Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smaze17
Do you think it's possible to hold the transmitter in your hand with just a neck strap? Seems to large for that. I see that it's no problem with the DS-16. Just can't get used to the whole tray thing.

Thx in advance.

S
Have a look here, Tero did very good job explaining the ergonomics.

Zb/Jeti USA

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/09/...dheld-to-tray/

From DS to DC – Handheld to Tray?Posted By: Tero 0 Comment Jeti, This'n'That
Now that DC-24 is shipping also in US I’ve got quite a lot of questions on how one can move from handheld DS-series to DC-series, tray-transmitters. So let’s try to answer some questions.
Please note that the matter is in highest grade a matter of opinion and personal taste!

[img]https://cdn.rc-thoughts.com/wp-conte...016/09/007.jpg[/img]

[img]https://cdn.rc-thoughts.com/wp-conte...016/09/002.jpg[/img]
Old 03-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by smaze17
Do you think it's possible to hold the transmitter in your hand with just a neck strap? Seems to large for that. I see that it's no problem with the DS-16. Just can't get used to the whole tray thing.

Thx in advance.

S
Have a look here, Tero did very good job explaining the ergonomics.

Zb/Jeti USA

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/09/...dheld-to-tray/

From DS to DC – Handheld to Tray?Posted By: Tero 0 Comment Jeti, This'n'That
Now that DC-24 is shipping also in US I’ve got quite a lot of questions on how one can move from handheld DS-series to DC-series, tray-transmitters. So let’s try to answer some questions.
Please note that the matter is in highest grade a matter of opinion and personal taste!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002[1].jpg
Views:	323
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	2206544   Click image for larger version

Name:	003[1].jpg
Views:	402
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	2206545   Click image for larger version

Name:	007[1].jpg
Views:	287
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	2206546  
Old 03-22-2017, 05:24 PM
flyalan61

I immediately replaced the upper sticks with those of the DS-16. I am a thumber! Have been for way to many years to change. The DS-16 tops are just the right height.
I also was not sure about the provided harness. I actually like it! Much more comfortable than I would have thought.
Not sure I will stick the the DC when the DS-24 comes out but for now I am glad I am giving it a try.

Cheers
Alan
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM
kasperwing

Yes indeed, Tero did an excellent job. I have been flying RC since 1967. Progressed from escapement to my current DC24. Everything Tero said about the Tray set-up just flat out works. It made so much sense to me ( in an effort to try out) that I fashioned a box out of heavy duty card board, and created a tray radio....straps and all from stuff laying around the house. Added 1500 grams ballast to approximate the feel.... used old Parker jotter ink pen barrels for sticks. It took a while to do all of this but it opened my eyes to what Europeans have known for a long time. A tray set up done right is just darn accurate and comfortable! One also enjoys a greater margin of safety ( personal, plane, and equipment). Check out the many videos on you tube of guys flying F3P. Many of the top guys fly DC24's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aex06p3hFYE

that is one of many. I was so impressed by the ease and control, it brought tears to my eyes. Why? Try flying like that using escapement radio gear ! LOL
Old 04-15-2017, 07:59 AM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Not quite DS-24 yet, but my yellow Jeti DC-24 with black tray/handle/harness finally made it to US. We are getting closer.

Zb/Jeti USA
does the DC-24 with this carbon tray and brackets fit inside the same transmitter case that comes stock with the transmitter? When you buy the tray, does it come with replacement foam inserts shaped for the TX to fit in the middle of the case?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:12 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Dear Jeti,

Summer is just about here!!

Any updates?!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:15 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Dear Jeti,

Summer is just about here!!

Any updates?!
Going to FCC soon (now?) so I'm guessing about August.

Last edited by wfield0455; 05-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:21 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok guys, I need expert help here. I have a DS-16 and preordered a 24 in Nov.

I use Demon Pro's in my big stuff and have a BV 1/6 F-16 with a cb 200, Demon pro and the DS-16. I flew the plane last week with the demon on a wire loom and converted it and the radio to the bus mid week. That involved updating the tx with the latest firmware as well as adding the demon bin file

Today I flew it for the first time on the bus. The flight was uneventful but post flight I went to look at the data logger to set a better low voltage alarm based on historical data. Initially the voltage appeared graphically but when I scrolled, the voltage said 0.0V despite graphically representing 8V or so. I decided to look at previous flights. All previous days I had flown showed no data for the F-16 but had my other planes listed. They had place-holders for the F-16 flights but no data. When I went back to look at the data from the flight today it was no data and Only 1.0kb despite having had data there previously (almost 450kb). It's like something eradicated all F-16 data from my tx going back months and months. I terminated flying until I can get an answer on this

thoughts? Help?

Thanks in advance

​​​​​​​Dave
Old 05-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Jeti USA

Talk to Danny from Demon Aero they have solution for Jeti / Demon integration.

Zb/Jeti USA

Originally Posted by ozief16

I use Demon Pro's in my big stuff and have a BV 1/6 F-16 with a cb 200, Demon pro and the DS-16. I flew the plane last week with the demon on a wire loom and converted it and the radio to the bus mid week. That involved updating the tx with the latest firmware as well as adding the demon bin file

Today I flew it for the first time on the bus. The flight was uneventful but post flight I went to look at the data logger to set a better low voltage alarm based on historical data. Initially the voltage appeared graphically but when I scrolled, the voltage said 0.0V despite graphically representing 8V or so. I decided to look at previous flights. All previous days I had flown showed no data for the F-16 but had my other planes listed. They had place-holders for the F-16 flights but no data. When I went back to look at the data from the flight today it was no data and Only 1.0kb despite having had data there previously (almost 450kb). It's like something eradicated all F-16 data from my tx going back months and months. I terminated flying until I can get an answer on this

thoughts? Help?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Last edited by Jeti USA; 05-30-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Jeti USA

Just wanted to share info, we just added DC-24 to our line of Test Drive radios.

Zb/Jeti USA

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287 - Jeti DS-14/16 Radio System Test Drive

Click image for larger version

Name:	esprittech201701b_800x350.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2217916
Old 05-30-2017, 11:15 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Last edited by kirkj; 12-01-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by kirkj
Would this DC 24 trial include the shorter sticks for use as a "thumbs" radio?
I have a DC24 and while I could use it flying thumbs it wouldn't work well and it's not just because of the stick length. Its a tray style radio and everything is laid out to be used with a harness while your hands rest on top of the transmitter, not wrapped around it. The switch layout is also totally different from the DC to the DS radios and I needed to rethink all my switch assignments when going from the DS to the DC. Both are excellent transmitters but if you really want a DS24, trying a DC24 won't give you useful feedback on what it would be like to fly with a DS24. Test driving a DS16 would be a much better comparison as the only difference will be the color screen and some added switches on the back panel of the DS24.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by ozief16

thoughts? Help?

Thanks in advance

​​​​​​​Dave
From your description it sounds like there may be something more going on but when someone says they can't find logged data following an upgrade it usually has something to do with the system time no longer being valid following the upgrade. That doesn't exlpain graphically seeing 8V vs displaying 0.0V though but it may explain it seeming as if many of your old logs have dissapeared. In any event it's easy to just go into the system menu and make sure the date/time is set correctly. If it isn't take care of that and try again..
Old 05-30-2017, 02:38 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Zb, the work around that Danny and those guys have works great. This has to do with logging

wfield, thank you. James said the same thing this morning

the other things he suggested are: get rid of the lua programming if you don't intend to use it (which I don't) (is use the 4.22 basic). Nothing wrong with lua, but it runs in the background and takes processor, so if you're not using it it's a waste. The second thing is to make sure a free running timer is setup and data logging is set to auto

thanks guys! I figured it was operator error
Old 06-17-2017, 07:18 PM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on the DS24!

Last edited by AV8ATOR; 06-17-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:11 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourselves a favour and just order the DC24, i did exactly that and use it as a hand radio. Put shorter DS sticks on it and swap the trainer switch over for a regular 2 pos to use as Gear switch. You will be suprized how comfortable it is over the DS now that your hands are operating in line with your shoulders....well closer to it anyway.

Ive got the rubber hand grips on the way which will make it even better.

Only thing thats a PIA is switch allocations do not transfer directly so you need to thoroughly go through your setup.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:10 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

When programming the ECU for the Kingtech with a jet radio, are you guys using -+80 or 100?
Old 06-18-2017, 02:36 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Dansy
When programming the ECU for the Kingtech with a jet radio, are you guys using -+80 or 100?
I personally use +/-80 but +/-100 should work just as well. The reason I chose +/- 80 is my that ECUs had "learned" ranges of 1100us-1900us (Stop - Full) with 1300us idle from my previous transmitter and +/-80 duplicated those ranges. Using +/-100 will give you a pulse width range of 1000us - 2000us which I would expect any ECU to accept. No matter which you use I would suggest selecting a receiver failsafe value that is OUTSIDE that range (I use 900us) so that the ECU will be able to properly log a loss of signal failure should your receiver go into fail-safe.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:43 AM
Dansy

Thank you, I have been using -+80 just didn't know if it made a difference but I need to check what I program in my failsafe.....I think it is -100% like my other planes....
Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is my standard setup which works on any turbine with a Xicoy ECU (Kingtech, JetCentral) and works on JetCat. This setup uses a two-position safety switch as both the throttle trim switch and a throttle cut switch. This eliminates using the trim buttons (which are reassigned to nose wheel steering trim) and throttle cut will shut down the engine immediately in an emergency (without the need for to pull back the stick AND lower the trim). Use a safety switch since you don't want to accidentally move the switch when everything is A-OK.

Servo setup for Throttle: Subtrim 0. Max positive +75, Max negative -75, Max positive limit +75, Max negative limit -125, Reverse No, Delay 0.0s 0.0s
Advanced Properties, Other Model Options: Throttle Cut switch (select a two position locking switch), Throttle Cut output value -125%
Fine Tuning, Digital Trim: for the second line (normally Throttle1) select nose wheel steering, scroll right and make the Mode "Centered"

You can see in servo monitor that,
With the safety switch down (trim low, throttle cut) the value is -93% regardless of stick position
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick down -73%
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick up +74%

I've never had a problem with these settings on hundreds of flights with many different brands of turbine.

Regards,

Jim
Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
Here is my standard setup which works on any turbine with a Xicoy ECU (Kingtech, JetCentral) and works on JetCat. This setup uses a two-position safety switch as both the throttle trim switch and a throttle cut switch. This eliminates using the trim buttons (which are reassigned to nose wheel steering trim) and throttle cut will shut down the engine immediately in an emergency (without the need for to pull back the stick AND lower the trim). Use a safety switch since you don't want to accidentally move the switch when everything is A-OK.

Servo setup for Throttle: Subtrim 0. Max positive +75, Max negative -75, Max positive limit +75, Max negative limit -125, Reverse No, Delay 0.0s 0.0s
Advanced Properties, Other Model Options: Throttle Cut switch (select a two position locking switch), Throttle Cut output value -125%
Fine Tuning, Digital Trim: for the second line (normally Throttle1) select nose wheel steering, scroll right and make the Mode "Centered"

You can see in servo monitor that,
With the safety switch down (trim low, throttle cut) the value is -93% regardless of stick position
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick down -73%
Safety switch up (trim high) and throttle stick up +74%

I've never had a problem with these settings on hundreds of flights with many different brands of turbine.

Regards,

Jim
Thank's I have a similar setup like yours...(actually have 4 locking switches)....I was just asking to see if there was something wrong with going -+80 versus 100 on JETI since 80 is 100.....and I have been run/flying with 80%....
Old 06-19-2017, 07:58 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Thank's I have a similar setup like yours...(actually have 4 locking switches)....I was just asking to see if there was something wrong with going -+80 versus 100 on JETI since 80 is 100.....and I have been run/flying with 80%....
Nothing wrong with it if it works...
Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My new DC-24 Carbon arrived Friday. I had it custom painted in Espritmodel yellow.

Now to set to work customizing the switches. Here's my setup FWIW:
Sa - 3-position long (flight modes & flaps)
Sb - 2-position short (elev high/low rate)
Sc - blank (plugged)
Sd - 2-position momentary long (timer announce)
Se - I had a 2-position Safety switch on my DC-16 but will switch to a 3-position short (Master reset of CB200 values, other two positions available to control another function)
Sf - 2-position short (throttle trim/cutoff)
Sg - 2-position long (telemetry audio on/off)
Sh - blank (plugged)
Si - 2-position short (ail high/low rate)
Sj - 2-position long (rud high/low rate)

Stick switches:
Sk (Left stick) - 2-position (retracts, rud to steering mix on/off)
SL (Right stick) - pushbutton (drop stores).

Trim "Pipper"
I install a trim "pipper" (looks like a witch's hat) on the left 4-button cluster and reassign the elev/ail trim to these (using the Digital Trim menu). Rudder and steering are assigned to the right 4-button cluster.

I'd be interested in hearing how other folks have configured their switches.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DC-24.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2220811  

Last edited by rcjets_63; 06-19-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 06-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Dansy

These are mine on my DC-24/DC-16 (wife)

Sa - 3-position long (Cruise/TO Flaps/Ldn Flaps)
Sb - 2-position short (Ldn Gear)
Sc - 2-position Locking Switch (Throttle Lock)
Sd - 2-position momentary long (Trainer Switch or reset )
Se - 3-position Long (Reset CB's or other little thing)
Sf - 2-position Long (AutoTrim)
Sg - 2-position Locking Switch (RX on/off)
Sh - 2-position Locking Switch (High Idle trim)
Si - 2-position Locking Switch (Ignition on/off (gas stuff))
Sj - 3-position momentary long (Menu pages fwd/aft)

Stick switches:
Sk (Left stick) - 3-position (Cruise 2 and 3)
SL (Right stick) - pushbutton (Announcement of different telemetry max 3 each way). THIS WILL BE CHANGE FOR ANOTHER 3 POSITION ON MY NEXT ORDER.....

Trim
Left side aileron and elevator
Right side Rudder (left/right) and Steering (up (right) and down (left))

6-7- various setup like gyro once set they are out
5- brakes
8- volume
Old 06-21-2017, 06:27 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.