Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 08:41 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Few Pictures of Jeti Central Box 210 and 220, you can check the pdf. for details.
Main difference is CB210 no poly-fuses, CB220 11 Standard + 4 HD servo protection.
Prices very similar, CB220 should be only $20.00 more expensive than CB210

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by ZB; 11-01-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:00 AM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like input voltage and output voltage are the same in CB220. No voltage regulator like CB400
Old 11-02-2019, 11:05 AM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cb200

Is the CB 200 going to be discontinued? Any issues with the 200,? I’m reading bits of information about the fuses?

thanks

Am

Last edited by AngusMc; 11-02-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AngusMc
Is the CB 200 going to be discontinued? Any issues with the 200,? I’m reading bits of information about the fuses?

thanks

Am
What I read before the answer is no, just the lower model plastic case versus those fancy aluminum one....I have several in my jets...they work great.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:17 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The CB200 is a good product, I have several of them in service.

The only thing to consider is the fact that the CB200 uses polyfuses on the servo power outputs. These are similar to physical fuses in that they open when too much current is passed through them, but unlike physical fuses, they close again when they recover. They are tripped by heating, and once open, the source of heating stops and they re-close. If you are curious, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resettable_fuse

The idea is that a shorted servo does not take down the power supply to the entire aircraft, a laudable goal. The issue is that with very large jets or large 3D aerobatic airplanes, the approx 4A trip points of the polyfuses could be hit in extreme flight operations (e.g. flaps full on large jet at too high a speed, huge aileron or elevator deflections in 3D birds).

I've made measurements on the CB200's polyfuses and find that they take a current a little beyond 4A applied for 10s of seconds before they open. You can get close to this on the flaps for example on an Ultra Bandit with full flaps put down at a little too high a speed .. I've got the measurements for this (!) .. and they polyfuses did not pop. But if they had it is likely on flap would "pop" before the other which could be a problem...

So I think it's safe to say that for most of us, this is not likely a concern .. just something to be aware of. I first noticed this when Jeti published update notes on the CB 200 that suggested it would be appropriate to parallel the power and ground (NOT the signal!) wires from two outputs of the CB200 for possible high-draw situations.

I really appreciate Jeti making us aware of this in the release notes and applaud them for giving us a choice in the new central box.

For my larger planes, I use a CB400 but don't use its servo power outputs (red and black wires to servos) for possible high-draw surfaces directly .. I supply power from another source (e.g. the BEC on the CB400) to avoid this risk.

As you have seen, Jeti will have an option for polyfuses or not on the new CB which is really great .. then we can make a choice based on the requirements of a particular install.

Dave
Old 11-03-2019, 12:27 AM
AngusMc

Originally Posted by ww2birds

The only thing to consider is the fact that the CB200 uses polyfuses on the servo power outputs. These are similar to physical fuses in that they open when too much current is passed through them, but unlike physical fuses, they close again when they recover. They are tripped by heating, and once open, the source of heating stops and they re-close. If you are curious, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resettable_fuse

The idea is that a shorted servo does not take down the power supply to the entire aircraft, a laudable goal. The issue is that with very large jets or large 3D aerobatic airplanes, the approx 4A trip points of the polyfuses could be hit in extreme flight operations (e.g. flaps full on large jet at too high a speed, huge aileron or elevator deflections in 3D birds).

I've made measurements on the CB200's polyfuses and find that they take a current a little beyond 4A applied for 10s of seconds before they open. You can get close to this on the flaps for example on an Ultra Bandit with full flaps put down at a little too high a speed .. I've got the measurements for this (!) .. and they polyfuses did not pop. But if they had it is likely on flap would "pop" before the other which could be a problem...

So I think it's safe to say that for most of us, this is not likely a concern .. just something to be aware of. I first noticed this when Jeti published update notes on the CB 200 that suggested it would be appropriate to parallel the power and ground (NOT the signal!) wires from two outputs of the CB200 for possible high-draw situations.

I really appreciate Jeti making us aware of this in the release notes and applaud them for giving us a choice in the new central box.

For my larger planes, I use a CB400 but don't use its servo power outputs (red and black wires to servos) for possible high-draw surfaces directly .. I supply power from another source (e.g. the BEC on the CB400) to avoid this risk.

As you have seen, Jeti will have an option for polyfuses or not on the new CB which is really great .. then we can make a choice based on the requirements of a particular install.

Dave
Thanks Dave, exactly the information I was looking for, building a Havoc SS and had a concern with the flaps, might wait for the new central box just to be safe.

thanks

Angus
Old 11-03-2019, 02:31 AM
Looping31

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave
Hi,
Thank you Dave for your interesting contribution.
So, I guess that the new CB210 has no polyfuses, so it has no overload protection in case of stuck servo or elec short ?
Arnaud
Old 11-03-2019, 03:24 AM
bem

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see on Hacker Motor GmbH Facebook that it is a new Jeti DC-16 (color display, backup 900 MHz etc) coming (in January 2020), that is shown this weekend (Nov 1-3) at Faszination Modellbau in Friedrichshafen, Germany. If and when it will be in US I'm sure Zb/Jeti USA can tell.
Some info already at "jetiforum", some person that visited
Faszination Modellbau and have seen the "new" radio posted here:
https://jetiforum.de/index.php/4-jet...042-neue-dc-16
(change language with the flags in upper right corner)

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 11-03-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Dansy

Thanks Dave, exactly the information I was looking for, building a Havoc SS and had a concern with the flaps, might wait for the new central box just to be safe.

thanks

Angus
Will be building an SS as well soon....and I will be using a CB200, they never let me down and I have never trip any poly fuse....only a bad setup could do that....using the MKS380 on the flaps and Rudder....MKS599 for ailerons and elevator with a MKS 550 on steering...if out I might do a 220...just because it’s pretty.....but the 200 will work just fine as it’s working in all my jets
Old 11-03-2019, 03:36 PM
AngusMc

Originally Posted by Dansy
Will be building an SS as well soon....and I will be using a CB200, they never let me down and I have never trip any poly fuse....only a bad setup could do that....using the MKS380 on the flaps and Rudder....MKS599 for ailerons and elevator with a MKS 550 on steering...if out I might do a 220...just because it’s pretty.....but the 200 will work just fine as it’s working in all my jets
Picking up the Havoc ss in a few days it’s at the post office, plan was ( have everything) CB 200, cortex pro, MKS9930 all around. Still debating on engine. Might just go with what I have,

am
Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Dansy

Picking up the Havoc ss in a few days it’s at the post office, plan was ( have everything) CB 200, cortex pro, MKS9930 all around. Still debating on engine. Might just go with what I have,

am
Cortex Pro as well....and K210 G2
Old 11-03-2019, 05:39 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Excellent choice all the way around! I have 9930’s in my large Havoc and really like them. All control surfaces except flaps, where I have HBL599’s. Noticeably smoother than 777A+’s that I’ve used in the past before learning about the 9930’s. CB200 and Cortex Pro. Great setup!

Be sure to use high quality wire such as PowerBox Maxi Wire.

JS

am
Old 11-03-2019, 06:12 PM
ww2birds

I've used the CB200 on an ultra bandit with a merlin 200XBL, and a large (not the new giant one..) skymaster Viperjet with the same 200 merlin .. no probs on either. over many many flights I think the Havoc SS would be just fine with the CB200. The big havoc I'd give some more thought.

Yes a bad setup (poor mech advantage) could create a problem .. but hey .. we have telemetry on the Jetis .. just look at the total current draw in some of your flights and decide for yourself .. even if not monitoring individual servos, you can see the current draw from flaps going down. I have a verbal warning when either battery current from the CBs goes over 4A total .. and I get it now and then .. but this is over all surfaces ... not that any one of them is over 4A.

And I really like the fact that Jeti is giving us a choice .. to have polyfuses or not .. the new one with polyfuses says it has some outputs for high current and some for normal. Kudos to Jeti ... we can pick what we need for a given install.

Dave
Old 11-04-2019, 06:17 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I’ve had no issues at all on a T-3 and my current large Havoc. Flaps are setup so that servo arm is pointed straight at flap when at full flaps. You can put pressure on the flaps with your hand to simulate wind and there are no servo amps drawn ... mechanically locked. It’s also important to ensure you are not pulling amps when flaps are up.

I keep a close eye on my amp usage and it’s all good. Love the data logging capability of Jeti!

I would not want to have a setup where you’re relying on the servo power to hold full flaps.

JS

I've used the CB200 on an ultra bandit with a merlin 200XBL, and a large (not the new giant one..) skymaster Viperjet with the same 200 merlin .. no probs on either. over many many flights I think the Havoc SS would be just fine with the CB200. The big havoc I'd give some more thought.

Yes a bad setup (poor mech advantage) could create a problem .. but hey .. we have telemetry on the Jetis .. just look at the total current draw in some of your flights and decide for yourself .. even if not monitoring individual servos, you can see the current draw from flaps going down. I have a verbal warning when either battery current from the CBs goes over 4A total .. and I get it now and then .. but this is over all surfaces ... not that any one of them is over 4A.

And I really like the fact that Jeti is giving us a choice .. to have polyfuses or not .. the new one with polyfuses says it has some outputs for high current and some for normal. Kudos to Jeti ... we can pick what we need for a given install.

Dave
Old 11-04-2019, 01:28 PM
ww2birds

Quite right .. good practice to use mechanics to your advantage on flaps. But even if they are "locked" at full, they spend some time at partial, and some time moving toward full...

Glad to hear it's good on the big Havoc with a proper setup.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Has anyone seen this error? I've tried re-seating the cable that connects the switches/levers on the back panel but I keep getting this error pretty frequently. If I click on OK my switches SA and SB don't work, which control my Retracts and Flaps. This issue has been on-going since I got my DS-24 about a year ago, but it has recently started happening much more frequently and it's also becoming more and more difficult to resolve. E.g. this past Sunday at the field it took me 15 minutes of turning it on and off to get it recognize the switches and operate correctly, needless to say after all that I decided it was not safe to fly until I got this sorted out. I'm really interested in pre-ordering a DS-12 for my Helicopters but this issue is making me think I might be better off just keeping my DX-18. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. - Tom
Old 11-05-2019, 10:15 AM
ZB

Give James call, this might be something defective on the t-board. 1 321 729 4287

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 11-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by ZB
Give James call, this might be something defective on the t-board. 1 321 729 4287

Zb/Jeti USA
Thanks, I'll give him a call. -Tom
Old 11-06-2019, 05:46 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

And please let us know the resolution
Old 11-07-2019, 06:33 AM
Tip22v

Talked with James on the phone, after describing the issue he suggested I send it to him, so I mailed it out yesterday. He did say that he has never seen this type of error but feels like it might be a bad switch on the back panel. Fingers crossed it’s something simple.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:08 AM
ZB

As some of you might know there will be Gen 2 of Jeti DC-16 Radio System coming up early next year, and we know that market for tray style radios in North/South Americas is very small. Would be even anybody interested in this kind of product?

Zb/Jeti USA

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC-16-Gen2-2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	2265688

Name:	DC-16-G2-3-2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	2265689

Name:	DC-16-G2-4-2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	2265690

Name:	NEWS-DC-16-II_Page_2-Copy-861x1024.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	2265691
Old 11-07-2019, 08:35 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=ZB;12562036]As some of you might know there will be Gen 2 of Jeti DC-16 Radio System coming up early next year, and we know that market for tray style radios in North/South Americas is very small. Would be even anybody interested in this kind of product?

Zb/Jeti USA

I already have a DC-24. I won't be buying another one any time soon. I'm the only one around here flying with a tray....
RP
Old 11-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Dansy

I don’t see myself downgrading to another DC16...while I have my DC-24...
Old 11-08-2019, 03:39 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

DS16 G2 would be of interest to me.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:49 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I know it will never happen but a DS16 to DS16G2 upgrade service would interest me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.