Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 AM
darryltarr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst I waited patiently for my DC-24 (which was approximately six months late), I also became slightly frustrated with some of the forums and comments however, I have had my TX for six months now and can honestly say hands down: "This IS the radio of the future".

Well Done JETI
Old 02-13-2017, 04:13 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
I was hoping to convert my planes over to Jeti this winter, but now the delay on the ds-24 just says "Spring 2017". Can this delay really go until June? any info would help, just trying to plan for a few builds.
The FCC process will take 30-60 days assuming no major issues arise during testing. This is after a production radio is available for use as a test artical. This is totally out of ZB's control. I'm sure ZB will post as soon he has one. Then you can start planning.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:15 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
is there any way to add the 900MHz to the DS16 and use it or do us with the DS 16 have to sale them and get the new DS24 to get this feature?
Not possible without a major redesign.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping to convert my planes over to Jeti this winter, but now the delay on the ds-24 just says "Spring 2017". Can this delay really go until June? any info would help, just trying to plan for a few builds.
Unfortunately/Fortunately Jeti is small company and if they decide to make last minute modifications and improve product (New back plate on DS-24) there is absolutely nothing we can do on this side of the pound. But we trust them, the past can prove that. My DC-16 I got 4 yeas ago looks/feels like new, if not for the DC-24 it still would be the most advanced radio out there. Actually it's better now, I actually have 24 channels and telemetry functions and .....

But the Assist, Assist Receivers and DS-24 are the highest priority.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

PHotobucket down, so here is a new pic. I'm looking for the DS-24. But still, I'm in the dark.

Name:  Mewithalight.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  3.4 KB

Last edited by ravill; 08-01-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:51 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Zb, Thanks for responding I am definitely not regretting making my decision going to the DS-24. and I'm sure I'll be a major Jeti supporter/promoter once in my hands. I guess my frustration was I'm trying to get several large models ready for the season and now have to buy more equipment from Spektrum. I just didn't want to invest more in something I was just replacing. So, just accuracy of timing helps people plan better. Heck, if someone would rent me a DS-16, or some other TX in order to get used to, I'd pay for that.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Jeti USA

Contact us I am sure we can help.

Zb/Jeti USA

Zb, Thanks for responding I am definitely not regretting making my decision going to the DS-24. and I'm sure I'll be a major Jeti supporter/promoter once in my hands. I guess my frustration was I'm trying to get several large models ready for the season and now have to buy more equipment from Spektrum. I just didn't want to invest more in something I was just replacing. So, just accuracy of timing helps people plan better. Heck, if someone would rent me a DS-16, or some other TX in order to get used to, I'd pay for that.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:58 PM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

I'm in the same boat as rbgetz. Spektrum user who has decided to switch and waiting patiently for the DS-24. I also have a couple of large models that I won't buy additional Spektrum components for. I will wait... but it would be oh so nice to buy CB200's, receivers, and various telemetry items now and get them installed and configured this Winter. But, this hobby is an exercise in patience, right? :-) I know it will be worth the wait!
Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Your going to love the Jeti system it will be worth the wait
Old 02-16-2017, 01:24 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I handled the early prototype of the DS24 last august at the Jeti trade meet in CZ, and what is probably the final prototype in Nurnberg last week. On the face of it it is exactly the same a DS16 except the colur sceen is striking. As you will know there are controls on the back. For my hands these controls are in the perfect position and feel just right.
I have a DC24 and I love it. Now I will add a DS24 to my collection as and when they are ready.
They are in Beta testing now, and we should be grateful that Jeti take QC and Beta testing seriously. They won't start series production until they are as sure as they can be that they have ironed out the bugs
John
JettstreamUK
Old 02-16-2017, 03:55 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by djstar39
I'm in the same boat as rbgetz. Spektrum user who has decided to switch and waiting patiently for the DS-24. I also have a couple of large models that I won't buy additional Spektrum components for. I will wait... but it would be oh so nice to buy CB200's, receivers, and various telemetry items now and get them installed and configured this Winter. But, this hobby is an exercise in patience, right? :-) I know it will be worth the wait!
Option #2: Do what I did a just buy a DS-16 now. I found a new one here on RCU for under $1000. Even if you buy one retail it's $500 less than the DS-24.
The number of channels (24) and functionality is virtually the same. You miss the color screen and 900mHZ feature but so what? Worst case scenario you sell the DS-16 later and get a -24. You would still probably come out ahead dollar wise by not wasting money on Spectrum stuff now.....and you can keep your projects moving (like I have done all Winter). I've avoided the patience/frustration scenario and I'm ready to maiden my new jet as soon as the weather warms up.

FWIW, I love this radio and all it's capabilities. There's a robust availability of receivers, distribution systems, telemetry add-ons, accessories etc.,etc.., and lots of support here on RCU and through the "Jeti Shorts" videos. I will probably retrofit the rest of my fleet during the year.

Craig
Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by CraigG
Option #2: Do what I did a just buy a DS-16 now. I found a new one here on RCU for under $1000. Even if you buy one retail it's $500 less than the DS-24.
The number of channels (24) and functionality is virtually the same. You miss the color screen and 900mHZ feature but so what? Worst case scenario you sell the DS-16 later and get a -24. You would still probably come out ahead dollar wise by not wasting money on Spectrum stuff now.....and you can keep your projects moving (like I have done all Winter). I've avoided the patience/frustration scenario and I'm ready to maiden my new jet as soon as the weather warms up.

FWIW, I love this radio and all it's capabilities. There's a robust availability of receivers, distribution systems, telemetry add-ons, accessories etc.,etc.., and lots of support here on RCU and through the "Jeti Shorts" videos. I will probably retrofit the rest of my fleet during the year.

Craig

Craig good to hear how pleased you are with the Jeti radio system!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am waiting for the 24 to be available as well. Been flying the DS16 for a few years now and will never look back. The DS16 is very capable of doing whatever you want it to do and is still better than any other radio out there. I'm upgrading to the DS24 for the color screen as it will be easier for me to see.
Cant wait....
Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I didn't know there was a Jeti 24 channel receiver out?
Old 02-16-2017, 12:51 PM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by ravill
I didn't know there was a Jeti 24 channel receiver out?
You use the CB400 to have 24 channels.

The current DS-16 with firmware 4.0 or 4.2 is 24 channel capable.

Last edited by Bob_B; 02-16-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:18 PM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG

Craig
Well Craig... I took your advise and i just bought a DS-16 for the interim until the DS-24 shows up. I need to get some models ready. So.. I guess I can also announce that the DS-16 will be for sale...
Old 02-16-2017, 03:40 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Well Craig... I took your advise and i just bought a DS-16 for the interim until the DS-24 shows up. I need to get some models ready. So.. I guess I can also announce that the DS-16 will be for sale...
Smart guy....you won't regret it. You will be learning all about your new radio and setting up your models while others continue to wait. I first got interested in Jeti when I talked to them at Joe Nall in May of last year. The expected release date for the DS-24 then was "6 months". Now they are talking about 30 to 60 days for FCC approval, after a production test article is available. (Hint: the FCC is a government agency and not known for their fast and helpful processes.)

I'm not knocking Jeti here....I'm sure they are doing their best and will eventually bring this and other promised products to market. But, I'm not getting any younger and having already been burned waiting for and then buying a Weatronic tx, I'm happy to go with a proven (and available) product now.

Craig

PS: Anybody interested in a really nice Weatronic Bat 60 transmitter?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 PM
damagedgoodes

I too was waiting for the DS-24 to switch over from JR DMSS but ended up buying a second hand perfect condition DS-14 for just over $500. It had a few upgrades already done and unlocking to 14 channels means I can do everything I need to now. This has allowed me to switch some models over to Jeti and get used to the programming difference. I've already bought my Powerbox Mercury's for two new jet models and once the DS-24 is released the 14 will become my son's transmitter and we can buddy box. I was really happy with my JR gear and have always flown JR but I'm loving my Jeti system.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 PM
levendis

Relatively happy DS16 user wondering about the pending DS-24 upgrade. Having used a Futaba 14MZ before I actually thought the touchscreen interface and the colour screen are useful additions - quick question though - for the DC-24 users, how much battery life have you been seeing when in normal practical sunlit daytime usage? (The concern is that the IPS screen consumes a lot of power)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Leardriver
My Feedback: (12)

Red/Carbon DS-24 Ordered!
Old 02-17-2017, 11:41 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Last weekend I spent most of my time setting up a complex model. I charged all batteries before I began and late Sunday afternoon the Tx announced low battery. I certainly did not have the Tx switched on the whole of the time but lets say 50 percent of the time. So that is about 5-6 hours continous.
When I have been flying the battery power reduction has not been noticable.
John
Old 02-18-2017, 05:20 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by levendis
Relatively happy DS16 user wondering about the pending DS-24 upgrade. Having used a Futaba 14MZ before I actually thought the touchscreen interface and the colour screen are useful additions - quick question though - for the DC-24 users, how much battery life have you been seeing when in normal practical sunlit daytime usage? (The concern is that the IPS screen consumes a lot of power)
I used my DC-24 for several days at the field like I did with my DC-16 and the larger battery....started with the small battery on the DC-16 and was still was several days at the field before recharge. 7-10 flights a day.....
Old 02-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Jeti USA

We just received the final version of the new Jeti R3 900 receiver as well as test firmware for FCC.

Next week we will be making video of 2.4GHz and 900MHz Dual band integration.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 02-19-2017, 02:56 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Zb,
any update on timing for DS-24?
thanks!
Dave
Old 02-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Jeti USA

Version 4.22 for DC/DS-24, DC/DS-16 and DC/DS-14 Transmitters

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

UPDATE 4.22 (February, 2017)
Download Firmware DC/DS-24 v4.22
Download Firmware DC/DS-16 v4.22 (Standard)
Download Firmware DC/DS-16 v4.22 (Lua Version)
Download Firmware DC/DS-14 v4.22 (Standard)
Download Firmware DC/DS-14 v4.22 (Lua Version)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.