Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:06 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Victory Pete
Cant see how I could have done it, but I hope that I did. BTW bugs are not magic, they happen all the time.
I've not heard anyone else mention this so I don't think it's a bug but I suppose anything is possible. If it did actually change without you somehow making the change then I would suspect SD card corruption of some sort. If you had it connected to a PC to add a new sound file, etc and disconnected the USB cable without properly ejecting it on the PC first, that could cause such a problem.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 AM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I've not heard anyone else mention this so I don't think it's a bug but I suppose anything is possible. If it did actually change without you somehow making the change then I would suspect SD card corruption of some sort. If you had it connected to a PC to add a new sound file, etc and disconnected the USB cable without properly ejecting it on the PC first, that could cause such a problem.
No connection to PC at all since initially importing models. And this model is entirely new to the DS-24. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:50 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Cant see how I could have done it, but I hope that I did. BTW bugs are not magic, they happen all the time.
I didn’t say bugs were magic.......but I’m assuming your new to Jeti and I have seen myself stuff happening...that I didn’t think I change when I first got my DC-16 but I’m pretty sure I did because it doesn’t happen anymore LOL
Old 05-07-2018, 04:56 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by Dansy

I didn’t say bugs were magic.......but I’m assuming your new to Jeti and I have seen myself stuff happening...that I didn’t think I change when I first got my DC-16 but I’m pretty sure I did because it doesn’t happen anymore LOL
Try not to make assumptions, I have been using Jeti for 3 years. If I were to change the Throttle Cut switch from SA to a slider on the back it would involve many steps and confirmations. I don't see how that could have accidently happened. I know I had it right the first time as I check everything.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:04 AM
Dansy

That was because of the questions........sorry, I have been on Jeti since the USA beginning........never such a bug ��
Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 AM
Victory Pete

That was because of the questions........sorry, I have been on Jeti since the USA beginning........never such a bug ��
Okay, I will be keeping an eye on my Throttle Cut even more now. I like the Electronic Throttle Lock but it resets with a power cycle. It would be a more useful safety feature if it would stay in the locked position until unlocked.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:54 AM
Victory Pete

I am getting ready to get this to the field and do some more testing. I have been recentering my programmable Hitec servos to give no subtrim but ultimately I still need to add a little bit to get it perfectly centered, It seems the control sufaces do not go back to the exact center depending on if it goes from the right to center or from left to center. I split the difference with subtrim. I have the 12 channel Assist rx, I have heard they work best with no subtrim or trim, is this the case?

Last edited by Victory Pete; 05-07-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:52 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
does the CB200 have replaceable poly fuses? or does it have to go in for service if one blows? i haven't hooked up mine yet but i was just wondering.
:-) :-), nothing to replace it's all Heat Activated, once port cools down system reconnects the servo.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 05-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Dansy

Okay, I will be keeping an eye on my Throttle Cut even more now. I like the Electronic Throttle Lock but it resets with a power cycle. It would be a more useful safety feature if it would stay in the locked position until unlocked.
Mine stay in the lock position DC-24 i have a locking switch for that (and RX, High trim for turbine)and pre-flight thing so if the switches happen to be in the wrong position the TX doesn’t start until fixed....
Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 AM
wfield0455

I am getting ready to get this to the field and do some more testing. I have been recentering my programmable Hitec servos to give no subtrim but ultimately I still need to add a little bit to get it perfectly centered, It seems the control sufaces do not go back to the exact center depending on if it goes from the right to center or from left to center. I split the difference with subtrim. I have the 12 channel Assist rx, I have heard they work best with no subtrim or trim, is this the case?
No, that's not the case. You can use sub trim as needed to center servos but you MUST perform calibration whenever trim or sub-trim changes so the Assist knows the proper travels / centers for each control. Also, I test fly in the Assist off flight mode and trim the airplane for straight and level flight. If it requires any trim I land and perform calibration again BEFORE using any of the stabilized flight modes. After that I just fly. I repeat calibration whenever I need to make trim changes.

Last edited by wfield0455; 05-07-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:25 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone was asking about flaps.. look back a couple pages.. I posted the easy way to do flaps in 2 videos.. function curves and flight mode trim has inherent limitations that you will run into eventually.. It works, of course.. but butterfly allows full range manipulation and proportionality. I have used it to program combination of 4 flaps and 4 ailerons into, and to allow the flaps to move at different speeds, such as an A10 or a transport with spoilers.

Your mileage may vary, but it works well.. the function just has a name that is misleading.. It should be named Flap/Crow
Old 05-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Victory Pete

Mine stay in the lock position DC-24 i have a locking switch for that (and RX, High trim for turbine)and pre-flight thing so if the switches happen to be in the wrong position the TX doesn’t start until fixed....
I have the locking switch and I use the preflight nanny also. Just wish the electronic lock did not default to off when changing models or turning off radio. I cant believe after all these years it is still the same limited and somewhat arbitrary operation.

Last edited by Victory Pete; 05-07-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by wfield0455
No, that's not the case. You can use sub trim as needed to center servos but you MUST perform calibration whenever trim or sub-trim changes so the Assist knows the proper travels / centers for each control. Also, I test fly in the Assist off flight mode and trim the airplane for straight and level flight. If it requires any trim I land and perform calibration again BEFORE using any of the stabilized flight modes. After that I just fly. I repeat calibration whenever I need to make trim changes.
Ah yes, that is good to hear. It is Spektrum's AS3X system that doesn't like trim or subtrims.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Victory Pete

Try not to make assumptions, I have been using Jeti for 3 years. If I were to change the Throttle Cut switch from SA to a slider on the back it would involve many steps and confirmations. I don't see how that could have accidently happened. I know I had it right the first time as I check everything.
I have thought about this logically and referred to my own timeline of events. I have had the DS-24 for 3 weeks. I only made the Miss Morava model memory maybe 1 1/2 weeks ago and only bound it and power upped my motor and prop in my test set up last week. For it to have changed by me bumping things clumsily is almost impossible. Therefore I must have bumped things when I first set it up. Any test I did apparently was not complete. Having the slider in the back while setting up switch functions makes it very likely it got bumped.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Dansy

I’m flying one of my Electric tomorrow, I will verified the fact that the lock doesn’t stay lock.....frankly I’m pretty sure it does, but I haven’t check that specifically for the longest time.

I used the same lock for all my planes Electric, Gas (when I had them) and Jets....so I want to make sure it still work the way I think it’s, which doesn’t default to the Off position.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Victory Pete

I’m flying one of my Electric tomorrow, I will verified the fact that the lock doesn’t stay lock.....frankly I’m pretty sure it does, but I haven’t check that specifically for the longest time.

I used the same lock for all my planes Electric, Gas (when I had them) and Jets....so I want to make sure it still work the way I think it’s, which doesn’t default to the Off position.

I just checked and I am sorry to say that the Throttle Lock does not stay locked when turning off the radio. Like 3 years ago, I am still disappointed in this incomplete and compromised safety feature.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Dansy

I just checked and I am sorry to say that the Throttle Lock does not stay locked when turning off the radio. Like 3 years ago, I am still disappointed in this incomplete and compromised safety feature.
Why would turn the radio off with the plane power battery still plug in?
Old 05-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Victory Pete

Why would turn the radio off with the plane power battery still plug in?
Not sure why you are asking that question. The point is that when the TX is turned off with Throttle Lock enabled, it will not be enabled when you turn it back on. Isn't that how you were not expecting it to work?
Old 05-08-2018, 04:29 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the locking switch and I use the preflight nanny also. Just wish the electronic lock did not default to off when changing models or turning off radio. I cant believe after all these years it is still the same limited and somewhat arbitrary operation.
Nope it's exact how it should be. Electronic lock it's just that, after system is restarted it's reset. Nobody in right mind would chase something thru the system and trying to find out why throttle is disabled. You know humans and by the way turbines have different startup than electrics. Nobody bumps up turbine by an accident.

Assign Throttle Lock to the switch, better locking switch and setup Alarm on switch position. You know like 99% of us.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 AM
wfield0455

Not sure why you are asking that question. The point is that when the TX is turned off with Throttle Lock enabled, it will not be enabled when you turn it back on. Isn't that how you were not expecting it to work?
Since the throttle lock is a "soft" function, I wouldn't expect it to carry across power cycles. I've always considered it's sole purpose to be a way to temporarily lock your throttle to prevent spool up if you bump the throttle stick by accident. If you want your throttle locked until you release it assign a switch to the throttle cut function and set the switch to require it to be in the "cut" position.

Personally I've never once used the throttle lock function and prefer the throttle cut function on a safety switch.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Victory Pete

Yup, it is simple, some people have different preferences. Everybody could use the E Throttle Lock just as they want even if it would not default to disable when power cycled or model change. I have been using the mechanical throttle locking switch for 3 years, it is great, I would love to be able to have an additional safety feature by using the E Throttle Lock, the way it is I can not. Options are good for everybody. Not sure why many like to argue this issue.

Last edited by Victory Pete; 05-08-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:51 AM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never think or expect an electronic (non mechanical switch) throttle lock to remain locked after the radio has been turned off and power cycled. This isn't logical in my opinion. On the other hand, a trim setting I would expect to hold in memory after a power cycle.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by DrV
I would never think or expect an electronic (non mechanical switch) throttle lock to remain locked after the radio has been turned off and power cycled. This isn't logical in my opinion. On the other hand, a trim setting I would expect to hold in memory after a power cycle.
What isn't logical about that? What limitation would that pose to anyone using it? How does it become illogical if it remains locked until unlocked. Many things in life are like that.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:07 AM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well we shall not get into life examples or scenarios at this point since we are talking about DS-24 specifically. My statement regarding illogical electronic switch function as stated is my opinion. I fly turbines exclusively. I never use throttle lock "switch". If I somehow hit it by pressing buttons and next time I can't start the turbine this is not a logical thought process in my mind that I would chase this locked switch. What makes sense to me (logical in my mind) I would reset everything including power cycling the Rx, ECU and the transmitter and initiate the turbine start process.
Again this is my opinion and what is logical to me.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by DrV
Well we shall not get into life examples or scenarios at this point since we are talking about DS-24 specifically. My statement regarding illogical electronic switch function as stated is my opinion. I fly turbines exclusively. I never use throttle lock "switch". If I somehow hit it by pressing buttons and next time I can't start the turbine this is not a logical thought process in my mind that I would chase this locked switch. What makes sense to me (logical in my mind) I would reset everything including power cycling the Rx, ECU and the transmitter and initiate the turbine start process.
Again this is my opinion and what is logical to me.
Jeti radios are made for different people all over the planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.