Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ordering From Global Jet Club experience?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ordering From Global Jet Club experience?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:55 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering From Global Jet Club experience?

Has anyone ordered form Global Jet Club for Jet Legend products? How was your experience? Recently I placed an order back in September for the Jet Legend Yak 130 1:4 scale and paid a 50% deposit. I was given a 16 week estimate delivery via container; just as a buffer it was also agreed that it would be no later than 20 weeks. Based on my order the estimated delivery date would have been January 15th 2016 to February 15th 2016.

Well all did not go as planned and Jose from Global Jet club contacted last week and said they are going to cancel my order and issue me a refund because Jet Legend hasn't even started work on the airframe and they have no idea when it will be shipped; I asked if they needed more time say, Mid to late March, but now they don't even they can hit this with Chinese New Year coming.

So now I'm getting a refund and I'm disappointed because I have these matched J.C. cheetah power pack turbines that purchased in anticipation of the yak. I suppose its better than keeping funds while you wait indefinitely but do the estimate time lines mean anything? If not why even give a time line at all?

After this I think Chief and Skymaster are the only game in town, used to be CARF but they don't keep anything in the U.S. any more either.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:20 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't really help with the JL issue, but at least GJC has given you a honest update and offered to refund your money instead of excuses and no refund options. If you really want the Yak and you're not worried the timeline...keep the order.

As far as CARF, I know DW is bringing in a container so you can either order what you want or check to see if it is already slated to come. They also have a couple kits in stock as well.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:28 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Well that is the issue, they will not let me keep the order, desptie me telling them I'll wait...
Old 01-03-2016, 07:32 PM
George

Originally Posted by Alkaline
Well that is the issue, they will not let me keep the order, desptie me telling them I'll wait...
Well that sucks!!

Then I can only imagine that they (GJC) do not feel JL can deliver at all or something else is beyond their control. I'd be thankful in that case.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Birdman6310

I think GJC need to do more for you here particularly as you have already bought the turbines for the plane
Old 01-03-2016, 11:28 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a Skymaster jet from GJC and it went well, a couple minor delays from Skymaster but that's not GJC's fault! I had ordered parts from GJC for a jet legend jet and they came in incorrect and it was definitely Jet Legends fault, GJC was nice enough to refund me despite it not being their issue!

This sounds like a Jet Legend problem not a GJC problem. I have learned to wait on buying anything till you have the actual airframe!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:59 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You can buy mine. Just finished being built.
scott
Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 AM
George

Originally Posted by jetpilot
You can buy mine. Just finished being built.
scott
Pics Scott!!
Old 01-04-2016, 07:08 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Thank your lucky stars you are dealing with GJC
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree JL is impossible to deal with and GJC saved you from allot of grief.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 AM
F-16 viperman

Originally Posted by gunradd
I agree JL is impossible to deal with and GJC saved you from allot of grief.
I applaud Their honesty too. It's hard to do business when You can't count on Your vendors getting the merchandise arriving on time, or at all.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
blainer48
My Feedback: (30)

I ordered my Xcalibur plus through GJC and they always kept me up to date of shipping dates and so forth. Then after I received my jet there was an issue with a missing part and they were on it very quick, apologized and I received the replacement part very fast. I can't complain about them at all. Jose always answered my questions and if he didn't know right then, he found the answer and got back to me.

Jason
Old 01-04-2016, 12:53 PM
jets
My Feedback: (10)

Jose and GJC are great to work with. The real problem is the Chinese RC Jet manufactures and their ever changing skilled labor force. All the RC Jet manufactures are with-in shouting distance with each other and will switch companies at the least provocation or leave to go to another industry. This creates delays and back-logs on all our orders and no one is immune. A 6 month delay will become more common.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:05 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I bought an F-18 kit, not an ARF, through Mike at GJC a few years ago. I was very pleased with the purchase and will do so again. I do remember it taking an extra couple weeks, but it wasn't an issue for me. Since then, I try to buy what stock is here in the country to avoid this kind of frustration. I would be happy that Mike/GJC is still a very honest company. Is Mike still the owner?
And Birdman, GJC returning the money is fair enough!! It isn't GJC fault that someone would purchase engines, radio gear, etc, before having the jet kit in hand and on the table. Besides, like most of us, if it doesn't go into this jet, we look for the next one.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-04-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:14 PM
George

Yes Dan, Mike is still the owner.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:19 PM
RCFlyerDan

Thanks! I would definitely still buy from GJC.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-04-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:42 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Why would you buy from anyone besides GJC if they handle what you want.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:46 PM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by aquaskiman
Why would you buy from anyone besides GJC if they handle what you want.
I like Andy with CARF and currently only flying CARF Viper and 3.2m Extra.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:53 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly with Mike (when he is in town). He is still the owner of GJC and is a solid guy to deal with - as well as being a modeler just like us. Mike has done a lot over the years to improve the quality of the airframes out of China, particularly the Jet Legend, FEJ, FB etc., and he flies what he sells. Unfortunately, quality has slipped again after making positive progress in years past due to increasing mfr costs in China and the pursuit of profits by the factories there. I think Mike went through a frustrating period last year in trying to get those factories to improve quality, and has at this point welcomed Skymaster into GJC as his core brand (maybe he will chime in) and will be focusing on supporting these aircraft. Between GJC and affiliate DreamWorks, they have most of the USA jet market covered. I personally would not purchase a China airframe without having GJC part of the transaction.

Last edited by TTRotary; 01-04-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with GJC when I bought my JL Viper was nothing but top-shelf. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again!

Sluggo
Old 01-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

GJC is a fair and honest merchant! I have 2 JL planes from them a few years ago and while the JL work was substandard in some places I was able to make them airworthy and they are both still flying today! Mike is a true gentleman in every sense of the word, as is Dave Murray, with whom I did the transactions. Mikes cannot control the JL factory though, so caveat emptor when getting anything from China. I am dealing with a Der Jet fiasco now, and also remember FEJ, so it is not limited to JL.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:15 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it speaks highly of GJC to issue a refund without the OP having to ask for it or fight them for it, How many times have we heard of things going the opposite way with many other vendors.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:50 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jet Legend can be A $ $ holes. GJC did the right thing. I've read countless threads of suppliers giving the runaround on delivery dates and refunds.

I wonder if JL has the balls to treat BMV like this.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:31 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi All,

Thank you for your support and understanding. The decision that we want to refund his deposit is based on the following reasons,

1. Yak 130 is a special order rather than our blanket orders of other jets, like our popular VIPER 1.9M, L39, F16, etc, so the factory normally have to allocate time to do a small batch run for better quality control and labor allocations, therefore ,we have to collect a few orders before their production starts, This puts delivery time unpredictable. It's not factory's fault, because its' just diffult to switch workers from one project to another instantly.
2. Due to approaching Chinese New Year: We just don't want to rush the orders if everyone wants to go home, while we have a backlog of blanket orders to complete. This order could have been pushed back to March completion day if it's not done in Janaury.
3. Customer's demand: We have experiences with some customers that refuse to pay shipping cost or refuses to pay us full amount as a penalty for late delivery. This is a risk that we can't take for the slim margin we have We reserve the right to serve anyone as much as customers reserve the right to buy from any vendors. This is a cottage business, we have to be careful as a dealer in dealing both ends of an equation.

Solution: Yak was not a popular model until the Russian Jet Team showed off a over the top Yak a couple years ago. Once the fab is over, it'd be diffult to sell after the sales hits a critical quantity, so we can only do special order. For this project, I would rather order the jet first at our own expense and wait until it's done, then our customer can come to pick it up and buying what he sees so that there is less liability on our parts due to shipping delay and possible shipping damage claims.

We have good relationship with JL over the years. Their products quality and services are getting better. We feel confident to sell their product line. For this instance, we just have to make a decision that puts everyone in a less risky position by refunding the deposit and informing him once we have 1 or 2 in stock. If no one buys it, I will fly it myself. A great excuse to own another jet.

Regards,

Mike
Old 01-05-2016, 09:40 AM
RCFlyerDan

Great Explanation Mike!!
Continue the great work and service! Love the concept that you are improving kits and making them into great ARF's. Thanks! Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.