Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ww2birds
thanks all. I went back and edited my original posts to note to error in my initial statement that CB200 does not have EX bus out .. since it does!

I hooked it all up with channels 1-14 run by the CB200, pin 15 of the CB set to EX Bus out, and the remainder of the EX signals translated to S-Bus with the same channel numbers via the SlinkE device connected to pin 15, feeding the Sbus line to the devices on the nose of the jet, power fed from a servo port on CB200. Works like a charm :-)

I may do some further testing .. perhaps since pin 15 can also be a servo output, settable to EX bus, it might do more current than a dedicated EX bus output and not have the EX bus pin current limitation.

thanks for the clarification on the devices, Carsten. Do you and Sandor have that new Jeti device for sale yet?

Dave
By Pin 15 do you mean the EXT port or one of the 2 ports that can also be configured as servo ports ? I don;'t have a CB200 handy to look at but the servo ports are fine, the EXT port is not. The current limitation is for Rx1, Rx2 and EXT. So while the EXT port can be configured for EX Bus output, it isn't a good choice to connect an SlinkE and use that to drive SBUS servos but the ports that can be configured as servo outputs also, should be fine, I just can't remember if that's 13/14 or 14/15...

Last edited by wfield0455; 06-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Port 14/15 can be Telemetry or servo’son the CB200
Old 06-01-2018, 04:33 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Port 14/15 can be Telemetry or servo’son the CB200
Thanks Daniel.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Thanks Daniel.
Wayne that was an easy one....
Old 06-02-2018, 02:52 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks all. I went back and edited my original posts to note to error in my initial statement that CB200 does not have EX bus out .. since it does!

I hooked it all up with channels 1-14 run by the CB200, pin 15 of the CB set to EX Bus out, and the remainder of the EX signals translated to S-Bus with the same channel numbers via the SlinkE device connected to pin 15, feeding the Sbus line to the devices on the nose of the jet, power fed from a servo port on CB200. Works like a charm :-)

I may do some further testing .. perhaps since pin 15 can also be a servo output, settable to EX bus, it might do more current than a dedicated EX bus output and not have the EX bus pin current limitation.

thanks for the clarification on the devices, Carsten. Do you and Sandor have that new Jeti device for sale yet?

Dave
Hi Dave
Danny at Aeropanda can help you.
he does all our usa&canada sales.
you can see all other products also at www.digitech.nl
Old 06-02-2018, 02:04 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, I was referring to the Central Telematic Unit for Jeti... is it ready yet?

Dave
Old 06-03-2018, 12:57 AM
digitech

thanks, I was referring to the Central Telematic Unit for Jeti... is it ready yet?

Dave
we are producing them as we Speak.
realisticly we need about 6 weeks i think until release.
we had some last minute changes , for future support of other brands and Implementation for Jeti.
i wish i could say more ;-) , but we had some good news a few days back.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:21 AM
ww2birds

Super! Ready to get one as soon as they are available ... thanks!

Dave
Old 06-04-2018, 09:19 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeti saved the day. Again.

20 seconds without signal on one 2.4 link.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:05 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

OK, 20 seconds is a long time. I would think if an antenna needs moving or something with the 2.4 placement it wouldn't normally stay blocked that long. Any ideas as to why you lost the 2.4? Curious as I have one of these but haven't had a chance to fly it yet.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:15 AM
gapellegrini

This field is heavily 2.4 polluted. I´m pretty sure it was external jamming.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gapellegrini
This field is heavily 2.4 polluted. I´m pretty sure it was external jamming.

Gabriel, a Q = 0 doesn't mean you had no signal.
The transmitter wasn't listening to the receiver, but the receiver was receiving OK, except for an instant at 403.

Jack
Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 AM
gapellegrini

Jack,

The blue line is the second rx. I know a zero Q doesn´t mean no signal for sure. But when you have no signal Q goes to zero for sure. Right?
Old 06-04-2018, 02:43 PM
ww2birds

As I learned from Danny this morning (wow does that guy know a lot about this system .. and is very generous to share it) .. the return signal sent by the RX is transmitted with less power than the transmitter that controls the model .. so the return link will (by design) have lower quality than the uplink.

The idea is that when the downlink (which is what you see on that screen) is bad, you take action to bring the model closer or land, and use the extra transmit power of the uplink as insurance so the model is still under control. Very sensible design, I'd say...

Dave
Old 06-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack,

The blue line is the second rx. I know a zero Q doesn´t mean no signal for sure. But when you have no signal Q goes to zero for sure. Right?

Gabriel,
The receivers send information to the transmitter everytime they receive an information package. In other words, there is an acknowledgment of package received.
The transmitter counts the number of acknowledgments that it "heard" and compares it with the number of packages sent. Q represents that percentage.
Q = 100% means all packages sent were received, with no doubt.
Q < 100% could either mean that the packages were not received; or, that the acknowledgement was not "heard" by the transmitter.

The important values to monitor are the A's. They represent the volume or intensity of the signal received.

Q related alarms are annoying and useless in my opinion. Alarms for a low value of "A" (say 3) are great information.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Q related alarms are annoying and useless in my opinion. Alarms for a low value of "A" (say 3) are great information.
Interesting... I would think that the value of "A" is also send by the Rx to the Tx. If no data received for "A" is shown as A=0, but data received will be shown with the actual value (Say A=1), then I can see why an alarm on "A" is more useful.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 PM
digitech

\
Imagine you are in a large room listening to someone whispering at the other side of the room.
The volume is low ( A values) but you can clearly make out every word, high Q value.
Now fill the room with other people all talking, the noise level is very high, the person talking to you is almost shouting in your ear ( high volume, high A value) but you still cannot make out some words they say,
low Q value. So what matters most is the Q value because you want to make out all the words they are saying regardless of how loud.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:55 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech

\
Imagine you are in a large room listening to someone whispering at the other side of the room.
The volume is low ( A values) but you can clearly make out every word, high Q value.
Now fill the room with other people all talking, the noise level is very high, the person talking to you is almost shouting in your ear ( high volume, high A value) but you still cannot make out some words they say,
low Q value. So what matters most is the Q value because you want to make out all the words they are saying regardless of how loud.
This is exactly how I explain this concept as well
Q is important but what is also important is to understand that all of what we and the transmitter know of Q, signal strength (A1/A2) and all other telemetry is dependent on the quality of the downlink. Since the Jeti system is designed with the intent of losing the downlink before the uplink there is a margin that can be used to continue to fly even when the downlink is lost and alarms based on this downlinked data are screaming at us. How big is the margin? Testing in fairly quiet RF environments with onboard data loggers has shown anywhere from 15-30% better uplink "Q" than what is reported on the downlink. Is this safe? Well, before the Jeti system there really wasn't much live downlinked telmetery available to us. We all would fly and range out until something bad happened. Most of the time everything worked out great and we got to fly again. But every now and then we found ourselves running towards our out of control airplanes transmitter held high above our head screaming "I ain't got it!". I would never say downlinked telemetry is requited for safe flight but I do like having it available to make better decisions.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:39 PM
digitech

yes I borrowed this story from Facebook , this explanation was so good i needed to share it... ;-)
Old 06-04-2018, 10:06 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

In my experience to improve your Q values in a saturated field use “Default” mode for transmittion. In this mode ALL four transmitter antennas are communicating with the receiver rather than just two transmitter antennas in “Double Path”. I use R900 as backup in Sat2

David
Old 06-05-2018, 04:07 AM
gapellegrini

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
In my experience to improve your Q values in a saturated field use “Default” mode for transmittion. In this mode ALL four transmitter antennas are communicating with the receiver rather than just two transmitter antennas in “Double Path”. I use R900 as backup in Sat2

David
David I will try this. I have not yet tried because I need a Jeti Box to take the rx out of clone mode if I want to.Is that correct?

I don´t have the Jeti box.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 AM
gapellegrini

Originally Posted by digitech

\
That´s a great analogy. On my example above plane was not far away and other Q reads close to 100%. So I believe I can rule out downlink range.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 AM
digitech

i fly Jeti for about 8-9 years started with drones.
we always used 2 Rsat cloned for reception.
first thing that went out was the telemetric data , however this ment also the drone was OUT of sight!.
i use Jeti now for my hobby also , and fly Jets only , i use a simple rex 12 with telemetric , sometimes i get a Signal warning , but only at a specific spot on the field and antennas pointing towards me.
i dont worry.....
one thing i really should point out , Jeti made a mistake!.
they should have used a transparent backplate so see how well thought and quality their PCB,s are , thats allready a enjoyment to look at... ;-)
Old 06-05-2018, 07:56 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

David I will try this. I have not yet tried because I need a Jeti Box to take the rx out of clone mode if I want to.Is that correct?

I don´t have the Jeti box.
Yes a Jeti Box is helpful. But first try to re flash the R3 with firmware again.. not sure but possibly will remove the clone mode and back to standard mode. Also if you are comfortable you can use the Jetibox emulator on your transmitter to get into the clone receiver

DavId
Old 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Yes a Jeti Box is helpful. But first try to re flash the R3 with firmware again.. not sure but possibly will remove the clone mode and back to standard mode. Also if you are comfortable you can use the Jetibox emulator on your transmitter to get into the clone receiver

DavId
When referring to a "Jeti Box", does that include all 3 of these products?

​​​​​​· Jeti Telemetry & Spin/Mezon ESC JetiBox Monitor/Programmer
· Jeti Telemetry & Spin/Mezon ESC JetiBox Mini Monitor/Programmer
· Jeti Telemetry JetiBox Profi Monitor/Programmer

Could someone please explain the difference/function of these products and what one actually needs to access and/or delete "clone mode"?

Thanks,
Craig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.