Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The ama is toothless

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The ama is toothless

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:28 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
If you look at AMA's IRS 990 forms from the last three years published, which actually go back to 2007 data since each one has current year and three prior, you see that in constant 2014 dollars the AMA's membership revenue has dropped each year since 2007. Since those same forms say that 93% or more of their revenue comes from membership dues, I think you ask a valid question.

The revenue decrease is either a result of fewer paying members, or more members moving from higher dollar open memberships to reduced dollar other types (senior discount?) or a combination of both. Either way, there does appear to be a financial incentive that may play here.

Now that AMA has said they are working to get the registration fee paid as part of AMA benefit, then suddenly all of those 30,000 "free" youth memberships just resulted in a big bill to the rest of us. $5 x 30,000 is a significant line item.
LOL...so many qualifiers there. The AMA is alive and well, despite the doom and gloom from you and others. The popularity of MR will be injecting yet another group of folks into the hobby and the AMA just as heli's did years ago, and other after that.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:17 AM
turbofixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mine the FAA doenst make any laws only rules. for most it will be up to local gov to make a law that says what you can and cant do in their area. Local gov can and will use the FAA as a guide line. i registered first morning but mostly because I am a pilot. and the FAA can pull my lic if they find fault with me for anything.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:22 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I heard from a guy at our field in Morgan Hill, ca, that wave master's in hollister (another field), ca is not allowing people to fly unless they are registered with the FAA.