in which 80% of users supposedly said they didn't want one was severely flawed in terms of population analysis.
Agree touch screens make programming easier. Even better, if the radio connect via WIFI to a browser so you can do the programming in a tablet, laptop, PC, etc (sorry guys couldn't resist mentioning this as the Weatronic BAT 60 has that capability)
Edgar Perez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:05 PM
  #29
dubd
 
dubd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,260
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeti USA View Post
(And if we have touch screen Futaba guys would hate us, Jeti for 1/2 Price, 10x Better, 24x Channel Radio. And by the way you would have nothing to talk about)

Zb/Jeti USA
I fly Futaba and don't hate you. However, I disagree with your opinion on touchscreens. But what do I know, I just make software used on a couple hundred million devices.
dubd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:18 PM
  #30
Bob_B
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,544
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Of course they are, in fact one of a few companies that actually responds to suggestions to improve the products.
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:19 PM
  #31
George
 
George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 2,966
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Of course they are, in fact one of a few companies that actually responds to suggestions to improve the products.
Good to hear Bob, but not talking software or telemetry features.

If they fix the ergonomics (mine and other's only real complaint), then I'd gladly consider them. And when I say "ergonomics", I don't mean screen position or touch-screen availability, but button/slider layout, FEEL & COMFORT.
George is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:26 PM
  #32
Bob_B
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,544
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I find the feel and look quite nice, but i completely understand and respect your opinion.
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:55 PM
  #33
George
 
George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 2,966
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
I find the feel and look quite nice, but i completely understand and respect your opinion.
Thanks Bob!
George is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:48 PM
  #34
dubd
 
dubd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,260
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jeti USA, can I preorder a DS-24?
dubd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:49 AM
  #35
wfield0455
 
wfield0455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Holliston, MA
Posts: 926
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Perez View Post
Agree touch screens make programming easier. Even better, if the radio connect via WIFI to a browser so you can do the programming in a tablet, laptop, PC, etc (sorry guys couldn't resist mentioning this as the Weatronic BAT 60 has that capability)
Browse a lot of porn while flying do ya :^)
wfield0455 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:40 AM
  #36
jonkoppisch
 
jonkoppisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,687
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I like my jeti ds16. Only a couple of things that I think would make it better if I could

touchscreen. My aurora 9 is flawless and simple to navigate!
able to reset current sensor by button without going through a lot of menus
able to have the jeti box displaying turbine info by default from startup
move the trim buttons where they should be
a little easier to hold. I'm actually considering a neck strap for the first time..
jonkoppisch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:24 PM
  #37
ravill
Thread Starter
 
ravill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 4,208
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'm excited to get my DS-24.
ravill is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:53 PM
  #38
Jeti USA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , FL
Posts: 422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

If somebody would like to see full line of Jeti products stop by at the AMA show in Ontario, CA

Zb/Jeti USA

http://amaexpo.com/


JANUARY 8-10, 2016

Jeti USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:56 PM
  #39
Jeti USA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , FL
Posts: 422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Here is the inside if the new Jeti DC-24, you can see multi-mode gimbals with hall sensors and haptic feedback, Dual Redundant 2.4GHz and 900MHz RF modules, all parts easily serviceable & accessible.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:06 PM
  #40
wfield0455
 
wfield0455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Holliston, MA
Posts: 926
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkoppisch View Post
I like my jeti ds16. Only a couple of things that I think would make it better if I could

touchscreen. My aurora 9 is flawless and simple to navigate!
able to reset current sensor by button without going through a lot of menus
able to have the jeti box displaying turbine info by default from startup
move the trim buttons where they should be
a little easier to hold. I'm actually considering a neck strap for the first time..
While a well done touch screen is Okay, I still prefer the wheel. I've got big fingers and always
have problems with touch screens unless they are VERY sparsely populated. I also wear shooting gloves to fly in the Winter and unless I buy the so call "e-gloves", which have special finger tips, I have to remove them to deal with a touch screen. The wheel works just fine with the regular shooting gloves on..

As for resetting your current sensor, I'm guessing you're talking about the MUI but if you're talking about current and capacity telemetry built into the Central Box 200, if you go into device explorer, there is a reset function which will allow you to assign a switch. Pick the switch of your choice and each time you activate it, you'll be asked if you want to perform the reset. They say they want all the sensors to be able to be accessed via device explorer so I suspect this functionality will come to all the current sensors at some point but who knows when.

With Auto trim I really don't use the trim buttons much but I agree, even though they don't really cause a problem, their current locations wouldn't be my first choice.

I've always used a neck strap but my DS16 feels great in my hands as far as I'm concerned. This may be related to the big fingers that I mentioned as being the reason I'm not fond of touch screens though.

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-28-2015 at 02:08 PM.
wfield0455 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 AM
  #41
Jeti USA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , FL
Posts: 422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Video: Dooms Day: Jeti DC-24 A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1O_...ature=youtu.be


Jeti USA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:30 PM
  #42
highhorse
 
highhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,277
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeti USA View Post

There is another fact, most pilots send radios to the Futaba service every year (potentiometer calibration). We also know how much replacement screen cost. In our Jeti world nobody sends radio to the service just for check up, the hall-sensor gimbals have no moving parts.

Futaba missed quite few features:
(And yes if you do not have them you might not know what you are missing)
- RF Redundancy
- Voltage, MHa, Capacity Telemetry
- Automatic Telemetry Functions
- Custom Voices & Sounds
- Hall Sensors
- Power Redundancy
- Wireless programming
- Fuel, Air pressure, Power
- ECU integration and wireless programming
- Gyros Accelerometers
- Voice Commands
- .... How many should I list?


Zb/Jeti USA
"Fact"? "Most"? "Every year"?

Those are interesting claims, and when combined with your prior posts I'm sensing a pattern here.

I've flown Futaba for over 10 years and never once needed potentiometer recalibration or a screen replaced. Same for my father, so that's 20 years between us. While it is a big world out there and I am certain that someone must be sending his radio back periodically, I have never personally heard a Futaba user mention sending his radio back for annual maintenance.

Relax please. Your radios are pretty darned good and speak for themselves without your shrill, ingracious, and over the top claims of the competition's inferiority. Although this particular Futaba user started in this thread as a big fan of Jeti's telemetry and potential future customer, you've pretty well single handedly turned me off to your brand. If I ever switch to Jeti it will be in spite of posts like the one above, not because of them.

Perhaps you should just back away from you keyboard for a while and let your loyal customers carry the flag. They do a much better job of it, IMO.

Last edited by highhorse; 01-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.
highhorse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
  #43
George
 
George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 2,966
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhorse View Post
"Fact"? "Most"? "Every year"?

Those are interesting claims, and when combined with your prior posts I'm sensing a pattern here.

I've flown Futaba for over 10 years and never once needed potentiometer recalibration or a screen replaced. Same for my father, so that's 20 years between us. While it is a big world out there and I am certain that someone must be sending his radio back periodically, I have never personally heard a Futaba user mention sending his radio back for annual maintenance.

Relax please. Your radios are pretty darned good and speak for themselves without your shrill, ingracious, and over the top claims of the competition's inferiority. Although this particular Futaba user started in this thread as a big fan of Jeti's telemetry and potential future customer, you've pretty well single handedly turned me off to your brand. If I ever switch to Jeti it will be in spite of posts like the one above, not because of them.

Perhaps you should just back away from you keyboard for a while and let your loyal customers carry the flag. They do a much better job of it, IMO.
+1
WELL SAID!!

And despite many Futaba users "complimenting" Jeti on the their strengths, most (but not all) can't fathom the possess weaknesses or don't appeal to everybody. It's a good thing they have reps like Bob and Jim!


P.S. I have never sent a radio in either!
George is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:19 PM
  #44
George
 
George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 2,966
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Back...

I'm sure Rav will enjoy his DS when he gets it.
George is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:00 PM
  #45
Tom Antlfinger
 
Tom Antlfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Posts: 2,227
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Does anyone have the link to the little gizmos that stick on the trim buttons and convert them to a vertical and horizontal motion?

P.S. I found the link to Grumania on the Jeti Tech Blog. Thanks anyway.....TA

Last edited by Tom Antlfinger; 01-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Tom Antlfinger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:17 PM
  #46
Bob_B
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,544
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

They are called G trims Esprit should have them in stock they are made by Grumania
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	2139201  

Last edited by Bob_B; 01-01-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:37 AM
  #47
Springbok Flyer
 
Springbok Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,041
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Thumbs up Wow +1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhorse View Post

Relax please. Your radios are pretty darned good and speak for themselves without your shrill, ingracious, and over the top claims of the competition's inferiority. Although this particular Futaba user started in this thread as a big fan of Jeti's telemetry and potential future customer, you've pretty well single handedly turned me off to your brand. If I ever switch to Jeti it will be in spite of posts like the one above, not because of them.

Perhaps you should just back away from you keyboard for a while and let your loyal customers carry the flag. They do a much better job of it, IMO.
Amen brother, amen!!!

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 01-02-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Springbok Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:09 AM
  #48
Tom Antlfinger
 
Tom Antlfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Posts: 2,227
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Thanks Bob. Just did not see them on Espirit website. Will give them a shout on Monday.
Tom Antlfinger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:14 AM
  #49
karl hibbs
 
karl hibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: spanaway, WA
Posts: 305
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Thank you highhorse, well said .
karl hibbs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:30 AM
  #50
Carsten Groen
 
Carsten Groen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,608
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highhorse View Post
"Fact"? "Most"? "Every year"?

Those are interesting claims, and when combined with your prior posts I'm sensing a pattern here.

I've flown Futaba for over 10 years and never once needed potentiometer recalibration or a screen replaced. Same for my father, so that's 20 years between us. While it is a big world out there and I am certain that someone must be sending his radio back periodically, I have never personally heard a Futaba user mention sending his radio back for annual maintenance.

Relax please. Your radios are pretty darned good and speak for themselves without your shrill, ingracious, and over the top claims of the competition's inferiority. Although this particular Futaba user started in this thread as a big fan of Jeti's telemetry and potential future customer, you've pretty well single handedly turned me off to your brand. If I ever switch to Jeti it will be in spite of posts like the one above, not because of them.

Perhaps you should just back away from you keyboard for a while and let your loyal customers carry the flag. They do a much better job of it, IMO.
Right on the spot Highhorse!!
Carsten Groen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:46 PM.