RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Old 08-31-2019, 06:33 AM
rbgetz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys! appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Agilefalcon
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Jeti DS-24 that I bought for my T-1 jet; however, I thought I'd also try it in my SAB Kraken helicopter along with integration to the Spirit flybarless gyro. I got all that set up but I have to say that the Jeti programming for helicopters is really limited. Feature wise it is missing anything you would need for contest flying like hovering pitch, hovering throttle. I would like to adjust points on a pitch curve or a mix curve in flight by toggling a switch for example. I was able to do all of this over 10 years ago on Airtronics Stylus. I get that most people buying this radio are flying jets - but is there any thought to making a more comprehensive helicopter programming set?

I tried setting up some mixes and so forth, but without direct access to points on a pitch curve via a mix, there is not a lot that can be done. For example, I would use a rotary dial to change the slope of the Normal pitch curve (to make it less sensitive) in the hover. It seems that with some changes in the underlying operating system, this radio should be able to compete with Futaba as a contest radio for helicopters. Right now though, it's very basic.

Chris.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:51 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Agilefalcon View Post
I have a Jeti DS-24 that I bought for my T-1 jet; however, I thought I'd also try it in my SAB Kraken helicopter along with integration to the Spirit flybarless gyro. I got all that set up but I have to say that the Jeti programming for helicopters is really limited. Feature wise it is missing anything you would need for contest flying like hovering pitch, hovering throttle. I would like to adjust points on a pitch curve or a mix curve in flight by toggling a switch for example. I was able to do all of this over 10 years ago on Airtronics Stylus. I get that most people buying this radio are flying jets - but is there any thought to making a more comprehensive helicopter programming set?

I tried setting up some mixes and so forth, but without direct access to points on a pitch curve via a mix, there is not a lot that can be done. For example, I would use a rotary dial to change the slope of the Normal pitch curve (to make it less sensitive) in the hover. It seems that with some changes in the underlying operating system, this radio should be able to compete with Futaba as a contest radio for helicopters. Right now though, it's very basic.

Chris.
I think you need to visit this forum
https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=322

Zb/jeti USA
Old 10-01-2019, 05:59 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Pre-Orders are open for Jeti Central Box 210, production started first pieces are due in US early November.

Zb/Jeti USA

The new Central Box 210 is an improvement over the venerable Central Box 200. We have removed the overload protection at each servo output and designed an aluminum housing for those high power demand applications. The Central Box 210 features true Battery Redundancy, Ditex Servo Telemetry, Jeti EX Telemetry, and up to three receiver inputs (2x 2.4GHz and 1x 900MHz) with serial (PPM, EX Bus) output for complete Power & RF Signal Redundancy.

With Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz DC/DS transmitters, the full potential of the Central Box can be used, such as easy way to wirelessly configure the Servo Outputs, Ditex Servo & EX Telemetry, Fail-Safe Setting or Function Assignment.

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287 - Search

Features:
- Control Management with Configurable Servo Output
- Power Distribution with Two Independent Inputs
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Case for Extra Cooling and Protection
- Firmware Updatable via Jeti USB Adapter and Jeti Studio
- Wirelessly Programmable Using DC/DS Tx Device Explorer
- Independent Receiver Signal Inputs (R1, R2, E1/R3)
- Up to 15x Standard PWM and Ditex Telemetry Servo Outputs
- Up to 3x Telemetry Sensors Inputs (E1/R3, E2/15, E3/14)

- Input for Included Magnetic or Optional Wireless Switch
- Input Voltage: 4V - 8.4V
- Output Current: 2x 20A Continues/90A Peak
- Dimensions/Weight: 65mm x 42mm x 18mm/59g

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-centralbox2102.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	2265433

Name:	jeti-centralbox2104.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	2265434

Name:	jeti-centralbox210r34.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	2265435
Old 10-01-2019, 08:53 AM
FlorianDo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That´s good news ZB, though what happened to the optional overprotection ? I think this was a nice feature for jets in case of servo wir cuts/shortcuts in case of fires/turbine issues..
Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All jeti batteries have a one time fuse of 70amps
no fires 😉
Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 AM
FlorianDo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by digitech View Post
All jeti batteries have a one time fuse of 70amps
no fires 😉
Haha, yes, with two batteries connected both "fuses" will go and no residual channels active :-)
Probably those fuses in the servo lines wouldn´t help much anyway when you only have control over a few remaining control surfaces in the rare case of a turbine wheel explosion (servo wires cut/shorted to the tail).. or a servo short (also very rare)

Was just wondering why the fused version wasn´t brought on the market.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:51 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by FlorianDo View Post
Was just wondering why the fused version wasn´t brought on the market.
Because users EXPLICITELY asked to have this function removed!
Old 10-01-2019, 04:31 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Is there going to be an option to buy just the CB210 by itself without the magnetic switch? I think a lot of us would like to just be able to swap out the CB and not have to pay for something extra like a magnetic switch.

I don’t see anything mentioning support for a stand alone Assist gyro, is that still in the works?
Old 10-01-2019, 05:41 PM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by FlorianDo View Post
That´s good news ZB, though what happened to the optional overprotection ? I think this was a nice feature for jets in case of servo wir cuts/shortcuts in case of fires/turbine issues..
More options, some 3D and IMAC guys specifically asked to have option of not having poly-fuses.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 PM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
Is there going to be an option to buy just the CB210 by itself without the magnetic switch? I think a lot of us would like to just be able to swap out the CB and not have to pay for something extra like a magnetic switch.

I don’t see anything mentioning support for a stand alone Assist gyro, is that still in the works?
That's the E1/R3 port is for, we needed high speed EX Bus port for standalone gyro.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 10-10-2019, 05:58 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	youtube-header.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	2265485  
Old 10-14-2019, 07:51 AM
Xantos

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Programming help DS 24

Hello ,
Im new to the Jeti and am trying to set up a Sab Drake.
I have the CB 200 , Demon Cortex Pro , 2 x servos elevons , 1 x servo canard , 2 x rudder and 2 x vector servos
what wing type should I select?
There isn't a Elevon setting .
I can choose multiple configurations of Ail and Flap only for the wing and similar multiple choices for the tail
Setup should be similar to the J10 etc.
Will be glad to get some set up tips
thanks
Old Today, 06:52 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jeti USA Press Release!!!

We would like to announce that October 23, 2019 we have finished all the required testing for Equipment Authorization of Jeti DS-12 Transmitter and we are in the process of filing for final approval from the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)!!!

Yes the most difficult and most expensive parts of the testing have been successfully finished.
Unfortunately, we still need a few weeks for all of the required documents to be filed.

Zb/Jeti USA

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287

Name:	horni-banner-yellow.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	2265600
Old Today, 07:07 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Xantos View Post
Hello ,
Im new to the Jeti and am trying to set up a Sab Drake.
I have the CB 200 , Demon Cortex Pro , 2 x servos elevons , 1 x servo canard , 2 x rudder and 2 x vector servos
what wing type should I select?
There isn't a Elevon setting .
I can choose multiple configurations of Ail and Flap only for the wing and similar multiple choices for the tail
Setup should be similar to the J10 etc.
Will be glad to get some set up tips
thanks

Hmmm, I could’ve sworn that there is a delta wing setting. I’ll take a look at my DS-24.
Old Today, 07:16 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Elevon is I there.....
Old Today, 08:51 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ZB View Post
Jeti USA Press Release!!!

We would like to announce that October 23, 2019 we have finished all the required testing for Equipment Authorization of Jeti DS-12 Transmitter and we are in the process of filing for final approval from the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)!!!

Yes the most difficult and most expensive parts of the testing have been successfully finished.
Unfortunately, we still need a few weeks for all of the required documents to be filed.

Zb/Jeti USA

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287

Attachment 2265600
ZB,
I would really like a low cost companion to my DC 24. To break out my DC 24 to fly a foamy is kind of overkill and since I am the only one among my fellows whom flies with a tray, I can no longer let someone else fly my airplane. A cheap DS whatever would fix that. From what I can tell this is still a $1000 solution. is this the case?
RP
Old Today, 09:59 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (38)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RickP View Post
ZB,
I would really like a low cost companion to my DC 24. To break out my DC 24 to fly a foamy is kind of overkill and since I am the only one among my fellows whom flies with a tray, I can no longer let someone else fly my airplane. A cheap DS whatever would fix that. From what I can tell this is still a $1000 solution. is this the case?
RP
A basic DS-12 will be about $250.00 less than a DS-14. So it'll be starting around $550.00. With more options and modules activated it will be more of course but a student radio doesn't need that
Old Today, 11:28 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RickP View Post
ZB,
RP
Same here, I put aside one Jeti DS-12 yellow with one of the Secraft Tray/Stands
Yes it's tons of money but at least all my telemetry, data logging and all models work.
You do not need all module active, get basic and if needed buy few software updates.

Transmitter Tray/Stand Aluminum Jeti DS-12

Name:	transmitter-tray-al-jeti-ds126.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2265601